one.

Always The Bestfriend, Never The Boyfriend

“Kai! Wake up!”

Kai's eyes shot open. He caught sight of Kyungsoo's face and smiled. He sat up straight and stared at Kyungsoo, who was currently pulling a white shirt over his head. He stared at Kyungsoo's plump lips to the older's milky white chest and stomach.

“What are you staring at?” Kyungsoo asked, raising an eyebrow at Kai. The younger chuckled and shook his head. Kai pulled the blanket off and stood up. He headed to Kyungsoo and backhugged him, knowing how Kyungsoo likes backhugs.

The hug had set Kyungsoo's stomach on fire. He felt his face heat up and his cheeks turned scarlet. “Kai, what are you doing?”

“Stay with me, hyung.” Kai's sudden blurt made Kyungsoo jolt up. He felt ecstatic. He felt something for the perfectly tanned boy, indeed, it was something more than friendship.

“Of course. Now, stop being such a sweetheart and get dressed. We have a guesting on a radio show,” Kyungsoo said, removing Kai's hands away from his waist. As soon as the warmth left his body, he wanted to pull Kai to the bed and cuddle but it was nowhere near the word “possible”.

Kai grinned at the older and got dressed. Kyungsoo sat on the bed, fumbling over his phone. He has been texting his non-celebrity friend, which fancies him. It has been a while now since they've met on the café downtown.

The older chuckled, as Kai creased his forehead. Who has been texting Kyungsoo this early in the morning? Jealousy shot Kai but he didn't bother and ask Kyungsoo; it was probably someone IMPORTANT.

Kai walked out of the room and hung out with Sehun. He sat beside Sehun at the van. Kyungsoo gave him a questioning look. Usually, they'd sit next to each other and laugh their asses off until their stomachs ache but this day was different.

Kai hadn't walked Kyungsoo to the van.

Kai sat beside Sehun.

Kai was laughing his off with Sehun.

Kyungsoo stared at Kai, anger and jealousy running in his veins. Why is he even acting like that? Kyungsoo racked his brain for ideas why Kai was acting like a total jerk towards him; but there was nothing. Kai even gave him a backhug. There wasn't a single reason for the younger to avoid him; let alone be a jerk to him, for Pete's sake!

Kyungsoo sat beside Baekhyun. The latter flashed him a genuine smile after giving Kyungsoo a high-five. They exchanged lame jokes; enjoyed each other company. Kyungsoo might be able to set things aside between Kai and him... for a little while.

- - -

Kai stared at Kyungsoo. The latter rested his head upon Baekhyun's shoulder, as Baekhyun wrapped his arms around Kyungsoo's shoulder. The latter smiled and closed his eyes for a minute or two; as Baekhyun kissed him in his messy, yet y hair.

Kai gritted his teeth and clenched his fist. Surely, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo looked cute together, but that doesn't made him feel any better. He loved Kyungsoo! And the only choice he had to choose from is; to confess or to let Kyungsoo go.

Kai huffed a sigh. The radio show ended and he immediately jolt up and headed straight to the van; Sehun following him. “Kai-hyung!”

“Sehun,” Kai said in a low voice. He sat near the window, Sehun sat beside him. Their places hadn't change, Kyungsoo was still sitting beside Baekhyun and they were still laughing to their hearts' content. Kai closed his eyes and felt Sehun's hand brush against his. If that was Kyungsoo's hand, it would have been a lot better. But it wasn't.

They arrived at the dorm, Kai getting out of that van after the engine had died. He headed straight to their room, not even bothering to remove his shoes and slumped on their bed. He slammed the door shut, of course.

A few minutes had passed and he heard the knob twist. A few footsteps can be heard and he heard a familiar, soothing voice.

“Kai?”

It was him. The boy Kai had always admired. Kai pulled the blanket off his head. “Hyung?”

Kyungsoo sat beside Kai. He the younger's hair as he spoke. “Are you angry at me?”

Kai just closed his eyes shut. He doesn't want to speak to Kyungsoo, but deep down there he knew what he really wanted.

“Kai?”

Kai pulled his blanket to cover his face again. The older didn't try and argue. He heard a sigh.

“Okay, I won't push you. Talk to me when you want to, Kai.”

The younger heard a few footsteps. He held the sound of skin against doorknob and he sat up straight.

“Kyungsoo, I'm tired of being JUST the bestfriend!” Kai blurted out. He tugged his own hair and threw his everything in his desk. Kyungsoo walked to Kai.

The younger looked at the wide-eyed boy. Tears had started flowing down his caramel cheeks and Kyungsoo wiped all of it away. “K-Kai...”

Kai sighed. He held Kyungsoo's hand.

“I'm always the bestfriend...” Kai said, barely above a whisper as a gust of wind entered his room. “When do I get the chance and be your boyfriend?”

Kyungsoo's eyes grew - if possible - even bigger. “K-Kai...”

“Hyung, I love you.” Kai said as he pulled Kyungsoo down and smashed his lips against the plump ones. Kyungsoo was too shocked to respond but in a matter of seconds, their lips were brushing against each other. Kyungsoo parted his lips as the younger slipped his tongue inside Kyungsoo's mouth, earning a moan from Kyungsoo. It would have been in a higher level if it wasn't for a knock on the door.

“Well, you're my boyfriend now.” Kyungsoo said as he winked and stood up to open the door.