final-

Stay(With Me)

"Why are you crying?" Kyungsoo approached the sad boy on the swing. 

Jongin looked up and caught a blurry sight of his neighbour's son,they never talked to each other before. And despite that,Jongin found himself spewing out his feelings. "B-because Chanyeol and Baekhyun made fun of me! They said they don't want to play with black people!" 

Although the six year old Kyungsoo had no idea who Chanyeol and Baekhyun were,he still tried to comfort the crying boy. "If they do this to you,that means they are not your friends anymore! Because they are bad and made you feel sad." 

"I hate Chanyeol and Baekhyun! Forever!" Jongin kicked the floor angrily,toes barely touching the ground.

"Don't use the word hate so easily,my momma told me it was a strong word to use. You could say dislike." 

Jongin was kind of taken back by what Kyungsoo said,he looked younger than him but his words were mature."I dislike Chanyeol and Baekhyun!" 

"If they are not your friends,then I will be friends with you." Kyungsoo sat down on the swing.

"Really? You don't dislike my skin color?" Jongin's expression brightened up,eyes still shimmering because of his previous tears. 

Kyungsooo nodded and beamed,"You are special,the good kind of special,so I am going friend you." 

"Yay!" Jongin hopped down the swing and jumped around with his short legs. Kyungsoo stood up and did the mini celebratory dance with Jongin. 

"D-do you want to drink m-milk together?" Kyungsoo was panting slightly,the two kids were tired after bouncing around. 

"Why?" Jongin liked the word together that came out of Kyungsoo's mouth.

"Because drinking milk makes you white! Look at me,I drink milk everyday." Kyungsoo thought that Jongin's smile couldn't get any bigger and if it did,his face would break. 

"Really?" Jongin exclaimed amusingly.
 
"Yes! Let's go to my house,my momma has got a big big carton of milk in the magical cold box!" 

"Hooray! I want to be white like-" Jongin tilted his head in confusion. "What is your name? My name is Kim Jongin,I am five years old this year and I like to draw and run." His mother thought him to introduce himself like that and made him memorize it. 

"My name is Do Kyungsoo. I am six years old this year and I like to drink milk." 

"Kyungsoo is older than Jongin! Wow!" 

"Of course I am! I'm taller than you,bleh!" Kyungsoo pulled his ears and made a monkey face.

"I will drink more milk than you and be whiter and taller than you,hyung!" 

Kyungsoo shook his head and wiggled his index finger. 

"Let's go!" Jongin practically dragged Kyungsoo to his house until he realized that he wasn't the owner of the house and he got all shy when he was in front of the door. Kyungsoo was still blushing because Jongin held his hand and he haven't let go yet. He liked the warm feeling.

Kyungsoo grinned at his dumbness and knocked on the door,calling for his momma. 

"Aren't you the little Kim next door? Come in,sweetie." Mrs Do squatted down to give her son a hug and a small handshake to Jongin. 

Jongin tripped on the floor mat after removing his shoes. "Good a-afterning,my name is Kim Jongin,I am five years old this year and I like to draw and run." Mrs Do chuckled warmly at Jongin's clumsiness. 

"Momma,momma! Two cups of milk please!" Kyungsoo raised up both his hands to tug his mother's shirt hem,jumping excitedly.

"Alright,you two sit down in the living room first." Mrs Do watched the two hold hands and walked to the living room,little footsteps not in synch but nevertheless cute. 

"Kyungsoo hyung! I think I love you!" Jongin clung onto Kyungsoo's arms and hugged it affectionately. 

"W-what?" The six year old boy was flustered and he didn't even know what he was supposed to do so he flicked Jongin's nose. 

"Ouch! Hyung! Why?" Jongin loosen his grip and used his tiny index finger to massage his red nose. 

"Don't use the word love so easily. My momma said so. You could say-" 

"Jongin likes you a lot,hyung. A lot,a lot,a lot,a lot,a lot plus a lot!" Jongin can't seem to be able to be angry at his new friend for making him look like Rudolph. Kyungsoo's face was flushed again,he leaned in to Jongin and said,"I can't decide if I like you a lot yet,but I like you!" 

"We will be together,always!" Jongin's face was getting sore for smiling too wide and his heart was doing flips,he just wanted to sit down all day and stay with his hyung.

"But don't you want to go to heaven? My momma told me that heaven is a nice place,everyone wants to go there." 

"I don't want to," Jongin shook his head seriously. 

"Why?" Kyungsoo asked,because in his mind,heaven was somewhere nice,with clouds and melodious angels. 

"Because hyung won't be with me in heaven!" The younger boy wrapped his short arms around Kyungsoo,giggling sillily.

Kyungsoo squirmed out of Jongin's arms when Mrs Do came in with two plastic cups of milk. "Kids,be careful not to choke on the milk,take small sips,okay? I'll be in the kitchen,call me if you need help." Kyungsoo and Jongin nodded obediently and took their individual cup of milk,short fingers not touching when circling around the cup. 

"White milk tastes as good as choco milk! Can I come to hyung's house to drink milk again?" Jongin said after swallowing his milk. 

Kyungsoo's eyes formed crescent moons and he giggled,"Yes,if my momma allows." 

They both heard a distant yes of course you can from the kitchen.

"Hyung,your lips." Jongin pointed at his face and laughed,he thought Kyungsoo looked cute even though there was milk on his upper lip. 

"What?" Kyungsoo doesn't seem to get what he was talking about so he pouted because Jongin was laughing at him. 

"Milk,lips!" Jongin placed his cup on the table and clutched his stomach,bursting out into little laughters. 

"What,Jongin? Tell me!" Kyungsoo frowned and stomped his foot childishly. 

Jongin's laughter died down after seeing Kyungsoo's expression and he decided that he'll never get what he was talking about so he chose to inch closer and wipe the milk off Kyungsoo's lips,with his own. 

The fairer boy's eye grew wide and his fingers were trembling,struggling to hold his cup upright. 

"Tada! Gone! Never waste milk,right?" Jongin drank his milk like nothing just happened and he teased Kyungsoo's red face. 

"Ouch! Hyung! My nose hurts,can you stop?" 

 


The next day,Jongin knocked on his neighbor's door,not forgetting about the milk promise from yesterday. 

"Look,it's Jonginnie. What are you doing here,my dear?" 

"Hello,Kyungsoo's momma. Is hyung in here?" He tipped his toes and peeked in,trying to catch a glimpse of his hyung. 

"I'm sorry but no,he's not. If you want to look for him,he's at the playground with Joonmyun." 

Joonmyun was the popular neighborhood kid that ajummas swoon over because of his good attitude and smart looks. 

"Thank you!" With that,Jongin bowed and sprinted off as fast as his short legs could bring him. 

When he reached the playground that was just round the neighborhood,he saw Joonmyun holding Kyungsoo's hand while chasing butterflies. 

Jongin didn't think about any thing other than his heart feeling uneasy after seeing them hold hands. Only he was allowed to hold Kyungsoo's hand and play with Kyungsoo. 

He marched up to them and slapped Joonmyun's hand away,hugging Kyungsoo. 

"J-Jongin,what are you doing?" Kyungsoo sounded shock because Jongin appeared out of nowhere and hugged him and Joonmyun was wailing. 

"Mine," Jongin stuck his tongue out at the crying boy. "Hyung is Jongin's."

Kyungsoo felt like he could melt into a puddle of goo anytime soon,his heart swelling with an unknown feeling to him called affection.

"But you made Joonmyun cry. His momma will scold us." 

"But he stole Kyungsoo away from Jongin,Jongin doesn't like it." 

"Jongin,"Kyungsoo reluctantly pulled away from him and went to look if Joonmyun had any injuries. "You're not suppose to do that! He's in pain." Kyungsoo panicked when Joonmyun started whining about his arm being broken or something. 

Jongin glared at Joonmyun because he knew that it was all an act. Joonmyun was trying to act pitiful to steal Kyungsoo away from him. 

"Hyung,he is not really injured!" 

"Jongin! You are in the wrong! You have to apologize." Kyungsoo slowly helped Joonmyun up to sit down on the bench. 

"No!" Jongin screamed loudly and ran away with tears spilling out of his eyes,leaving Kyungsoo in utter shock. 

"Kyungsoo doesn't have to care about him,Kyungsoo has got Joonmyun!" The neighborhood sweetie smirked and hugged the stiff Kyungsoo tightly. 

"You are not really injured,right?" Kyungsoo pushed Joonmyun away forcefully,face etched with betray and disbelief. 

Joonmyun realized what he had done and shouted,"wait!" But it was too late,Kyungsoo was off running after Jongin. 

 

"Jongin!" Kyungsoo desperately knocked on the door,crying out his dongsaeng's name. 

Mrs Kim opened the door and greeted the small kid with a pitiful smile,"I'm so sorry,Kyungsoo. Jongin said that he wanted to be alone for now. Maybe you can come back later on?" She patted Kyungsoo's head and wiped away his tears with the back of her hands. 

Kyungsoo couldn't finish his dinner,he told his momma what happened and she could do nothing to help but to only give him a few words of comfort. He inwardly sighed and cried himself to sleep,feeling miserable because he just lost an important friend he met yesterday. 

 

Kyungsoo woke up to the sight of Jongin sitting beside his bed,elbows on the bed and hands cupping his face,admiring him. 

"Ah!" He squeaked,shocking both himself and Jongin. 

"H-hyung,you're awake..." Jongin lowered his head shamefully.

"Hyung,Jongin is sorry. I promise hyung that I will not be selfish anymore,please don't dislike me... I will say sorry to Joonmyun and you can play with him..." Jongin looked so much like a lonely sad puppy that Kyungsoo hugged him. 

"Jongin don't have to say sorry. Because Joonmyun is a bad kid! And I like you a lot! A lot,a lot plus a lot! I like you the second-most because I like momma and papa the most!" Kyungsoo grinned over Jongin's small shoulders,squeezing him tight. 

Jongin's tiny voice said,"H-hyu... Bre-breathe...." Kyungsoo immediately let go and apologized to the choking Jongin. After the younger boy was breathing normally again,he jumped on Kyungsoo and wrapped his arms around him,making him fall back onto the bed. 

"Hyung likes Jongin the second-most! Yay!" 

"Yah,yah,yah! Stop!" Kyungsoo giggled as Jongin peppered his face with disgusting wet pecks. 

"Hyung likes Jongin the second-most! Hyung likes Jongin the second-most!" Jongin finally let go of Kyungsoo and skipped around the room happily,chanting the same thing over and over again. 

 


"Hyung!" Jongin strode towards Kyungsoo,placing an arm around his shoulders. 

"Ouch! Hyung!" Jongin retracted his arm and fanned his nose. 

"I know your height is gigantic now,you don't have to tease me like that." Kyungsoo crossed his arms and stuck his tongue out only to stop himself before he might be in potential risk of Jongin kissing him in public. Jongin does it anyway. 

"Jongin! We're in school!" Jongin shook his head while smiling and hugged Kyungsoo,placing the shorter's head on his chest. 

Over the years,they've grown up. Well,maybe a little bit too much for Jongin because he was much more taller than Kyungsoo now,body well-built. It's because of the milk,Jongin would say Then Kyungsoo would say you're still as black,though. And then Jongin will turn all sulky and Kyungsoo will apologize with a kiss. Jongin always liked to show his affection for his hyung openly and Kyungsoo can't seem to push him away because he was melting inside. Although everything changed,there's one thing that had never changed. Jongin was still willing to give up heaven for Kyungsoo.

"Mr Do,Mr Kim,do you guys want detention?" 

--
sorry I know this please lemme go swallow a cupcake and die

forgive any spelling and grammar mistakes  please<3