Grandmother says

It's all because of the Stars!

Chapter 1: Grandmother says

 

Luhan’s POV

 

“You may eat it now.” A woman smiled at me. She’s sincere for me but I don’t want to feel it.

 

“What?” I don’t eat this kind of thing. I eat cookies but not with the word “fortune”. I mean, if you open and see the message, it can control your mind. If you get positive, you’ll think it’ll come by and you will do nothing. If it’s negative, you’ll lose faith and just quit. See the logic? That is why I do not believe in these things. They’re so tricky. “I don’t like this. Thanks by the way.”

 

I just smiled and left the woman. I don’t want to make her feel sad though I know she’s confused now. She knew my grandmother being the famous and well-known believer of the stars, even my family, except me.

 

“Wait!” She followed me and tugged my shirt. “Please, just read it.”

 

Her smile, somehow it creeps me. Uh-oh. I feel this aura with my family. Oh dear, what did I put myself into? I just helped this woman cross the street and this is what I get?! I thought good things happen at you when you do good things.

 

Maybe I shouldn’t have hoped for an exchange. Luhan, you’re an idiot.

 

I sighed and made a fake smile. She’s so stubborn then fine. I don’t know what got into me now but I took the cookie and crushed it. I opened and from the moment I saw “You will know..” I looked back at the old woman who then became gone.

 

I crumpled the paper and put it inside my pants’ right pocket. I just hate these things. Whenever I see something connected to “predictions” or “stars”, it makes me wanna go under a bed and hide there until no stars are out anymore! I had a very bad past when I first started it and it had a pattern. Phew. Luck—I mean, fortu--- no, the good thing is, it stopped now.

 

I walked home and as I enter our house, there was nobody there.. Or is it?

This is one of the reasons I don't know why my family is my family. Well, I just have a bad past so ..

Wait there is something on the table. I walked close to it and it was dated yesterday. Why would they keep it?


"Oh, there you are!" Oh gosh, if If I was so sensitive, I could have shouted in such surprise. My grandma's voice really creep me out. "Oh my, did I scare you?"

No. You made me happy. Ugh. Just because my older brother got married already, I am stuck here.

"Uhm.. Why is this paper still here? It's from yesterday. Shouldn't it be stocked already or I don't know." I was about to put it down when my grandma touched my hand and it froze me. 

"Read it." I had no other choice. I usually read the newspapers but these past few days, I haven't since I've been busy. 

They always make me read the zodiac section which annoys me. Not only the drawings but also what is written with it. 

I nodded immediately with a slight smile. Try being in my situation whereas you don't want to do the tradition your family is doing and you seem to be doing a mistake not following! It kills me with conscience!

"So, how've you've been?" Grandma asks me as we walk to the living room. I sat comfortably at the sofa and my grandma stays standing. There might be a reason for that.

"I'm fine Madame." I nodded to her. Calling her "Madame" is the respect, since she is powerful. I continue looking at the paper as I turned the page. 

"Luhan, it's her." I stopped. I pretended that I didn't hear her. What did she mean by her? "I'm telling you! Read it, my boy!"

What? Okay, fine. I'm going to read it. Does my family have natural telekinesis with them? They always knew what I was thinking. I wish I could have it too. Hahaha!

'Believe on what is written for you. If you don't, you might regret and in the end, you will be lost.'

Oh dear. THIS IS KILLING ME. Those words are killing me!!!!!!
My grandmother now has her eyes like hawk and I should continue if I don't want to die young.

Taurus 
You will know.

"Wait, what?!"

"Is there a problem?"

"Uhm.. Nope." I nervously smiled. Wasn't that the first three words I got from the ..

Now, why would be on this 2nd day of may, history will repeat itself?! 

Wait. This newspaper wasn't really today. It's May 1. The day that I was first..

May 1, 1996

"By this age now, my dear boy, you will be able to read and to know what is written for you." My awesome grandpa told me as he hands me a red paper with my birthday on it. 

I was very excited. It was something special in my terms, thinking that as I am involved to our tradition, I will be powerful as well like my grandparents.

Soon enough, I took the red paper. Goodness, it was so cool!!!
The writings were on gold. So classy and expensive in my opinion.

"Be careful, boy. Grandpa will just do something. Wait for me." My grandfather then left me alone there. To add up, the script was written in native language.

"You should have been more careful because you are to be sorrowful."

I cried.

After I read those words, I felt pang in my heart. I was scared back at that time. I didn't know what it meant though and I shouldn't have.

Few minutes later, soon as I was about to tell my grandpa what I got and mutter about it. 

I saw him on the floor.

"Grandpa!" I yelled as loud as I can. I went beside him, trying to wake him up. Having the sense of losing someone is so dramatic and hurtful. I shook him so that he would wake up but nothing happened.

Flashback ends where I was at the hospital seeing my parents worry. That's why people shouldn't judge me. I was creeped out and a family was taken from me.

 

End of flashback.
-----

And today, after what happened, not really understanding why, I became scared. My family did explain that it wasn't my fault or the stupid writing had to do about it.

But it wasn't the only time anyways.... 


Anywho.....

I gulped and raised a brow, looking at the paper. I did that action to tell my grandmother 'I am reading it, that is why I have my expression'

HAHAHAHAHAH I'm so smart.

"So, what does it say?" Grandma tilts her head, looking concerned for me. I think she got the aftershock of reading the horoscope for me. "Is it horrible?"

Your Luhan blinks to himself, slowly looking up to his grandma (idk for drama or suspense, I guess?).

"Grandma..."


3 minutes later..
I meant 13 minutes later..


"So she is Jessica Jung?" I asked, still weirded out by what I told my grandma earlier. I'm sitting comfortably now 'cause I knew I surpassed the 'test' and as of now, I'm changing the topic by speaking about 'her' my grandmother told about.

"Ah yes my boy!" he clasps he hands and smiles charming as if she was so delighted, believing that a Chinese citizen like me currently in China can meet and marry that heiress from South Korea. Isn't that amazing? =_= I pity her. "You're so lucky! You should be grateful for the stars!"

Eww. I'm nowhere grateful, not even satisfied. Changing my way of life from my family is the best decision I've ever made!!!!!

"Ah yes."

"You should go to South Korea." I suddenly blinked at what she said. What? Well, I actually work there.. I mean, I used to work there and it's less than a month since I've went back to China and now, she is sending me back there?!

I have reasons why I will NEVER want to go back or even need to be.

One. Girls hate me. I'm not a playboy, I'm just too friendly, I was mistaken as a playboy and I rode with the flow.
Two. My stupid friends. 
Three. I prefer being with my family.
Four. I have environment problems.
Five. My stupid friends that's why we have four.

"B--"

"No buts or any violent reactions! Respect your Madame!" 

Sheesh. I'm in capital D-O-O-M.