Final

That one thing

 

I’ve tried playing it cool

 

She’s pretty. She really is pretty. She really is very pretty.

“Man” The guy sitting on the bench mumbled when the said pretty girl did a cartwheel showing off her milky white legs to all people watching the school’s cheer dancing team practice.

Not that the pretty lady loves it when people are ing on her or peeking at her shorts, not that she is showing off or begging for attention. She gets it anyway without trying and it’s been 4 years of college (she’s graduating soon) and still not succeeding in making people look away from her.

She tried, but it’s not easy when it’s her (plus the fact that she’s the Jessica Jung’s sister)

“So hot” another guy mumbled when she did another stunt.

Sehun, who was pretty much sitting on the field bench alongside with his 2 () friends remained stoic and bored as he played with his not-so-new DS

He peeked at the girl they’re goo-ing and drooling on and caught the sight of the Jung Soojung smiling at her teammates.

Sehun rolled his eyes and turned his attention back to his game “whatever guys” he mumbled as he tried to beat his own high score.

He smirked when he was successful in beating his record when there was a (not so) manly squeal from his friends.

He turned to look at Baekhyun who was all smile and gums and slit eyes, squealing on his seat. He was about to ask what the hell is wrong with the man when a voice interrupted his thoughts.

“Hi Sehun”

He turned to look front and raised an eyebrow when the Jung Soojung stood before him.

She was sweaty, her bangs damped on her forehead, cheeks beet red because of exhaustion, and he thinks she may smell awful but not really, but it did not make the guys not crowd around her (offering her water and whatnot)

“I said hi” She said again smiling and crouched down to Sehun’s face and confidently pecked his lips.

Sehun pulled back and glared at her. “Don’t do that” He mumbled as he turned his attention back to his game.

She sat beside him and rummaged his bag for a bottle of water.

“And don’t do that” he mumbled amidst his eyes on his console. He heard her groan and that’s when he looked up.

“What?” He asked irritated and was about to turn back to his game when the girl groaned again and he felt soft palms pressing his cheeks and he was turned to look at a Soojung not very pleased with his attitude.

“You listen here Oh Sehun, I’m not the one who courted you, and I’m not the one who asked you to be my boyfriend, so if you would just treat me like this then it was a bad decision saying yes” She hissed as he looked at his eyes.

Sehun blinked at her and was about to apologize to the girl, but the said pretty lady was already stomping her way back to her team mumbling something about an boyfriend.

Sehun sighed when there was an arm on his shoulder and when he looked it was a smirking Chanyeol (with his freaky eyebrows going up and down)

“You know, I could always take care of Soojung if you don’t like”

Sehun rolled his eyes and angrily shrugged his friend’s arm and stood up.

“No one’s taking my girlfriend” He said to Chanyeol, and loud enough for other people to hear “Understand?”

And with that he got his bag and went to his car.

Chanyeol laughed at the irony of events. He told everyone no one is taking his girlfriend but he left her practicing (and sulking about her boyfriend)

Oh the irony.

 

>>><<< 

 

But when I’m looking at you, I can’t ever be brave coz you make my heart race.

 

But the reality is, Sehun didn’t really go home, he fetched some flowers and her favorite jelly beans and went back to school to bring her girl home.

He was outside the girl’s locker room, flowers and a pack of jelly beans at hand when she saw him (Soojung was always the last to leave the room)

“Oh” Soojung said as she eyed him and decided to walk past him but then he walked and yanked her by the waist with one arm.

“Soojung, please” Sehun mumbled as he pulled her on his chest, her back flushed on his chest. She squirmed out of his grasp but to no avail.

“I’m sorry” He said when he completely back-hugged her bringing his other arm around her waist.

“Sorry” He said again and leaned his forehead on her shoulder hugging her tighter. He sneakily inhaled her scent, and it sent butterflies to his stomach when she smelled soap and his favorite shampoo.

It was silent for a moment until she talked.

“You’re an ” She whispered as she looked down. Too scared for him to see her threatening tears. Jung soojung is not a one to cry unless it’s Oh Sehun.

“I know and I’m sorry” And he turned her to face him. He let go of her for a moment to get his training bag from her shoulder and to his and shove the flowers and pack of jelly beans to her hands.

 “You’re always like that” she whispered again “Acting as if you’re allergic to me”

He sighed when he noticed how her shoulders are shaking lightly.

He enveloped her into his arms again and he swayed them from left to right as he prepared his self for his reason this time.

“I’m never allergic to you” He said.

There was a subtle sniff. “But you act like you do” And that’s when her voice cracked.

He rubbed her back soothingly as she sobbed on his shirt (not that he minds really)

“Do you even still like me?” She whispered. And he almost gasped dramatically for her to even think like that.

“Not really” He found himself saying. She abruptly looked up at him with her tear-stained face, but still beautiful.

“I love you” And he pecked her lips.

And the day did not end without some make-out consolation in Sehun’s car before he walked her to the door.

 

>>><<< 

 

Shot me out of the sky, you’re my kryptonite, you keep making me weak, frozen and can’t breathe

 

Sehun watched from the bleachers alongside with his friends as the cheer dance competition starts (this time with his DS left at home, much to his girlfriend’s delight)

He cleared his throat and hugged his arms as the first performer started. Their school is the 3rd in performing so Sehun spent the time looking at his phone as Soojung continuously texts him how nervous she is. He laughs at her messages but replied just once (to let her know he’s reading). This does not make the girl mad since she’s getting the hang of it, and besides Sehun explained to her how he appreciates it more when she tells him things.

He was laughing at her messages when Baekhyun nudged him and he turned to see his two friends judging him.

“What?”

Chanyeol raised both eyebrows and Baekhyun did one, and it was enough to intimidate him.

“What?” He asked again.

Baekhyun crossed his arms scoffed “Jacket, seriously? In the middle of summer?”

Chanyeol nodded and scoffed at him too.

Sehun rolled his eyes “OOTD, so could you drop it? Besides your beloved Soojung will be next performing” He said through gritted teeth (but deep inside are butterflies when he said her name)

And as if not minutes ago the two friends were judging Sehun’s choice of clothes, they went gaga when their favorite girl with her team started doing the routine.

Soojung’s team took the championship home and Sehun can’t be any more proud.

He was in the hallway outside their changing room (Baekhyun and Chanyeol had left him alone the moment they saw other cheer dancers) waiting for Soojung.

Not moments later Soojung walked out and beamed when she saw him. She pecked his lips when she stood in front of him. He quickly pulled back and blinked.

Sehun thought Soojung would be mad again but he watched as she tilted her head frowned at him and pecked his lips again, again and again.

“Sehun” she mumbled and was about to hold his neck when he quickly held her hand and intertwined their fingers.

“You were so good” Sehun said and smiled at her.

Soojung beamed and hugged his waist “Really?”

Sehun nodded and kissed her forehead. Soojung abruptly looked up at Sehun with a frown back on her face.

“Sehun?” He said. The boy in her arms just smiled.

“You’re hot”

Sehun chuckled and his cheek became red. “And you’re flushing” She continued.

Sehun can’t take it anymore, he was smiling too much at her and he didn’t even notice when he held her neck and gave her an open-mouth kiss, with his thumb brushing her cheeks.

A minute or two when realization sank in and Sehun abruptly let go of Soojung and slightly pushed her.

“Soojung, I-“

“Sehun, you’re running a fever” Soojung said, panic in her voice with wide eyes and she reached out to his forehead and it was indeed burning.

“Sehun, this is not an ordin-“ She said as she held his very warm cheeks, his skin almost burning her palm

“I’m okay” He assured her.

Soojung shook her head as she kept one hand on his cheek, moving it to his forehead, and to his neck, while her other hand was busy dialing her phone.

“Hello” Soojung said, and Sehun remained silent as he looked at her.

“Hi, yes, I won’t be going to the dinner tonight” She said, she kept her eyes on her sick boy.

“Sorry, celebrate in behalf of me, I won’t be coming, sorry again, Bye”

“Soojung” He said but Soojung just glared at him and pulled him towards the exit, to the parking lot.

Soojung’s eyes widened when she realized something “Since when did you have the fever?”

Sehun gulped and answered “Just now” He said, eyes not meeting hers.

“Liar” She mumbled.

Sehun inwardly groaned and looked back at her “Fine, since last night” He mumbled.

Soojung’s eyes widened “What? And you still came here? You should be resting, Sehun! And you even drove here? Are you crazy? Something could have happened, didn’t you think that? Geez, Sehun” Soojung hissed at him, arms stiff by her waist, looking at Sehun with nothing but irritation. She has to let it sink to him that what he did was so inappropriate.

And when he thinks she’s finished with her little lecture he answered why he did it.

“I can’t miss my girlfriend’s competition, can I?” He mumbled.

And Soojung cursed inwardly as she found herself in his arms, amidst his high fever, because oh boy Soojung is surely Sehun-whipped.

>>><<< 

Something’s gotta give now cause I’m dying just to make you see that I need you here with me now cause you’ve got that one thing

 

Sehun can’t help but feel anxious when Soojung ditched him 3 times for lunch the whole week. And today will mark the 4th if she won’t show up on their table again.

“Tsk”

Baekhyun, who was sitting beside him, looked at the poor boy and patted his back.

“Don’t worry dude, she’s in safe hands” Baekhyun said. And it took only one icy gaze from Sehun to shut Baekhyun up, Chanyeol snickered at the two and was shun out too with Sehun’s glare.

It’s either Soojung is 15 mins. late or he’ll receive a text-

And he did.

 

To: Sehun

From: Soojung

Sorry, skipping lunch again, still not done with the thesis

 

And Sehun can’t almost believe what she said because it’s one in a million when Soojung does not say her usual Sehunnie, baby, I love you, can’t wait to see you.

As much as Sehun hates those things (sometimes) he finds it odd that those things are missing in her message.

Sehun scoffed at his phone and it almost crack with his firm grip.

“Who got you angry?” Baekhyun mumbled as he noticed Sehun’s furrowed eyebrows. He peeked on his phone and his mouth formed an ‘o’ when he saw the message.

“So unusual” Baekhyun mumbled as he went back on chewing his rice.

The days continued, and the week ended with Soojung missing lunch with Sehun (and even asked him to go home without her)

It was Friday and Sehun insisted on waiting for Soojung still as he messaged her.

 

To: Soojung

From: Sehun

I’m taking you home, no excuses, whatever time it is, I’ll be waiting at the parking lot

 

To: Sehun

From: Soojung

But this would take long though, you could always go home without me

 

To: Soojung

From: Sehun

Been doing that for 4 days and I’m not liking it.

 

To: Soojung

From: Sehun

Soojung please, let me take you home today, I miss you

 

To: Sehun

From: Soojung

Ok Sehunnie

 

Usually Sehun would wait for Soojung to finish her practice that usually ends at 6:00 pm latest would be 6:15 pm. So when Soojung stood in front of him by his car all smiles and brightness at 7:12 pm, he forgot his mission of trying to act sweet and just entered the car before mumbling a get in now to her.

They (Sehun) decided to eat dinner at her favorite restaurant before bringing her home. The ride to the restaurant was quiet, tense for the driver but relaxing for the passenger.

Sehun’s fist clenched and unclenched on the steering wheel as he stole glances towards Soojung who can’t stop smiling and was looking outside the window.

They soon arrived at the restaurant and Soojung casually linked her arms to Sehun when they entered. She raised an eyebrow when their usual private table was already reserved for them.

They sat and she let Sehun order for her. Their food will arrive in 10 minutes so it means she got the moment to be alone with him.

“Sehun” She called and the guy looked up from his phone.

“Do you have that book on advance calculus?” She casually asked and drank her wine (of course tonight is wine night).

“Yes”

“Can I borrow it?”

Sehun furrowed his eyebrows and asked her “Don’t you have that?”

“Lost mine” She said smiling “So can I?”

Sehun nodded “Sure, it’s in my apartment, let’s get it later”

 

 

Dinner was then served with extra servings of Soojung’s favorite dishes and she asked why she feels so special.

“You are always special Soojung” He mumbled and continued with his food.

Soojung can’t help but blush and ate her food with a big smile on her face.

Soojung feels happy, but she felt happier when dinner ended and they were outside the restaurant hand in hand, waiting for the valet.

“Sehun” She mumbled, her head on his shoulder, and she was hugging him sideways. Sehun usually hates public display of affection and Soojung’s happy he’s not being grumpy that night.

“Hmm”

“I miss you too” And she peeked to see his expression and she felt giddy to see his eye smile.

Seeing his reaction, she decided to taunt hima little until the car arrives. She stood on her toes and whispered to him.

“I miss you Sehunnie, can I kiss you?”

But Sehun wasn’t able to answer anymore because Soojung was in front of him already, her arms around his neck as she kissed him deep (and she felt very very happy that Sehun is not pulling away even though there were a lot of people)

 

 

The elevator ride to Sehun’s unit was spent with lips on lips.

 

 

The moment Sehun opened his apartment unit, his eyes widened and looked back at Soojung who was smiling sheepishly.

Sehun blinked and entered, Soojung following. He turned to Soojung and pointed at his wall.

“You?”

Soojung nodded her head proudly and gave a thumbs up. “And Baekhyun and Chanyeol”

Sehun chuckled and back-hugged Soojung and walked towards the wall that is full of sticky notes with pick-up lines and sweet promises of Soojung to Sehun.

Sehun reads it with Soojung between his arms and his hand caressing hers. 

He reads out loud one sticky note

“Your lips look lonely, would you like to meet mine?”

“Sure” Soojung said and turned around to engage him in a passionate kiss. Sehun chuckled but didn’t push his girlfriend away.

After a minute or two they pulled away, blushing at each other and hearts beating rapidly for one another.

“Happy Anniversary, Sehun” Soojung said and Sehun smiled.

He hugged her and kissed her forehead “Happy 4th anniversary” He mumbled.

Soojung sighed as she tightened her arms around his firm torso “I thought you’d forget” She mumbled on his neck.

Sehun chuckled and ran his hand through her hair. “How can I ever forget this day, babe” He mumbled and Soojung thought she’d drop down on the ground when her knees wobbled the moment he called her babe. It’s one in a million for Sehun to say such things.

They remained standing in the middle of Sehun’s living room (with walls full of sticky notes) swaying each other from left to right, very much contented with each other.

“Soojung”

“Hmm”

Sehun pulled back and looked at her eyes “We’ll be graduating soon”

Soojung nodded and buried her face on his chest again “Yes, and I’ll miss dancing”

Sehun chuckled and held her cheeks for her to look at him. Soojung looked up back and she felt butterflies when he came too close to her.

Soojung thought how lucky she is to have this beautiful man for her.

But Sehun thinks he’s luckier to have her.

“I’m trying my best to give you as much PDA as you want from now on onwards”

Soojung laughed at that and playfully pinched his cheeks.

“I’d donate my game consoles so I’d put my whole attention on you”

Soojung giggled and rested her hands on his shoulder.

“Even though I’ll have a high fever and soon a delirium, I’ll never miss a special day for you”

Soojung pulled Sehun towards her this time and hugged him tighter. Her head on his shoulder as she whispered “You’re being greasy”

Sehun just smiled and he continued

“And I’ll buy you jelly beans every time I make you sad”

Sehun kissed her head “And I would never buy you jelly beans because I promise to never make you sad” he whispered.

Sehun let go of Soojung with tears running down her cheeks because greasy Sehun is another one in a million Sehun.

Sehun smiled as he stared at her tear-stained beautiful face and ran his thumb along her cheeks to wipe her tears.

 “I love you Soojung, can I reserve you after graduation and for the rest of our lives?” He asked as he fixed her hair behind her ears.

Soojung leaned in to his touch and closed her eyes.

“Of course, Sehun” Soojung mumbled

Sehun got her right hand and kissed her fingers. He held it to his cheeks and smiled at Soojung.

“Marry me someday please” He said as she suddenly felt something cold moving on her left hand.

Soojung brought her hand in front of them and her eyes widened when she saw a diamond ring on her finger. She looked up at Sehun.

Sehun gulped down his nervousness as he waited for Soojung to speak. Never did he thought that asking a simple question would make you feel thousand of emotions.

Soojung noticed the uneasy look on his boyfriend's face so she stood on her toes to give him a peck on the lips

“I will Sehun" Soojung mumbled as she pecked his lips again "I will"

And the night was spent with more wine, more kisses, and some pre-marital activity that 4th yr. to-be-graduates should not be doing (but they did anyway)

 

 

Their 4th anniversary, a day when they celebrate with Soojung’s favorite wine, Soojung’s favorite food, Soojung’s favorite place.

Anniversary spent to make Soojung happy.

Because a happy Soojung is a happy Sehun.

 

>><< 

But I need that one thing, and you’ve got that one thing

 

Sehun needs that one thing and Soojung got that one thing.

 

Sehun’s heart. (Owned by the girl since first day of college)

 

FIN


A/N Hi. My first Sehun-Krystal offering. Was it greasy or not at all? Haha. You know while writing the last few parts (the proposal) I was listening to Forevermore by Side A that's why the grease just went on and on =))

 

April 30, 2014