One.

Empty Tears

Tears won't stop flowing. His sobs were a lot louder than before. He kept wiping the tears away but it wasn't even effective.

“Sehun,” a voice from behind said. Sehun wiped all his tears away as he turned around.

It was Jongdae. The boy that helped “SeBaek” happen. Jongdae was their bridge.

And now, the cheerful Jongdae was crying.

“J-jongdae,” Sehun whispered, tears started trickling down his cheeks again. Jongdae hugged Sehun. They were the closest friends, Jongdae, Sehun and Baekhyun. And now, Baekhyun is gone.

“It's okay, Sehun.” Jongdae said, tapping Sehun's back as the latter started sobbing violently. “Everything will be just fine.”

“Everything will never be as it was before, Jongdae.” Sehun said in between sobs. “He's gone.”

“I know he'll stay with you. He will always be with you, Sehun. Don't lose hope,” Jongdae said.

They broke their hug and sat on the chairs in front. Sehun was still sobbing loudly, Jongdae checking on him every now and then. A few people stood up and stole a peek from Baekhyun. They shed a few tears but Sehun was still crying.

“Please stand up,” the priest ordered. Everyone stood up except Sehun and Baekhyun's family. Somehow, they were the most affected by this.

The priest started the ceremony, Sehun and the Byun's were still sitting. All throughout the ceremony, Sehun's sobs were loud. He wiped his tears and tried to stood up.

“Sehun, just sit down.” Jongdae said, pushing Sehun for the latter to sit down once again. “Just sit down. It will be okay.”

A few minutes passed and soon, people were giving out roses for others to drop on Baekhyun's coffin. The coffin was already lowered down the grave and the Byuns stood up and dropped the red roses.

Soon, it was Sehun's turn. He stood up, accompanied by Jongdae, of course. They stood in front of the hole.

Jongdae dropped the rose after mumbling “take care of yourself in there, Baekhyun. I know you're happy in there”. He stepped aside.

“Baekhyun-ah, you said you'll stay with me. You told me we'll be together forever,” Sehun paused, wiping a few tears away. He had started crying again.

“Baekhyun-ah, I promised you that we'll kiss under the real rain. But you left me. Please... come back,” Sehun sobbed loudly, Mrs. Byun walked up to him.

“Sehun,” Sehun turned around and saw Mrs. Byun. “Drop the rose.” her voice cracked, somehow, and a few tears trickled down her cheek.

Sehun nodded as he dropped the rose. 'Baekhyun-ah, please wait for me...'

He walked to his seat and sat down. Jongdae looked at him. “Are you okay?”

Sehun looked at Chen with red eyes as he nodded.

“You sure?” Jongdae asked as he pulled a bottle of water. “Water?”

Sehun's throat was dry. He grabbed the bottle, mumbling a quick thank you. Jongdae nodded and smiled as Sehun finished the water in one shot.

“You sure are thirsty. I bet you're already hungry?” Jongdae said, looking intently at Sehun. The truth was, Jongdae haven't had a proper meal since Baekhyun died. But, since Sehun was Baekhyun's boyfriend, it might have been a lot harder for Sehun.

“Yes,” Sehun whispered. The ceremony was done.

“Let's go?” a voice from behind Sehun said. The latter turned around and saw his brother, Tao.

“Oh, Tao~ I'll go.” Jongdae bowed and walked away. Sehun bid him goodbye and then looked at Tao. “Can I just bid Baekhyun goodbye?”

“Yep,” Tao answered as Sehun smiled and nodded. It was a forceful and teary-eyed smile, though.

Sehun walked to Baekhyun's tomb as he started talking.

“Baekhyun-ah, it's been a week... I already miss you.”

“Baekhyun-ah, this sounds idiotic but... please come back. I can't live without you.”

“Baekhyun-ah... I love you... please, come back... I already miss you.”

“Baekhyun-ah, I love you so much...” he trailed off, wiping countless tears. He sobbed louder as a gust of wind passed and felt like it was hugging him.

“Byun Baekhyun... I hope you're happy... wherever you are...”

Sehun stood up and walked away, sobbing continuously. Tao walked to him and grabbed his shoulders.

“It's okay, Sehun.” Tao whispered, hugging his brother. The warmth had spread throughout the younger's body and he couldn't help but smile.

“Thank you, hyung.” Sehun said, hugging Tao back. He was crying again, at the mere thought that when he wakes up tomorrow, no Baekhyun will talk to him through the phone.

“Everything will be okay,” Tao said as he patted Sehun's head. Sehun nodded and broke the hug. “Keep moving.”

Sehun flashed Tao a smile, a forceful smile, though. The latter threw his hand around Sehun's shoulders and pulled him outside.

“Let's go home, I bet you're tired.” Tao said. Sdhun looked back at Baekhyun's tomb.

'I'll see you in my dreams, Baekhyun.'

- -

Sehun had arrived home with red eyes and puffy cheeks. He was the first to get out of the car and he went to his room immediately.

Tao looked at their mother. “Just let him be.”

Tao nodded and head to his room. He heard numerous sobs from Sehun's room when he had passed by it. He felt pity towards his brother. This was already hard enough for him.

He entered his room and slumped on his bed. He heaved a sigh and closed his eyes. The sight of his brother, Sehun crying wasn't really nice.

“Ugh,” he tugged on his hair as he sat up straight. “Should I go to Sehun's room...”

The door of his room flew open. There, his brother, Sehun stands. “Tao.”

“Sehun! Come on in,” Tao said, standing up and pulling Sehun towards the bed. He closed the door and sat beside his brother.

“What is it?” Tao asked as Sehun looked at him.

“Tao, I-I had read Baekhyun's letters for me. H-he also had a video of himself.” Sehun said in between violent sobs. He wiped his tears away continuously but it was no help. Tears kept trickling down his cheeks. Tao stared at his brother. In the length of a week, his brother became thin and fragile. Sehun looked like he was about to die, which Tao wouldn't allow.

Sehun handed Tao the phone Mrs. Byun had given him. Tao took it and opened one of the videos and there came Baekhyun's face. He was pale, yet, he was smiling.

“Sehun-ah! I know that when you're watching this, I'm already gone.” Baekhyun said, his voice cracking as a stray tear trickled down his cheek. He quickly wiped it off and flashed a fake smile. “Please don't cry when I'm already gone. I want you to be happy!”

Sehun looked at the ceiling as he sniffed. He felt lonely, because there's no more Baekhyun to wake him up through sweet text messages and phone calls. There was no Baekhyun to make him happy.

“Sehun, I feel bad because I haven't told you that I'm dying. I feel selfish... but I don't want to see you crying because it hurts me... a lot... so please, don't cry.” Baekhyun had started crying, and so does Sehun. Sehun was sobbing loudly, Tao his back continuously. The latter's eyes were glued to the phone's screen.

“Sehun, please. I want you to be happy. You'll find someone who will never leave you. You'l, find someone who will never make you cry... you... you'll find someone who will make you happy...” Baekhyun heaved a sigh. “I love you, Sehun. I will miss you but please bear this in mind, I will always be with you.”

Sehun closed his eyes and heaved a sigh. 'Please, Baekhyun. Please come back.'

Tao looked at his brother who was currently sobbing violently. Sehun was a total mess. He was wretched.

“Sehun, please take care of yourself. I want you to be happy, Sehun.” Baekhyun wiped his tears away. “I love you and I will miss you.”

“Goodbye, Sehun. I love you.” the screen then out and was back to the main menu.

Tao hugged his brother. He never thought that the cheerful Baekhyun will die in such a young age. “It's okay.”

“No, Tao. It's not okay.” Sehun sighed and choked on a sob. “He's gone.”

Tao handed the phone back to Sehun. The latter took it and placed it on his jeans' pocket. He closed his eyes for a minute and stood up. “I shall go. Tao, can you bring me to the cemetery tomorrow... or maybe, everyday?”

Tao stared at Sehun. The latter couldn't live without Baekhyun. His life has no direction anymore. Baekhyun had been Sehun's inspiration to live. But he's gone.

“Of course,” Tao said as Sehun nodded. The latter placed his hands on his pockets.

“Thank you,” Sehun whispered and head to his room. He locked the door and slumped on the bed. He didn't bother and take his shoes off. He covered himself with his blanket. He pulled the phone from his pocket and watched Baekhyun's video, followed by other videos, in which the two of them were having fun.

These are his treasures in life.