Seoul, here I come!

--Timeline--

----

"Baekhyun-ah?" 

"Baekhyun!"

Byun Baekhyun, who was reading a comic book in the livingroom in front of an old fan, looked up at his mother's voice. When she came into his view, he lowered his comic book and smiled towards his mother.

"Is something the matter?" He asked, putting down his book.

"Yes. Baekhyun, I think they sent us a wrong mail by accident. Look at this."

As she said it, she handed Baekhyun an evelope that was half teared opened. He took out the letter from inside and read it. "Byun Baek-Hyun. Congratulations. You are accepted to YounghaDae. For more information, please cont-"   That was as far as Baekhyun read when he put down the letter and held his mother's hands. He looked into her eyes, and stared. 

"Mother, I'm sorry. I didn't take the test." Baekhyun spilled out.

"W-what?"

"I know you want me to major in agriculture so I can take over this farm. But, I don't want to. I just did what my heart told me to. Please do forgive me mother, but I'm a young man and I don't want to spend the rest of my life over a farm. Especially not a farm of a dead person."

A loud smack was heard, and Baekhyun's eyes widened in shock. He touched his right cheek where his mother had slapped him. This was the first time she ever slapped him like this, and both of them were shocked. His mother, who seemed to feel guilty, had tears in her eyes as she stared at her son's red and swollen cheek.

"You rude bastard." His mother hissed. "Owning a farm of his own was your father's long dream. When he died even before I gave birth to you, I was determained to ahchieve his dream which he no longer could achieve. And how dare you say that to your father, and to this farm?"

"I'm sorry, mother. But I'll have to go to Seoul."

"....."

A long and awkward silence filled the room. Neither Baekhyun or his mother dared to speak anything else. With a sigh, his mother stood up and walked out of the room, closing the door shut tightly. As soon as she disappeared from his eyesight, Baekhyun started regretting his attitude towards his mother. Had he been too rude? 

He massaged his forehead a little, and turned off the fan annoyingly. What was he going to do now? He had to go to Seoul in order to attend the university he had been accepted into. But... would his mother allow him to do that?

-----

It has been exactly a week since Baekhyun and his mother didn't speak very much to each other. His mother seemed crossed at him for wanting to get away from his country side to Seoul and attend an university there. But it was YounghaDae, South Korea's most famous university!

"Mother...." Baekhyun opened his mouth after a moment of hesitation.

"......."

"Please... may I go to Seoul? To study?"

".......'

"Mother, I got accepted into YounghaDae which is not a very usual thing. I understand your feelings, but please think of the situation in my point of view." He spoke calmly. "And besides... I'm sure father wouldn't want to keep me locked away in a country side just because of his dream."

At Baekhyun's last sentence, his mother stopped what she was doing and turned around to face him. She had a slight smile on her face which was barely noticable, but Baekhyun could definitely see it.

"Very well, then. You may go to Seoul."

Baekhyun beamed widely before running up to his mother and giving her a tight hug.  "I love you, mother." He whispered softly, as he freed their hug. His mother just smiled before handing him an envelope.

"Here, take this."

She patted Baekhyun's back before going into her own bedroom. Curiously, he tore open the envelope to find a big amount of money along with a train ticket to Seoul. Which was dated... tomorrow. He grinned, hugging the envelope to his chest. He was finally going to Seoul!

----

"I'll call you everyday if I can, mother. Please don't be ill." said Baekhyun, hugging his mother.

"Of course. I'm sure you can do well in Seoul. I'll miss you very much."

"Me, too."

They shared a long, tight hug before Baekhyun hopped onto the train that was heading to Seoul. He stared out the window, and waved to his mother who was waving at Baekhyun with tears in her eyes. With a smile, he made a heart shape with his hand just as the train started to move. Not being able to see his mother very often was sad, but Baekhyun was excited about going to Seoul. Afterall, it was his first time ever going to a big city like Seoul.

A few hours later, the train finally came to a stop. People rushed out of the train in a hurry, but Baekhyun took his time and slowly got out as one of the last passengers get off the train. As soon as he got off, he inhaled Seoul's air. It was refreshing and sweet! 

He looked around his surroundings and his mouth dropped in shock. He saw buses, cars, motorbikes and bicycles everywhere. This city was buzzing with people and all kinds of transports! It was nothing like a country-side city he had came from. His new life in Seoul as a YounghaDae was starting.

-----