001

The Disregarded

Suga tried hard to concentrate on memorizing the new lyrics for their new song but with the amount of chattering from the other boys, he didn’t go far. Sighing silently, he looked out of the window and saw a couple linking arms and having a good time just being with each other. His hands instantly reached into his pocket for his phone. Opening the gallery that had not been open for a year, he stopped, double thinking his actions.

Shrugging away the feeling that was bugging his mind, he scrolled down for a specific picture. Once he found the picture, his pupils dilated a bit. He had really changed throughout the year. But what caught his eyes was the lady that was smiling brightly beside him. She had her arms wrapped around him, a cheeky grin plastered on her face. She was so happy back then. The smile that was etched on Suga’s face disappeared when someone snatched the phone away from him rather harshly.

“No using the phone during work Min Yoongi.” Suga heaved a sigh of relief that it was only his manager and not the other members. Without even looking at the screen, the manager locked the phone and stuffed it in his bag.

“Yoongi hyung, are you okay? You look unnaturally pale right now.” V asked without much thought, not noticing the older boy’s discomfort.

Suga just shook his head and continued to look out of the window. The van was getting closer and closer to the venue of their last fan-signing event that was in Jeolla-do. From afar, he could see the crowd that was gathered there to meet them. For a second there, he thought that he had seen her lurking around the building but when he blinked she was gone. Surely though, she wasn’t actually here. Surely she ran out of money from chasing him around. Surely, he thought.

When he got out of the van he erased the thoughts of her and tried his best to smile at the cheering fans.

From the side of the building the girl observed his every move, glancing to another member once in-awhile. A small frown appeared on her face as she saw how friendly he was with his fans.

“How long has it been since he last smiled at me?” She muttered, leaning her head on the stone wall.

When all of the members got into the building, along with the fans, she swiftly entered it and looked around for the venue. She didn’t have to even search; the cheering from the fans were loud enough to direct her to the place. Slightly feeling relieved that she didn’t have to muster up her courage to ask for help from one of the workers in the building, she made her way into the hall packed with screaming girls, aunts and grandmas.

“ it wasn’t this full during that one concert.” She rubbed her forehead, trying to ease the upcoming migraine that had come with the presence of the high temperature in the hall.

She leaned onto the door and contemplated whether to go on with her original plan or whether to go straight to her hotel room and sleep for the whole day. She had not gotten enough sleep because of the overnighter she pulled to watch their performances on the internet. But she strengthened her determination and stood straight. There was only one reason that she was in this part of the country anyways; to show her support for him.

But the fan-sign itself wasn’t really interesting. The only joy she had there was when he smiled and when a specific member showed his interesting personality. She watched the member as he high-fived a fan energetically. As he looked to the side, they met eyes. Naturally, her lips curled into a shy smile as he waved cheerfully. She waved back before someone else caught her attention. She felt a soft yet firm tap on her right shoulder and she turned around.

The manager bowed slightly and asked, “Are you Miss Yoonjung? I was the one who talked to you on the phone.”

Yoonjung bowed and smiled in acknowledgement.

“Regarding tomorrow’s show, I managed to get a ticket for you. Please wait for a second.” He dipped his hand into his sling bag and held out a blue ticket to her.

“You won’t get in trouble for this, right?” She asked in concern, not wanting him to lose his job because of her.

“Well not if you keep this a secret between us.” He said with a slight warning tone. She felt a smirk creep onto her face and she laughed.

“I really hate the fact that I can’t keep a watch on you at all times. It’s dangerous that you can tell Yoongi about me anytime you want.” She said, glancing at his white skin that was becoming whiter by the second.

“By the way Miss Yoonjung, aren’t you going to participate in the event? You came here all the way from Gyeongsang-do.” He asked, trying to find out what’s going on in her mind.

She looked at him from the corner of her eye and murmured, “Observing is the best for me, and I don’t really want to give our Yoongi a heart attack unless of course, you want me to.” She smirked and continued watching the scene in front of her.

The manager’s eyes widen in fright. He felt a dangerous aura coming off of her but he said nothing, afraid of his own life.

Suga looked at the figure that seemed friendly with their manager and his eyes tripled in size. He wasn’t imagining things anymore, it really was her. Their eyes met and she smiled, holding her hand up in acknowledgement. He was about to frown when the fan in front of him asked for his attention. Feeling as if his excitement for the day was drained, Suga felt hesitant whenever he smiled at the fans. He felt her dark aura and when there was no fan in front of him he took the opportunity to glare at her but her eyes were directed somewhere else. Jung Hoseok.  The boy was smiling at her and waving her over while she looked a bit timid and she rejected his offer, a small smile playing on her face.

Suga couldn’t help but scoff at the thought of it.

“What a load of . This girl sure knows how to play her game.” He muttered, ears red from all the anger that he had pent-up inside.

“Hyung, what are you grumbling about like an old grandpa?” V said and laughed, ignoring Suga’s glare.

When the fan-sign event ended, Suga rushed out as he saw that she was the first one out of the door. He searched and searched the building, hoping to confront her but his efforts were to no avail; she was gone. He grabbed his cap and threw it onto the floor out of frustration. She had come to almost all events that were associated with Bangtan Boys and every time she did, he lost her just like that.

“ this!”He shouted, stomping the crumpled cap.

The members who were nearby were shocked at his sudden explosion. They were about to ask him what was wrong when he held up his hand and warned, “Don’t ask me anything if you don’t want me to beat you up.” Jeongkook stepped back in shock and ran to find their manager.

“Manager hyung, Suga hyung just threw a tantrum.” He tugged on the manager’s sleeve but the manager surprisingly ignored him.

J-Hope on one hand was too busy in his own world to even care about the member’s problem. With a hand to his heart, he smiled a genuine smile. The girl that had faithfully come to every fan event they held actually smiled to him today. That girl that had shaken up his heart and caught him off guard with her loyalty, actually smiled to him today. Of course it bothered him that she didn’t even come when he called for her but he wanted to think good of her.

“She has her reasons.”He murmured and nodded to assure himself. Rap Monster spun him around and shook his body.

“What the hell is up with you, my friend? You look like you’re in love.” He chuckled and slung his arm around J-Hope.

“Let’s go home Hope. Suga hyung just got angry for no specific reason.” Rap Monster laughed and dragged him to the van.

 

Yoonjung sighed as she fell on top of the bed, totally drained from running straight to her transportation to get away from him. She wasn’t ready to face him because she knew how angry he was at her.

She looked at her bag and a sudden urge surged through her mind. She craved for something. Emptying the contents onto the hotel bed, she found what she was looking for. The square box was calling for her. Even though she vowed to quit she couldn’t help it. She was just too addicted. She flipped open the top and reached for one stick of the cigarette. With her fist clenched on top of her head, she battled with the urge.

“ this.” She muttered and grabbed a lollipop from the contents on her bed to stop herself from smoking. She frantically unwrapped the purple wrapper and shoved it into . Even though it didn’t do much to her stress it helped her keep her promise with her parents about quitting smoking. Just in case though, just in case she needed it tomorrow, she stashed the square box into her bag.

“Stop it Yoonjung, at the rate you were going you’ll die before you reach 20.” She warned herself slapping her cheeks lightly.

Bangtan’s Satoori Rap suddenly played and Yoonjung immediately reached for her phone and slid her finger on the screen to answer the call.

“Yoonjung-ah, when are you coming home? You’re not hanging out with those troublesome people again are you?” Her grandmother’s voice was heard on the other line.

She laughed and answered. “Aiy grandma, you worry too much. What troublesome people? They ditched me because you went all crazy on them remember?” Yoonjung laughed good-naturedly and continued before her grandmother could protest. “You know it’s true, grandma. Anyways, I won’t be home tonight. I’m seeing Yoongi again tomorrow.”

Her grandmother chuckled in excitement and said, “I’m glad that you’re trying to work it out. I miss seeing you two cling onto each other before you went to the States.”

Yoonjung’s smiled faltered at the mention of the country. She was not ready to talk about any memories related to the States yet.

“I’m sorry grandma, but I really need to go to the toilet right now. I’ll call you again tonight okay?” She giggled and hung up the phone.

Sighing, she ran a hand through her dark hair.

“Tomorrow you won’t run away, Yoonjung. You would face him bravely.” She reminded herself, clenching her fist in determination like a small child.

 

 

Yoonjung looked around the venue and smiled when she found the manager. She bowed to him with respect as he approached her.

“So far, the schedules are looking normal. No fan-signing or anything, just regular performances at music shows.” He said stiffly and scanned the room for any observers.

“You look a tiny bit tense. What’s the problem?” She asked, looking around the room too for any out of the norm activities from the fans or the staffs.

“I think someone knows about us.” He whispered, making sure that nobody besides Yoonjung heard it.

Yoonjung felt her heart beating quicker than usual as she listens to him.

“The boss called me to his office yesterday and he was awfully suspicious. He kept on trying to pry on what I do with the free tickets that I get.”

Yoonjung gulped the saliva that had accumulated in and asked, “What did you answer?”

“I said that I gave them to my cousin who was a big fan of Bangtan. I tried to say the words as natural as possible.” He said.

Yoonjung closed her eyes for quite a long time before opening them again.

“First, let’s not talk to each other for awhile. I might miss a few events but right now, saving your job is more important. Second, don’t worry too much. If you get fired, I’ll get you a job that pays better than this. Get it? Now please find another spot.” She instructed and looked away from him.

He looked at her warily and walked away. She was just so mysterious. He really couldn’t understand where her money was coming from. She was merely a 17 year old. On the first day that he had someone meet her when she just came home from the States, the person was complaining about how she smelled as if she smoked. But for the extra money, he didn’t dare say anything to her. And now she was offering him a job? A girl that has not even graduated from school?  He couldn’t even think positively of the situation. The girl is just proof on how he failed in life.

Yoonjung slid her finger on her phone screen and typed a few words before sending the message to a few numbers.

A reply came fast from one of the numbers, ‘Yes the spot is still unfilled. I’ll keep it open for you for four weeks max okay.’

She smirked in victory and continued scrolling through her phone. The sudden cheering made her look up for awhile but she looked down again when she realized that it was just the members arriving.

Today there were only 3 members and they were there to perform Satoori Rap in particular. Although Yoonjung felt that travelling to somewhere far just to listen to one song was an awful waste, this one was a different story. Besides, the song was her favorite song ever. 2 years ago she had helped Suga with the lyrics for his part of the rap. Although she didn’t expect much the song had garnered a lot of interest from the public and she had received a rather big bonus for helping him. But the meaning of the song itself was what made her love it; not the bonus.

As the introduction started, she kept her eyes on the phone.