teleport

About Us

title. 

pairing. kai/krystall

 

 

 

"Are you ready?" Jongin glanced down at her, an amused looked  on his face. Soojung was frowning, worried probably. This would be the first he would be bringing someone along after all.  She might be wondering whether all of her were going to be in tact once they teleported to the gardens. He had joked that there were times that teleportation had failed him . It was fun to see her distraught once in a while, instead of seeing her snooty.

Soojung shook her head. "How are we going to do this? Do we hold hands?"

"Um," Jongin rubbed the back of his neck, a habit he had formed when he was embarrassed or shy. Soojung peered  into his mind to see what he had in mind. But she could only hear his nervousness. "We, um, I was thinking since this would be my first time teleporting a real human, and I don't want to lose you like the other objects you heard about... So I was thinking that I, if you want, we could..."

Soojung felt her cheeks burn. She bit her lip and nodded. "Then, we'll hold each other." She held her arms out.

"Okay, then." Jongin stepped forward, his body engulfing her in a few moments. His right hand supported her head while the other wrapped around her shoulder. She pressed her body into his, holding him tight. "Ready when you are."

Calming her nerves, Soojung closed her eyes and thought of the safest place she knew.

There was distortion in her head, like a sudden TV static and then there was quietness, like she could hear the waves in her ears.

"Why are we here?" Jongin muttered to himself. Soojung released herself from him and glanced around. The smell of salt hit her nose surprisingly and seeing the ocean shocked her more. Moreover, this beach was where their summer house used to be when she was a child.  

"How do you know this place?" She asked accusingly.

Shrugging, Jongin squatted in his place and tried to regain his balance. He was dizzy--he'd never transported two people at once, himself included, to a place he didn't know. "I don't."

"Then, why did you bring me to this place?"

"Me? I saw this beach in my head and I heard someone say your name." The pounding inside his head wasn't getting any better. "This is probably your doing."

Soojung glared at him in turn, heading away from the sea hurriedly. She seemed to have grown smaller in the distance. "Hurry up and take me back."

"Shut up! Do you think that's so easy to do? Every time you're inside my head, I feel like my mind's about to burst." 

"What am I supposed to do then! I didn't ask for this!" She screamed, storming off into the distance. Jongin knew then that he messed up. He felt guilty for frustrating her after what he had witnessed when she projected her memories into him earlier. He had seen the yellow house by this beach full of smiles, heard the laughter echoing everywhere and felt the love that was once here. The memory passed him briefly but it led them here in this place.

Jongin was drained and didn't have the energy to deal with her. The sooner he gets some rest, the sooner they can get out of here. He laid on the sand, covering his eyes from the strong glint of the sun. It didn't take him much time until his lids closed and he was drifting fast asleep.

Jongin drifted from dreamland and reality and heard Soojung's quiet voice on his side.

"I'm sorry for shouting at you. I just... I don't know. It's been a while since I've been here." Soojung glanced at Jongin's sleeping profile and was relieved she hadn't rouse him up. From the frown on his brows, she was sure the sun was bothering him so she held a hand out, hovering over his eyes. "When I was a kid, my family used to go here every summer. They were happy days for me--simple, quiet and safe. That changed, of course. I'm sure you already know why."

 "I've always wanted to go back but I didn't know how..."

When Jongin stirred from his nap, he found a hand on the side of his face and Soojung snoring on his side, half her face covered in sand. He was bleary-eyed from the dunes creeping on his face and wondered about the time. It didn't matter--it was time to go home anyway.

Gathering Soojung in his arms, he watched the sunset for a moment, thinking about Soojung's memories of this place before vanishing.

 

 

note. this account tells soojung and jongin's relationship in the superhero fic ive been working on for ages. for references, please refer to this and that.