FLASH FLOOD

Flash flood

     Hi guys!! I guess it's been SO SO SO SO SO LOOOOOOONG since i update my stories. I just wanna say sorry. I'm pretty busy months ago and I didn't had the chance to update any of my stories. I make this oneshot since I've never make a oneshot before. This is my first and I'm so sorry if this story isn't interesting enough. *bow 90 degrees*              

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~                     

                    It's been five years since the death of JR surround the classic looking school. Although it was five years ago, the story of the death can still be heard freshly from the student's mouth like it happened yesterday. It IS a popular gossip for the male and female population since their school had never been through that phase where the students died or missing. Jaeho can smell the boring scent of his classroom as soon as he step on the hallway. He sighs and slammed his locker shut with a loud bang. The loud bang echo the hallway as no students can be found nearby. It clearly shows that Jaeho is really late for school that day. He quickened his steps but not until he is running nor jogging. Just long and fast strides.

 

                Students in the class raised up their heads for a second to look at Jaeho and hang back their heads low not minding about Jaeho's presence. You can clearly see that that school didn't even have that happy aura surrounding them. It's all dim, silence, grim and moody. It's not a good enviroment for the students to study but unfortunately, they are used to it. The teacher sit down on her seat and doing her own works. So does the students. It is amazing to see that the students didn't even make a single noise when the teacher isn't teaching but for Jaeho, it's normal. He looks at his classmates that sit quitely at their own seats. Some of them are sleeping while the others do their own work such as reading and studying. It looks like a nerd class, but trust me, it's not. Actually, it's the most bottom class in the block.

 

                   Jaeho who sit beside the window boringly look out the window and stare at the grey sky. It's going to rain for sure. The sky turned darker and darker until the sound of thunder can be heard. Lightning flash like there is no tomorrow. The dim classroom lights up every time the lightning strikes. It's been three days since the rain pour heavily on the earth. It sends chills to Jaeho when every time the rain started to pour, he instantly thought of JR death. He glanced at his desk mate, Min Jun who is staring into space. He has this big urge to ask Min Jun about JR's death so he turned to his left and nudged Min Jun. At first, it was a fail try but the second time, he receive a groan and an annoyed glare from Min Jun.

"WHAT?" Min Jun ask with a slightly angry tone in his voice.

"Do you know how JR died?" Jaeho answer Min Jun's question with a question.

                      Jaeho swear he saw Min Jun's face darkened for a second just now. He wait Min Jun to answer but he only receive a sigh. Min Jun shake his head and continue to stare into space.

"No. I didn't." He said barely for Jaeho to hear.

                         Jaeho stare Min Jun's face and it shows there's a lot of secret in his eyes. Jaeho know that Min Jun lied to him. He sighed and nudges Min Jun again.

"I know you lied to me. It shows all over your face." Jaeho said.     

Min Jun's body tense and he glance at his desk mate. He can't always lie to him. Jaeho knows if he lied or not. They are best friends since child! Jaeho look at Min Jun who stares into the space again. He looks like having a lot of dilemma. His face shows he is battling against his inner voice and brain. Min Jun sigh and turn to his desk mate.

"Are you sure you want to hear this because it was kind of tragedic." Min Jun ask with a concern voice.

"Yes." Jaeho said with determination and excitement.

"Meet me at the rooftop after brunch." Min Jun said making Jaeho sighed in disapointment.

"WHY??? I wanna hear it now!!" Jaeho wails like a little baby.

"There are people here remember?" Min Jun rolled his eyes when he looks at Jaeho who just realize about that.

"Fine." He said.

                                                                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                          Jaeho quicken his steps as the sight of the stairs just meters away from him. He is so excited for Min Jun to tell him the story. He creep a smile when he sees Min Jun is already waiting for him. He sits beside Min Jun who is staring up the sky. Min Jun sighs.

"It all started five years ago at the summer. JR was having a great vacation with his family......

 

*FLASHBACK*

                 JR smiled at the sight of the beach ball, luggage and other things were stuffed in the car. He helped his father to organize them all with an excited heart. His father said that they'll go to a private island that only few people enter there. He instantly hopped in the car and they all drove off to the private island with his parents and his little sister. 

“What island we’re going to visit?” JR’s little sister asked.

“It’s an island named Naomi.” His dad said.

“Never heard of it, dad.” He said and watched the scenery outside.

“Because it’s a private, that’s why you never heard of it.” His dad answered.

“I got a vacation holiday and one of my friend suggest me this island.” He continued.

                Soon, they arrive at the island with a private boat drove by dad. They were so awed by the very beautiful scenery of the island. Soft white sand, blue sea water, palm trees and all that rainbows and unicorns things that you can found in a private island like Naomi.

“Paradise.” The only word he can describe that place.

*It’s dangerous here. Go back home!* he suddenly heard someone whisper to him.

“JR! Help dad pick up those bags!” he heard his sister called him.

                They enjoyed the night gathering around a bonfire. JR took out his guitar and played a song. “Let me tell you guys a story. A story about this island.”

“This island is actually a mystic island. Nobody would dare to come here.”

JR instantly stopped plucking his guitar and stare at his dad with curious eyes.

“Long time ago, this island is well known for its meaty fishes. Many fishermen came here and catch some fishes. But one day, there’s a fisherman, a very greedy one, he decided to put net around the island to catch all the fishes. He waits and waits and waits but no fishes came in sight. He grew mad and trashed the whole island. The son of the island’s guardian came out to play that day. The fisherman saw him and decided to take him home. The island’s guardian knew about it a couple of minutes later and he instantly get very angry and worried. The sea started to turn wild. Lightning strikes everywhere. The trees were blown away with a wild tornado. The fisherman and the guardian’s child lost in the sea. The island was flooded for thousands of years. Villagers said that they found a little boy at the sea shore but nobody knew who’s his parent are. So a family took and adopted him. The island was cursed to becoming the most beautiful paradise in the world but nobody dare to came here since when they heard when some fishermen came, they didn’t came back. It’s either they were badly accident at the sea or being flooded in the island.” His father stopped and look at the gaped JR. JR’s eyes look so terrified by the story.

“Well, no need to be scared. It’s just a myth.” His dad said.

“We should all get to sleep. Tomorrow we’ll do some fun activities.” He ordered and they all get to their tent and sleep.

               JR can’t sleep that night. The story kept wandering in his mind. Suddenly, he heard whispers in his head.

“JR, you should go away from this island. It’s dangerous.” He heard it again and again. He seems like familiar with the voice.

*Min Jun.* he thought. *But why would he say that? And what was he doing in my head?* he thought again and try to sleep.

But he can’t! The voice kept whisper in his mind. He instantly went out from his tent and went to his dad’s tent.

“Appa, I think we should go home.” He said but no response was heard. He went in the tent and shook his dad trying to wake him up.

                 JR’s face turned pale and his breathing increase. His eyes were as round as a ping pong ball. His dad was covered with blood! His mom too! He instantly went out from the tent and get to his little sister. She was killed too! He fell down to the sand not believing what he saw. He suddenly heard footsteps coming to him. He looked at the direction and his eyes widened when he saw dark shadows started to get to him. A sudden strike from a lightning make him flinched. He stood up and ran away. Lightning started to flash nonstop. He heard thunder everywhere. A sudden gush of strong wind make him flew meters away. His head land on the not so soft sand.  He saw the palm trees were blown by the wind and the sea water started to rise. The dark shadows surround him and he didn’t know what happened next.

                                               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“The island soon flooded again for a day. A couple of week later, police came and investigate about their sudden lost. There were no sign of them. The weird thing is, they all were never heard about an island called Naomi.” Min Jun said.

Jaeho gaped at the story. His eyes widened and only a ‘wow’ was spoken from his mouth.

“H..H..How did you know?” Jaeho ask slightly stuttered and stared at Min Jun but he only received an unreadable smile from Min Jun.

“Min Jun-ah! How did you know? Nobody knew about that except for…” Jaeho stopped his words.

“Min Jun-ah… don’t tell me you are the..” and Jaeho receive and weird smile from Min Jun.