Final

Last Wish

Since he was a kid, he loves to make a wish.

 

Anything.

 

Anywhere.

 

For anyone… that he loves.

 

 

Yes, he’s a kindhearted kid who had big doe foxy eyes with cute bunny smile. Unfortunately, he was unwanted child. He doesn’t know who’s his parents and where they are and why he got left in front of the church in the middle of night at the first day in January. He just born with all of the blood at his flawless skin and his parents who no heart put him away from them.

When he’s seven, he start to understand everything, why he had this kind of painful fate yet it doesn’t made him sad. He always be positive and that’s the reason why he always smile to everyone. He believe it that must be something behind his destiny and he would wait the happy ending for his life. So, he never once hate his parents, he would prayed for them, their goodness, and hope someday they would come to see him. Even from a far, it’s okay. As long as they’re happy in their own life.

January 1st is his big day and he would spend it by praying all day long and make the wishes for everyone that he loves, wish for their happiness. People around him likes his kindness and Sungmin never asked for return. He’s pure and innocent. Always give anything that he could unconditionally.

Until… the day that he got his bad luck, yet he called it a little gift from God to him. Sungmin got cancer. It’s really beyond everyone expectation and they’re sad for him. But still, he smiles to them and acted strong like always.

If you got yourself into a big problem, you must prayed for yourself, right? You will make a wish for your own to settle your problem, but it’s not for Sungmin. He still being the kindhearted boy, he pray and make many wish for anyone that he met at hospital. Because he knew that his life is gonna end soon. And he won’t waste his time without make a wish for them.

His kindness and lovely smile get famous among the patient and the worker at that hospital. And one of young doctor who just get transferred to that hospital get curious with this Angel. Yeah, everyone called him the real Angel that send by God to share happiness with them and support them sincerely.

One day, he bumped to this Angel and get lost in time. The beautiful face, big doe foxy eyes and his cute bunny smile really mesmerized him.

“Sorry, Doc. My mistake” he bowed while showing his bunny smile then turn around.

“Wait!” the young doctor called him when he snap from hi trance.

“Ne?” still smiling, Sungmin face the young handsome doctor.

“You’re that Angel, right?” he asked straight to the point, which made the person who standing in front of him blushing.

“I’m human, just like you Doc and my name is Sungmin” the taller doctor smile nervously when Sungmin streched out his hand for a handshake.

The handsome doctor welcome his hand and said, “Ah, I’m Cho Kyuhyun. I just transferred a week ago and I heard about you from everyone. You really that famous, hah?” Sungmin only giggles at the antic of the new doctor. But he happy when everyone is happy.

 

~MVM~

 

Since that encounter, Kyuhyun really got curious with this cute patient. He start to asked his sunbae about Sungmin and his medical history.

“Why he didn’t do the chemotherapy?” asked Kyuhyun one day with the doctor who take care of Sungmin.

“Kyuhyun-ah~ why are you so care about him? Are you fall for his charm just like everyone here?” the younger doctor sighed at his sunbae.

“Jungsoo Hyung, seriously! We’re doctor, it’s our responsibility to safe people as many as we could! But what did you do with him? He should get better if he do the chemo!”

Sure, Jungsoo also have the same thought as his hoobae. Kyuhyun is one of his favorite hoobae, that’s why he get him there to help him safe more people with his skill. But Sungmin is a different case. He already hard to convince him to do the chemo and don’t think about the payment, because he promise him that he will settled it. He had a lover who work at government and he also want to help Sungmin. So, he would get free charge. Still, the cute bunny boy don’t want it.

 

~MVM~

 

Give up is something that won’t appear in his camus of life. And he prove it by visited Sungmin in his free time to convince him. For Sungmin, the new doctor really stubborn and seems like will stop when he agree with him.

“Doctor Cho, may I ask you?” said Sungmin at one of night when Kyuhyun come to his room.

“Sure! What is it, Ming?” the cute Bunny Angel smile to his nickname. He’s the only one who called him Ming while everyone likes to called him Angel, Minnie or Bunny.

“What is your wish?”

 

Wish?

 

Kyuhyun tilted his head while biting his lips.

“If I told you, would you granted my wish, Angel Ming?”

Sungmin grin ear to ear while nodding. Although he can’t granted it, at least he would sent those wish to his God who loves him.

“I wish you do the chemo and be health again” the taller doctor put his right palm to Sungmin’s cheek.

 

DUG!

 

DUG1 DUG! DUG! DUG! DUG!

 

His heart stopping for a moment before beating faster than before.

It’s the first time he had a wish for him.

And it comes from the person which had to be his first crush.

Cho Kyuhyun, the new transferred doctor who bumped to him that noon already stole his heart. Everytime he came to visit, his heart jump in happiness. And he never wish to get more than what he already had by having this doctor attention to him. It’s enough for him. Because his ending really will get the happy ending.

“You’re the light in here and they could smile that bright because you are smiling to them. Can you imagine what will happen if you’re not here anymore, Ming? They’ll sad and maybe there’s no more smile. Please… let us to safe you. So you can save more with your happy virus, ne?” they’re looking each other and Kyuhyun’s hand still on his cheek.

“Will you be the one who save me?” there’s nothing to say, because Kyuhyun pull him into his arm with a big smile on his face.

Finaly…

 

~MVM~

 

All of doctor at that room staring at Kyuhyun with many expression.  What did he told them really a big news for them. And moreover, Jungsoo, his sunbae. It’s been his effort to make his patient to do the chemo but he always failed. Thanks to Kyuhyun, now he could do his job to save his patient.

“But can you let me help you instead, Hyung? It’s the deal between me and Ming” whisper Kyuhyun to him while the other doctor discussing about their plan for Sungmin.

“Yeah, that would be great. Indeed, you’re my favorite hoobae~” praise Jungsoo with his angelic dimple smile.

 

~MVM~

 

Is he really fall in love with him?

Why his heart always beating madly everytime his first crush smile to him? It’s only smile and Kyuhyun always smile to everyone. Just like what he did too. So… why?

Sungmin too afraid to conclude everything.

It’s new for him and in his case, it’s something that impossible to happen. How could a kindhearted doctor like him would fall in love with a sick boy?

“Hey Ming~ ready to go?” greet Kyuhyun at his usual schedule to do the chemo.

“Ne~” he smile wide.

Maybe it’s impossible to own Kyuhyun, but he still could keep his love in his heart, right?

 

~MVM~

 

Day by day, he show the upgrade from his latest condition.

Jungsoo and Kyuhyun really happy to see that miracle. Sungmin must be an Angel, that’s why God loves him and let him shower everyone with his happiness.

Inside his room, he’s busy to make a little surprise for his savior, Doctor Cho. Because usually he would come to visit his room at this hour. But he prefer to visit his doctor as his thanks. The basket full of his favorite bread, pumpkin bread with the pink ribbon to make it cute.

With his bunny smile, he walk in the coridor towards Kyuhyun’s room.

His heart beating faster as his step getting closer to his destination.

He inhale for a moment before knock the door.

“Damn! I forgot if you’re married man now. So, you will get home after cheking up Sungminie?”

“Yes Hyung. I already promise her that I will have dinner with her tonight”

His world suddenly got crush in second.

His head feel heavy and the present on his hand fall to the ground just before he fainted.

Kyuhyun and Jungsoo who heard thud noise outside the room, get startled then check it out.

“Ming? Hey! Can you hear me?” Kyuhyun is the first one who take him to his arms while Jungsoo check his condition.

 

~MVM~

 

 

 

“Hyung, do you believe in miracle?” asked a little kid who had lung cancer. He just like him, unwanted kid who got sick.  

“Yes, I do. As long as love is in your heart, the miracle will happen to you. Even for once in your life time” sang Sungmin with his bunny smile.

“So, do you have love in your heart?” he asked again with full of curiousity.

His smile getting bright and accidentally he caught the shadow of his crush that have been busy at that morning with his patient.

“Everyone has love in their heart. So many love that you could share to everybody. To make the miracle happen, you need to share the love from your heart~”

“Like what Bunny Hyung did to us?” Sungmin nodded his head while ruffled his curly hair, just like his crush’s hair.

“Yeap, you’re got the point, Changmin-ah~”

 

 

 

Miracle did happen once to him because the love that he had been share with everyone. But miracle didn’t happen always. That’s what happen to him now.

 

~MVM~

 

The beep sound from the machine is the sign that the person who lay down at there still alive.

The doctor come and go to check him and pray that he would wake up soon and smile to them brightly, just like what he used to. Spread his happy virus to them all. Being their Angel and hope. Granted their wish and support him to get well soon.

“Kyuhyun-ah, you should back. I’ll be here to replace you” said Jungsoo to his hoobae who always be there beside Sungmin since the day he collapse in front of his room. He only left the room for his duty and back soon to acompany him.

“No, Hyung. I want to see him when he’s up and scold him because he made me worried” his voice is trembling and from the corner of his eyes, the tears poke to come out but he hold it.

“Haaaah~ but you have wife and she needs you”

“She will be okay. I already text her” said the younger doctor without took any glance to his sunbae.

Jungsoo left him after get ignored. It’s Kyuhyun’s personality and he doesn’t want to make scene.

 

~MVM~

 

13 days he’s still unconsious. 13 days he’s still praying for a miracle. And for 13 days, a wife feel like neglected by her husband.

A beautiful lady with her big bump on her tummy open the door of ICU room. She yelled at the taller guy who looks mess. He didn’t shave and he had dark circle like a panda on his eyes. Her heart is in pain. She understand if her husband is loyal to his work, but ths is too much. She’s pregnant and she needs attention too.

Her tears fall down when Kyuhyun coldly told her to back home to rest.

 

 

“Why you did this to me, Kyuhyun-ah? I’m your wife and I have your child in here! Can you be more sensitive? We need you too~!”

“Vic, please control your emotion… it’s not good for our kid”

This voice?

Doctor Cho?

“If you know that it could had impact to your child, then why you still be here? When you will come home? Are this person so important to you than us? Look at me Cho Kyuhyun!”

A female?

Child?

Is she his wife?

 

 

Sungmin’s heart twich in pain. He’s not only a married man, but soon to be a young dad. How lucky her? But… why he’s here? Why she’s mad at him?

His mind calculated everything that happen. His ears still could caught the cold argument from the couple in the room. Weakly, he open his eyes and saw Kyuhyun’s back with his hand holding his. For a moment he smile. Those warm hand holding his. Then he tucked him and it’s startled Kyuhyun with full of joy.

“Ming? You’re awake? What do you feel now?” shoot Kyuhyun in hurry.

Again, his heart feel pain. His crush look like a mess. He’s not handsome like everyday. He looks old and scary.

“…Kyu~” whisper Sungmin weakly.

The taller guy bend over to let him talk, because he can’t hear clearly.

At that moment, Sungmin could saw a beautiful lady with a big tummy standing over there. Her eyes wet yet she didn’t talk or mad at him. Maybe she’s an Angel too.

“Tell me, what do you feel?” Kyuhyun’s voice broke his chain of thought.

And he start to whisper something to him.

The young doctor silently cry while continue to listen to what his patient told him.

 

~MVM~

 

A week later Kyuhyun acompany the Angel Ming to his old home, the church. It’s been five years since he left and stayed in hospital because he’s sick.

It was the same. No much different. The place which save him from the coldness of live, 28 years ago. He told the taller guy about his past memories at his home. When the two approach one of the bench which closer to the foundtain, Kyuhyun help him to sat there.

“Thank you Doctor Cho” sang Sungmin before he continue his story again.

 

 

Hours later.

 

 

Kyuhyun still listen to him and let the person who lean to him while his heart keep aching at those memories of Sungmin.

How pure his heart is?

How could he still manage to keep smilling like that while inside him was broken?

Being unwanted yet he never blame his parents.

How lucky himself to have a perfect family who loves him? And now he will have his own family too.

“Doctor Cho~” called Sungmin with his weak voice.

“Hmm~” hummed Kyuhyun who stare at the sky, because he’s holding his tears.

“Kyu... Can you grant my wish? My last wish?” he look down with a tears that fall from the corner of his eyes.

In hurry, he wiped it and smile, “Oh, sorry. Something come to my eyes. Tell me Ming~ you can make many wish as much as you want~” he showing his bunny smile to his doctor who tried to pretend that he’s not cry.

“I don’t want many. I just have one wish and I hope it can be true”

“Yeah, okay… what is that Ming?”

 

Sungmin put his hand to the doctor’s right ear and whispered his wish to him. It’s gonna be his first and last wish for himself. So, he doesn’t want everyone listen to it. Because that’s what the Father told him when he was child if he wants his wish come true.

 

~MVM~

 

7 years later…

 

The cute boy with his big doe eyes smiling to his Umma who waved her hand with the handsome boy who smirking towards him.

“Appa! Look at Changminie Hyung! He just smirking at me!” grumble the cute boy with his pink scarf wrapped his left wrist.

“YA! CHO SUNGMIN! WHAT DID YOU SAY?” as soon as his Appa turn around, the older boy already chasing the cute boy.

“UMMA~ CHANGMIN HYUNG IS BAD! HE CHASING SUNGMINIE!” shout the younger boy.

Their parents only smile to their cuteness.

“Why Changminie chasing Sungminie, Vic? You must be know the reason?” asked the handsome Appa to the beautiful Umma.

“Oh.. it’s because our Sungminie eat his pumpkin bread. You know how much Changminie loves bread” sang his wife while smiling towards two little angle.

“I know, because the two them loves bread and…” the taller guy titled his head to his wife.

“… pink” continue the beautiful lady.

“LET IT GO!! IT’S MY SCARF HYUNG!!”

“NOPE! I WON’T LET IT GO UNTIL YOU GIVING ME BACK MY PINK PENCIL CASE!” shout the older while smirking at his younger brother who shorter than him.

 

Their parents laugh at them happily.

 

Ming~ your wish granted.

Thank you.

 

“Kyuhyun-ah? Why are you looking at the sky? Let’s go inside, time to lunch!” chirped his wife.

“Yeah, I’m coming~ Vic”

 

~MVM~

 

“Doctor Cho, can I told you what my wish right now?”

“Sure, Ming. But can I check your condition first? You just awake~”

“Jebal~ I wish you could have a beautiful family with that beautiful Angel. Spend your day with happiness and joyful”

“Ming~”

“I wish, you will have a kindheart child who loves you and your beautiful wife. Make you proud and make you smile everyday”

“…”

“Doctor Cho, I wish you will be loved by your family and never feel alone. I wish…”

“…”

“I wish you will never make her cry again, I wish you will love your wife, take care of her, and never let her alone”

Kyuhyun tears fall down and when thought that all the wish talk is end, he saw Sungmin close his eyes and clasped his hand.

“God, please grant my wish~”

 

~MVM~

 

“My last wish is to live longer…”

“What do you mean Ming?”

“Don’t cut me off Doc! I’m not finish yet~”

“Ah, sorry…”

“Haaaaah… you know I have a good lung, right?”

“Yeah, your lung is okay. That’s why you can talk about your wish for everyone everyday in every single room at hospital”

Sungmin smile to his answer.

“Then can you granted my last wish?”

“Eung? So, your last wish is only to ask me about your healthy lung?”

“No, I wish I could live longer with my lung in Changminie’s. He believes miracle like me and Doctor Park said that my lung is positive match for him. Would you grant my last wish?”

His tears now can’t be hold no more.

“Cho Kyuhyun!  Answer me!” suddenly Sungmin talk informal to him. Sure, he could called this young doctor by name. Actually he’s older by two years. Thanks to his baby face, he looks younger than this young doctor Cho.

“Ming~”

“I want to live longer and I want to continue to make everyone happy with my smile”

 

~MVM~

 

Epilogue

 

After back from the church, Sungmin’s state getting worst.

He only manage to survive for one night and at that night the miracle happen to Changmin. The little 6 years old kid who always be friend with Sungmin since he came to the hospital. Because they share the same memories as the unwanted kid. But just like Sungmin, Changmin never blame his parents and being cheerful like what his Hyung always did.

Two month later, Victoria, Kyuhyun’s wife's gave birth. Their child is a cute boy and named him Cho Sungmin. The name of the Angel who save his marriage and little family.

Kyuhyun’s little family be more happy when they got the lisence to adopted Changmin. Eventhought Sungmin never said this wish, but it’s Kyuhyun’s wish to get the happy virus from Sungmin and since his cute bunny Ming inside the little Angel, breathing happily. That’s why.

 

“Appa, when we will visit Bunny Hyung?” asked Changmin when they enjoy their lunch together.

Kyuhyun smile to his older son.

“At the first night of January, we’ll go there” sang the doctor.

“Umma, who’s Bunny Hyung? Why Changminie Hyung always talk about Bunny Hyung?” their maknae Cho Sungmin showing his big doe eyes to his Umma.

“Bunny Hyung is the Angel who save your Changminie Hyung, Sungmin-ah~” Kyuhyun got touch by his wife answer.

Maybe Sungmin’s right. Victoria is an Angel.

 

Ming… thank you for your wishes and your last wish. 

 

~MVM~

FIN