Romeo and Juliet

Romeo and Juliet

They knew each other since they were young. The next door neighboors. Their lives since day one were all revolving around each other.

"When I grow up I'll protect you, I will make you my bride."

"I want to grow up with you and be your bride."

The years passed and their innocent cuteness was brought face to face with the horrible injustice that is reality. Reality that told them that their feeling were weird, unatural and that they were too old to hold hands and say "I love you" to each other. They found out that the world had strict labels called "Men" and "Women". 

Their elementary school years taught them even more about the word "Love". Don't do this, don't say that. A man can't love a man. They came to understand that society didn't approve of their love, but none the less, they still loved each other.

In High school years, they learned to hide it from the world, but it wasn't always easy. Their parents knew of their relationship, yet the most of the time they choose to ignore it. After they caught them exchanging a gentle, innocent kiss, which to them seemed barbaric and grossening, one mother choose to abandon her own son and the other choose to cry her eyes out and distance herself from her "impure" child. Yet the fathers choose a different approach. The moment they thought they heard them say each others name, they would beat them. They tried to literaly beat sense into them, or beat the demon out of them. Not that it made any difference, since they would always come to school with bandages and bruises.

But every time they would see each other, they would go somewhere private, hold hands, kiss each other for comfort and exchange loving gazes full of compassion, understanding and...well... sadness. One of the boys especially hated that he couldn't help the other, so he came up with an idea to elope. They both knew it was not realistic, but leaving only for a day was good enough for them. Even one day of forgetting everything and just being the two of them was good enough.

The sun came up, their bags were packed and they both went for a trip. They took a train to the next city, went sightseeing, ate together, laughed together, held hands on the open. They took a room in a motel where they for the first time embraced each other. It may not be the correct way, it was definetly clumsy and inexperienced but the love was there.

The morning sun came and they both knew that their short, but sweet day has come to an end. They both went home hand in hand, said their Love you's and parted their ways back home.

Tomorrow the blond boy came to school all in bruises, but the other didn't. Even the next day and the next. The boy trembled in fear and was breaking inside not knowing what happened, only wishing that his lover is safe and sound.

The next day the boy came in the classroom, quieter and sadder than ever with the bruises black and blue on his face, arm in a cast and sat next to his lover. The other boy from shock silently cried, thinking that maybe it's for the best to just end it between the two.

The black and blue boy, like he knew, under the desk took a slender boys hand in his own and silently said "I will protect you, I cherish you and I love you. Soon, we will make our own happiness."

The tears on a blond boy silently came down and revealed a beautiful smile.