A new start

Remember our red string promise

* Yay first chapter~! More of a introduction, along with setting the whole story! It's kind of short, but I hope it all makes sense! Kevin will make an appearance soon *^* *

I always had a desire to go back to South Korea, to study in university after all this was over, I was able to apply for student funding in the England so I had the funding, my grandpa also offered to help me, I also could be near my grandpa again, I could only see him every summer if my mum allowed me to take the plane alone, it wasn't til I was a little older in high school when she let me go alone.

As I hold my finance letters and acceptance letters, I let out a sigh of relief. I knew I could be happy over there.

/Flashback/

"Your mum asked to look after you, you'll be moving to England with her" he said, I sense the sadness in his tone when he spoke to me, sitting me down at the table for a serious conversation only when I was young. Throughout my childhood, I had been raised up by my grandpa who lived alone, who was also a hard working man and did everything around the house, it didn't seem like he had time for anything.

Next thing I knew I was on a plane and crying while my mum ignored me, out of the years she could have looked after me she decided to now? I don't recall a single memory with her, only me and grandpa.

/End/

Why was I so happy to be leaving? Well, grandpa was normally the one who also sent over money so mum would be able to look after me, even though she already claims something from the government, she would although leave money so I could look after myself, I had to quickly become independent. Only at a young age, it was always just me and the phonecalls from grandpa giving me small encouragements and thoughts on life.

Although I remember the times mum forbidded me to apply for a university in Korea, I went against her wishes, its not like she was here, looking after me, my tutor had help me through all the necessary procedures so I could study over there, I even spent longer at school to study and get the required grades, well little longer? I was always mostly at school so I could avoid being at home. The family I really had really was just grandpa, I never really got along with anyone at school expect for that one person who would talk to me. We had some of the same classes, but it didn't feel like we were friends, it just felt like I was convient to her because I was a hardworker and we would usually pair up, she does pull her weight though when we pair together, so I couldn't complain about that.

As I packed up a few of the things that I needed, I closed the suitcase, my flight was actually tonight. Mum wasn't home either, I wrote a simple note and left it on the table 'I'm studying in Korea'.I didn't think there needed to be an explanation, after all these years she never explained anything to me. It had already been a few days since I saw her, I never knew what she did to be honest, but I didn't feel like caring right now. Its time for me to be myself and be free to do my own things.

As I called for a taxi, taking my suitcase out with me, double checking I had my flight ticket and passport. It was time to say goodbye to this city, hopefully forever.

 

Reaching the airport and paying the taxi driver, I made my way to check in my luggage, after going through security, and getting my hand luggage scanned, I made my way to the boarding gate, there was still a little time left so I didn't rush.

With me I actually had my mp3, it was actually filled with Super Junior songs, I remember hearing them on the streets when my grandpa took me out when I was back to visit him, shops were playing some of their songs, I asked one of the ladies at the store what the song was and it was 'Don't Don' it had a tune that I really liked, only now do I understand the lyrics a little better.

(Its a world about money)

It felt like it was always about money to my mum.

As I hear looked around the plane was boarding, as I started to see people line up, I decided to do the same waiting to get on the plane. It was a direct flight, I had spent most of the time sleeping hoping that time would go a little quicker.

 

When I woke up, they were still some hours, looks like I only napped for a little bit but it was also time for food, afterwards trying to fall asleep again.

 

When we had finally got there, it was the normal getting off the plane, going through passport control then finally being able to get my luggage, grandpa knew that I was coming back, so he offered to drive me the place I'll been able to rent out before the start of university starts. It wasn't super close to the university, but it was close to my grandpas so I would be able to visit after taking a bus ride, I'll need to take a bus ride to get to the university though, but that would be OK, I literally lived in the middle of where I wanted to be, so I'll just have to wake up a little bit earlier.

"Grandpa!" I shouted when I saw him, he gave me a wave while I was walking over to him and hugged him, it's been a long time but I was finally feeling happy again.

"Does mum know?" he questioned me while letting go and taking my suitcase, I shook my head at him, but he didn't say anything, I think he understood. As we walked out to the carpark, I helped him get my suitcase into the car, I didn't want him to do everything like he normally did.

When we were in the car he threw me an album he had brought me, it was Super Junior's - Sorry Sorry, I smiled like an idiot, I never brought albums back in England, as I said thank you, the track was then playing on the radio as he said "It's this one."

Already after one listen it was in my head, the voice I could always tell apart was Ryeowook's, I guess you could say he was my bias. This would be the first thing I would listen to again, I was excited to transfer the music onto my mp3. Also being able to catch up with grandpa was awesome again. As it was a little late he helped me with my suitcase to my place and told me to be safe, as tomorrow I wanted to check out where everything was so I wouldn't be lost along with the way to the university then the next day I wanted to visit grandpa.

Luckily the place already had furniture in it, so I quickly did the bed covers, cleaned myself up and fell onto the bed to get some sleep.

Tomorrow was going to be a new start to my life.