001

Mates

“Myungsoo Hurry or we’ll be late for School!”Jonghyun calls out and the brother came crashing down the stairs. “Are you alright?” Jonghyun asked as the younger stood and grinned at him.

“Of course hyung, I’m part cat, I have 9 lives.” The younger replied and Jonghyun rolled his eyes.

“I’m not even sure why you have to be a cat when I’m part dog, damn out gene pool.”Jonghyun cursed a while making his brother wrap an arm around him. “You are not supposed to be affectionate with the enemy.” Jonghyun uttered but Myungsoo snuggled closer.

“Yah your ears!” Jonghyun reprimanded and Myungsoo concentrated on hiding the fluffy ears. “Let’s go.” The older said and off they went to school.

High school was actually scary for the Myungsoo who had enjoyed the comfort of middle school. ‘hyung these people are scary.” Myungsoo uttered as he walked along the corridors with his brother.

“Relax, it’s okay, there are people like us here.” Jonghyun said and Myungsoo smiled at that, garnering squeals from girls a few steps from them.

“Oh my gosh, look at the handsome guy next to Jonghyun! Oh my gosh are they related? They are both gorgeous.” They heard and Myungsoo looked at them curiously.

“Eh?”He asked and then smeeled a scent he’s so familiar with. It’s a smell that he just couldn’t resist even if he tried. Myungsoo then ran towards the scent, with Jonghyun in tow.

“Hey Myung! Wait argh!” Jonghyun shouted as Myungsoo pulled him while running, evading a few students in his path.

Myungsoo then stopped in front of a locker and sniffed the person who was taking out a few books from his locker.

“Stop sniffing him Myungsoo, that’s inappropriate!”Jonghyun uttered and the boy being sniffed turned to greet them.

“Oh Hi Jonghyun!”The boy smiled, his eyes disappearing into slits and his cheeks tainted with a faint pink.

“Sunggyu hyung!”Jonghyun greeted, a smile plastered on his face.

“Uhm, who’s your friend? And Why is he sniffing me?”Sunggyu asked and Jonghyun was wide eyed as he grabbed the younger brother and pulled him away from the elder.

“Sorry hyung, he’s my brother Myungsoo and he’s uhm special.” He said and the elder nodded in understanding.

“Nice to meet you Myungsoo, I’m Sunggyu and I’m special too.”He said and Myungsoo shook the elder’s hand.

“You smell good.”Myungsoo replied with a sheepish grin that effectively made Sunggyu’s chubby cheeks glow pink as well as his nose. “You are so cute!”Myungsoo added and that effectively earned him a smack on the head.

“Thanks.”Sunggyu uttered as he looked away, probably to hide the blushing face and to check if his furry hamster ears had popped out of his hair.

“You’re a mouse!” Myungsoo chirped and Sunggyu paled as he tried to make the ears retreat. “I’m a cat!”Myungsoo uttered as he moved to face the elder. Sunggyu was shocked as he saw Myungsoo’s face near his but thankfully,, Jonghyun had pulled the brother.

“Myungsoo, you are not thinking of hyung?” Jonghyun asked and Myungsoo pouted. Jonghyun sighed and apologized to Sunggyu.

“Sorry hyung, my brother couldn’t control himself with rodents, he’s just too attached to his feline instinct.” Jonghyun uttered and Sunggyu gave him a reassuring smile.

“It’s Okay, but I think he should ask Key for some advice on how to control his feline tendencies.” Sunggyu said and Jonghyun thanked him. “Well, gotta go, Jinki would be beserk if I’m late!” Sunggyu said as he closed his locker and waved at the two.

“You just have to do it with Hyung huh?”Jonghyun asked and Myungsoo pouted.

“He smells so nice!”Myungsoo bargained, a stupid smile plastered across his face.

“You should go to your class.”Jonghyun said and pulled the younger towards the direction of his first class.

Along the way, they bumped into two persons who glared at them.

“Oh Key Hi!” Jonghyun greeted and the Key guy softened his gaze.

‘”Puppy!” Key greeted and Jonghyun rolled his eyes.

“Yah have some respect I am older you know.”Jonghyun said and Key just rolled his eyes. “Oh, this is my brother Myungsoo.”He introduced and Key extended a hand which Myungsoo shook.

“Oh a handsome feline.” Key commented and Myungsoo was surprised.

“You can tell?”He asked and Key grinned at him.

“Of course, I am after all a relative of yours, at least on the part species kind.” He smiled and turned to the boy next to him.

“This is Sungjong and he’s my 2nd cousin” Key introduced him and Sungjong extended a hand.

“Completely normal but equally diva-ish.” Sungjong said and Myungsoo nodded.

“Cool!”Myungsoo said then the bell rang.

“We will be late if we don’t hurry!” Jonghyun uttered and pushed the brother towards a room then dashed o the 2nd floor just in time before the classes starts.