Chapter 1 - Ulzzang?

Doin' it The Ulzzang way

JJang or Ulzzang is a Korean word meaning 'Best Face', it was an online term that can now be used on or offline to describe people that have become famous/ well known for their looks. It used to just to be for Koreans but has spread to worldwide standard -- much like K-pop has.

Nowadays Ulzzangs can be from any ethnice background -- i mean, i'm half something and half something for crying out loud -- not just Korean, so don't worry about your nationality is. -But i will tell you this up front... Asian looking Ulzzangs are definitely going to be more popular than foreign ones...Especially in K-pop loving crowds.

 

 

 

Many Ulzzangs want to be's are not Korean and post up their photos onto various websites such as Tumblr, Facebook, Twitter, Cyworld, etc. and gain popularity that way -- slowly or very quickly depending on how they go about it. Others gain popularity for being the most attractive in their school or club.

There are many online and offline contests that Ulzzangs join in. Online contests are usually just normal websites that decide to hold a contest for people who love to take pictures of themselves. Beware, the rules and regulations for each contest so reading the rules is always a must. While offline contests are most smiliar to beauty pageants.

 

 

And for those of you who dream of being a K-pop Idol here a little something that might make you bounce in your seat for the rest of this book -- It'll make you itch to start taking pictures of yourself and post them anywhere you can. If you're a very popular Ulzzang, and you can sing, dance, act or whatever, it is possible for you to become famous in whatever country you're in -- or even in Korea, if you have a decent fan base there -- but i'm pretty sure you still have to audition~.

How do i know you ask?

Well take Sohee for example, she used to be an Ulzzang and then becam part of the insanely popular group, Wonder girls!

I am honestly not sure how some Ulzzangs became famous but i believe it's because they wanted to be a singer, actor/actress, dancer, etc. and auditioned. They were then found out to be an Ulzzang with a decent fan base and that earned brownie points with the agency/lable -- Already having a fan base when you want to be a celebrity never hurts :D  Others (from SM for example) were most liely scouted and accepted when they turned out to have some talent.

But, not Ulzzangs have to be famous to be known! They can just be a normal person who lkes to take pictures of themselves and has gotten some recgnition from it.

_______________________________________________________________________

Next Chapter will be "Chapter 2 - Basic Ulzzang Feautres"