1

Masked Princess

"A masquerade ball. Really." I scoffed at Donghae, waving 4 tickets in my face. 

"I got it for free. Wanna go?" He asked. 

"How'd you get it?" 

"It doesn't matter. Wanna go?"

"With whom may I ask?" I raised an eyebrow. 

"I dunno. Can I go with your sister?" He asked bluntly.

"Of course not!" I slapped his arm.

"I'm just kidding! Calm down! Hmm... I think I'll bring HyoJu." Donghae settled. 

"Good. The girl's always had a crush on you, you know. Who will I bring?" 

"Hmm... What about Solbi? She seems to like you."  

"But... I don't like her." 

"The world's not fair now is it?" he stuck his tongue out. 

I just shook my head. 

"C'mon Hyukjae. Just come along! You can dance with any girl you find there! Solbi will just accompany you. PLEASEEEEE.." He pleaded. 

"Alright fine." I sighed. I had to agree or I'll never hear the end of his blabbing. 

"Yay! I'm gonna ask Heechul hyung for a suit. You'd better get ready, it's tomorrow night." Donghae ran away before I got the chance to change my mind.

"...tomorrow?" I panicked. 

Solbi was a pain to be with. Don't get me wrong, she's a pretty girl but she can be such a handful. She'd cling on to you like a monkey. And she never shuts up. She goes on and on and on about how her day was. Like I cared! 

I dreaded everything as I began dialling her number. My heart sank each time the phone rang. I didn't even need to explain why I wanted to go with her. She'd still go with me either way.

"Uhm... Hello? Solbi?" I called. 

"Hey Eunhyuk! So what's up? You know, I went to the mall today. There was this pink top that was so pretty but I didn't have enough money to buy it. It wasn't a total waste though. I bought the cutest shoes! They were baby blue. You know I love baby blue. And then-" 

"Okay Okay I get it!" I interrupted. 

"So... What do you wanna talk about?" Solbi asked. 

"I don't know. Wanna go to this masquerade ball with me? Donghae got free tickets." I shrugged. 

"A ball?! Sure! Oh my I have to find a dress. It should be a short dress don't you think? I might trip while we're dancing. Ooh! I hope they play good music there. Something slow, but fast songs are cool too. What colour do you think will be nice for my dress? Pink? Orange? Ooh how about Indigo? Wait. Maybe beige-" 

"Okay I'll pick you up at 7 tomorrow!" I hung up. 

Gosh she is irritating. 

~The following day~ 

"You ready to go?" Donghae brushed a bit of dust off his suit. 

"Yeah. I guess so." I sighed holding my black masquerade mask. 

We had Leeteuk hyung drive us to their houses and to the ball. 

"You guys look handsome! And here I am... In a plain white shirt and Bermudas and a pair of sneakers.... Let's just go." Leeteuk sighed.

We stopped at HyoJu's house first. She entered the car in a pretty purple dress and a blue masquerade mask. "Hey! You look great!" Donghae complimented. 

"Thanks! You do too! Hi Eunhyuk Oppa, you look great too!" HyoJu Smiled. I nodded my greeting. Then the two looked at each other. I don't know what I'd call it but there was definitely a connection between the two of them. Man, if I had the choice to bring HyoJu instead, I'd do it in a heartbeat. 

Whatever. 

Then we drove on to... Ugh.. Solbi's house. She entered the car abruptly in her pink dress and beige mask, breaking the little moment Donghae and HyoJu had. 

"Oh my, that's such a pretty dress you're wearing HyoJu! Where'd you buy it?" Solbi began interrogating HyoJu. 

I looked at Donghae in annoyance and he had a similar look on his face. 

She just blabbed on and on and on. Donghae even fell asleep. HyoJu was trying her best to keep up a nice image to Solbi. You know what, I salute her for keeping her cool. Leeteuk hyung was grabbing the wheels in anger. And I was very very close to stuffing her mask in . I just wanted her to shut up. 

After 10 million years, we finally reached the ball venue. 

"Woah it's so big..." HyoJu commented looking at the dance hall. 

I just smiled and tried not to whip out a lame ‘That's what she said' joke. 

"So, are we just gonna stand here and admire how wide the dance hall is or are we going to dance, fair maiden?" Donghae politely held out his hand to HyoJu. She blushed and took his hand. Donghae led her to the dance floor and they began dancing together.

I smiled at Donghae. He finally got a good date. The last dance date he had would not stop stepping on his feet. 

"Ahem." Solbi called out from behind my back.

"Yes?" I asked. 

"Oh nothing... I just wished I could try dancing out there. I've never really danced you know." She sighed. 

"Oh. Cool." I shrugged and headed to a table to sit at. 

I could tell by a hundred percent that she wanted to dance with me. But did I want to dance with her? Hell no. 

She sat down infront of me and went on blabbing and blabbing. I blurred her out and looked at the people dancing. Everytime she'd ask me, "Eunhyuk! Are you even listening?" I'd just blame the music. 

Then my eyes set on a new group of couples that entered the room. 

"Hey Taecyeon! Hi Wooyoung!" I waved over. 

"Hi hyung!" Taecyeon smiled. 

The two boys were dressed handsomely in white tuxedos and I was suprised that I could tell it was them from their pink and green masks. 

"Well, introduce your date!" Wooyoung smiled at Solbi.

"Oh. She's-" I began, then of course she interupted me, 

"I'm Solbi, I was Eunhyuk's friend from Highschool. Nice to meet you, You're Taecyeon right? I have to say, you're really tall. And you're WooYoung right? Nice name but that suit you're wearing doesn't really match you-" 

"Okay Solbi! That's enough." I stopped her before Wooyoung could slap her in the face for dissing his suit. But I think he was smiling a little. Weird. 

"Anyway... This is HanBi." Taecyeon introduced his date. A pretty girl with jet black hair, a blue dress and a mask smiled. 

"Nice to meet you Hanbi. Wooyoung, where's your date?" I asked. 

"Oh, guys, this is Jurin, my classmate." He brought a girl from behind him. 

There was a beautiful girl with long brown hair, wearing a short white dress and a black mask similar to mine. She smiled brightly at me. "Hi." 

"Hello." I smiled, still shocked.  

"So, we're going to dance for a while. Can we sit here when we're done?" WooYoung asked. 

"Uh... Sure..." I bluntly replied, my eyes were still looking at Jurin. 

Isn't that a cute name? Jurin. Her appearance makes the name sound oh so much cuter. The dress she wore was angelic with her brown hair. Then the mask she wore hid beautiful brown eyes. Speaking of the mask, it looks a lot like mine! The only difference might be that hers had a butterfly. 

"-Eunhyuk!" Solbi's voice interrupted my thoughts.

"Huh? What?" 

"Oh Nevermind. Can you just go get some punch?" She asked. There was a hint of irritation in her tone. 

I nodded and headed to the food table and woah, was I amazed. The food on the table could feed me for a lifetime. I'd marry the food if I could. 

I took 2 cups of punch and headed back to the table. I saw that Solbi was kinda upset. Okay, very upset. 

I gave in and asked, "Hey, wanna dance?" 

Her eyes lit up and she stood up instantly. She squeezed my hand and we went into the dance floor. 

I know, I know. I said Solbi was a pain to be with but hey, I'm a nice guy.  

So we danced for a while when my back hit another person's by accident. 

"I'm sorry... Oh hi!" I smiled when I found out I hit Jurin by accident. 

"Hello!" She smiled. 

"Hahah, fancy seeing you guys here." Wooyoung smiled. 

Solbi then suddenly grabbed my arm harder than ever. I started to lose feeling in it. I took a look at her face. She was smiling but her eyes were glaring right at Jurin. 

Was she jealous? Why would she be?

 

Author's Note: AYYYYYY so here's a short story for you all. I think I'll keep it to a two shot or something.Unless you guys have other ideas.

Anyway, as you can see, I don't have a proper title for this chapter. If you have any ideas, please leave an idea in the comments. Thanks!

Nice comments are loved!