Tree

The Wolf That Fell In Love With Little Red Riding Hood

Kris looked at the Kingdom* outside the forest with longing. He wanted to go there and be normal but he knew he couldn't. He was the wolf. The wolf that ate Little Red's gramma in the stories. He cursed the world for giving him such fate, that's why he always avoid any contact with fae fearing that he might run across Little Red.

He jumped off the tree branch he was sitting at but he immediately froze as he smelled a sweet scent. He quickly hid himself and tried to sit still as much as possible. The presence lingered for a while and Kris can't take it anymore, he moved. His dark fur got exposed and the presence ran. Kris didn't bother to think much about it as he slumped down and stare at the tree infront of him. 

Kris always spend the rest of the day drawing and looking at the Kingdom. He did admit that he horribly at drawing but what can he do? Everyone pretty much hates him. The same scent covered the air around him and Kris immediately blend with the shadows. What was this fae doing here in the forest at night? He peek through the thick bushes he was hiding at and his breathe was taken away by the person infront of him. Lazy eyes shines with determination and chocolate brown hair that sways in the most beautiful way. He felt his cold heart filled with sudden warmth that shocked him. He need to know that person.

Kris have a grace of a hippo as he stumble and trip over nothing before plopping down on the other side of the tree. He heard the beautiful fae timidly asked if someone was there.

"Don't be scared of me..." Kris pleaded as he hugged himself. He didn't want to scare the beautiful fae.

"Ok... who are you?" Kris sat silence as he racked his brain for an anwser. He felt the tree behind and got an idea.

"I 'm a tree." He let out a relieved sigh when the beautiful fae more or less believe him.

They quickly got acquainted and when the fae told him his name, Kris felt like vomiting.

"I'm Yixing... also known as the Little Red Riding Hood." Kris felt awful. How could he? How could he endanger such beautiful fae? Kris hated himself more.

"Oh... be careful of the big bad wolf then.." Kris said as he felt tears in his eyes. The first fae that ever warmed his heart was the person he needed to avoid at all cost. 

"I'm not sure about that.. the wolf is missing for a while now..." Kris silently smile knowing his presence was absent at the never ending story of Little Red Riding Hood. The conversation went back to normal but Kris was still dissapointed at himself. He made it his life goal to NOT follow the story but here he was, talking to Little Red acting like a tree... and Kris suddenly got an idea. A brilliant idea that shows no flaw whatsoever. He need to act like a tree. The ending of their story won't come if they never meet but they're not exactly 'meeting' as Little Red still didn't know he was the wolf, Little Red knew him as Mr. Tree.

Morning came and Kris knew their time together will now end.

"Oh my.. I am so sorry Mr. Tree but I need to go now. It was nice talking to you!!" He sensed the fae on the other side getting up and left.

"Ok..." Kris whispered sadly as he felt his heart ache in sadness. He slowly got up and left. If he lingered any longer he might have heard Yixing whisper:

"Mr. Tree is the... big bad wolf..."


Aww.. Kris was very hard to write... why did he have to be both pessimistic and optimistic at the same time?? Again, I apologize for any errors here... it's 3 in the morning and I am tired...

Sooo... here's Kris's pov of what happened... this was rushed so I might change it when I function better idk, you readers decide.

I want to thank you for upvoting, suscribing and commenting on this story. Really, I really appreciate it.