Kwon Jiyong

Flowers for You

 

*ring*

I stood up quick, more like jolted up as soon as I heard the school bell ring. It’s finally the end of the school day once more. And as usual, I picked up my bag and went out of the classroom.

“Hey Ji! Wanna join us?”, Seunghyun, one of trusted best friends asked.

“Uh, to where?”

“Hmm the usual?”, Oh yeah, they must be going to the arcade again. They go there every Tuesday and enjoy their selves. And after, they’d be going to this diner where one of the best foods is served.

“I’ll pass”, I continued walking down the hallway. “Ugh, really? Since when have you been like this?” Since I found something much more better and interesting after school, I thought. “You always join us every Tuesday and even hang out with us like every weekend. But now… you’ve changed”, he looked at me and gave this tiny pout. “Oh would you stop that”

“*sigh* fine”, then he walked away approaching the gang. I saw then glanced at me while I continued walking, but I only gave them a smile, a smile that would surely please them.

When I reached the gate of the school I quickly exited and continued walking. Usually I would take the bus or a cab whenever I would be going home, but all of that changed all because of that incident.

 

Flashback…

 

“This is all your fault”, I nagged for like the tenth time.

“Oh come on. I didn’t know it was that expensive”

“Yeah right”, I rolled my eyes and then quickened my pace. If it weren’t for that stupid slice of cake I wouldn’t be experiencing this. Yes, a simple slice of cake. The gang was supposed to eat and have some snack at the diner today, but since Seunghyun has to attend some club activities, Daesung has to attend and practice with the soccer club and Taeyang also has to go home right away for their family’s having an out of town trip this weekend. And that means I’m left with Seungri.

After school, we had a quick snack at the diner and he saw that there’s a new cake on the menu, which really caught his attention and he quickly ordered it. But unfortunately, it was too expensive, and perhaps too expensive, since it was also limited and would only be served this Friday, which is today. And he said, he thought it was only worth 1000, but he missed the last zero, which makes it 10,000 won. And I had to give my own money or else we would be washing the dishes right now.

And right now, we’re walking to get home.

“I promise I’ll pay you back tomorrow”, I didn’t bother looking at him, instead I looked anywhere but him. And suddenly, something just caught my attention.

There’s this little flower shop located along the road and I think they’re already closing, maybe the employee there’s already cleaning and they’re about to close. I kept looking at her for she just caught my attention. She had a long, flowing, jet-black hair. His skin glows and looked quite soft even from afar. I didn’t know why, but it just caught me breathless.

 I didn’t change my gaze until we’re already quite far from the shop.

“Hey dude! Are you even listening?”

“W-what?”, I suddenly lifted my gaze to Seungri.

“*sigh* I guess you weren’t. Never mind, we’re almost near to your street”, he pointed at the direction across the street lamp. And I fastened my walking a little bit and waved at Seungri.

 

end of flashback.

 

I’m almost at the shop and I keep on battling in my mind of whether I should go in or not. If I would, then what will I do? Should I pretend to buy some flowers? Or should I just look around? If I would be buying then I’ll have a chance to talk to her.

Only a few more walks and I’m almost at the door. My heart beats faster every second that I approach the door.

And finally my feet brought me here inside the shop, I seemed calm on the outside, yet I was really panicking on the inside.