I don't believe in vampires!

Behind The Mask

My life as a vampire isn't as easy as you think.

 

I can't go out easily without an umbrella. The beams of sunlight is my fear. The humans get tanned while me..I don't know what will happen but I do know it'll make me suffer.

 

People always look at me as a human but I'm actually not a human. My fangs grow sharper and longer when the sky turns into darkness. I people's blood off just so I could serve them to...Her. The name that couldn't be spoken. No worries. It doesn't cost your life to say her name. I just don't like to mention about it.

 

Every night I'd do what she told me. It never pays me off. She wanted to stay young and "pretty" for at least thousand years. AT LEAST a thousand years. "Obey me or you will not be having dinner" The lines she always says. Having dinner and not having dinner are most likely the same thing. She gets bowl of blood while I get A CUP of blood. She calls that a dinner.

 

Wonder what I do at night? blood. Each every target she chose are most likely to be the one with healthy and more blood. Everybody says when vampire blood, they go directly into their body. As for me, it's totally different. Everytime I try to some into my body, she could sense it and do horrible things to me.

 

I couldn't help myself seeing the blood vessels inside their neck. I tried to control myself from their blood into my body but I can't. I get beat up most of the time. It's like I'm her slave. If you put it like that, I AM her slave. I kind of got a little control on my nowadays and my body is safe from her power.

 

Yup, you heard me. Power. We're not just a vampire. We also have powers to keep us safe.

 

Wonder how I give her blood? It's pretty simple, to you but not me. I have to their blood off and store them inside my fangs. My fangs are small on the outside but bigger inside. After the blood off the body, I'd spit them out from my fangs and keep them in a big empty bottle.

 

If you think I get to rest in the morning, then you're wrong. I'd walk around Seoul with hidden camera in me so that she can see the inside of the people through the screen and choose her next target. I couldn't even rest my legs. She's such a torture. The only good thing is that she can't read mine while I can.

 

There's once when I wanted to other's blood rather than the target she chose and lie to her. The blood I last time was from the person with disease inside them. I thought that plan might work but it proved me wrong when she noticed it by just smelling it. Because of all the blood she devoured, she is stronger than me and I couldn't do anything about it and have to obey her.

 

That's how I live through my life as a vampire.

 

It's a cold night when less people wander around the streets. I quietly walk along the cold tiles of pathway following my target. I eyed him from head to toe making sure the blood she wants comes from this person. I smirked as I mark myself correct. He is the one.

 

"AH!" I yelled as I fall on the ground. The target turned and ran up to me. "Are you okay young man?" He asked.

 

I hissed in pain and d my ankle as I look up at him. "I sprained my ankle. Do you think you can help me up?" I asked as I force a pain look on my face. He actually trusted me and reached his hand out which I took. Without any hesitation, I pulled him towards me quickly and I dug my fangs through the skin of his to his blood vessels.

 

"AHHHH!" The man shouted and he tries to struggle free from my grip. I inserted force on both my hands and my fangs to make him stop struggling so that I could get this over with. Soon his movement started to slow down and finally, he stopped.

 

I slowly pull my fangs off and the man's skinny body dropped on the floor. I wiped off the blood from my mouth and took out a big bottle from my bag that's hanging from my shoulder and spit the blood out from my fangs. Not even a little tiny blood can be left in my fangs.

 

"Never trust a stranger. Never" I said to the dead body and smirked. After getting what I want, I jump up to the roof of the nearest building and started to jump on one another roof to my home like a ninja. That's how I go home at night.

 

Hyunseung's POV:

 

"This morning, the citizen reported to us that a dead body was found lying on the pathway and it seems like he has bite marks being seen on his neck. Some of them believe that it might be the vampire the police were looking for, did this"

 

"Who is so stupid enough to believe that vampires exist?" I said as I scoffed. Yoseob look at me from the tv and raised an eyebrow. "What if they do exist?" He asked.

 

"What? You believe in vampires too? Dude. They only exist in fictions!" I said. I can't believe the news reporters could make up such a hidious joke. Vampires doesn't even exist! They only appears in stories like....Twilight or Vampire Diaries. Pfft these people are too overreacting nowadays.

 

"Yah, you're gonna be late for school if you keep sipping on your coke" Yoseob said as he patted my lap. "Ne" I replied coolly as I pour down the last drops of coke into my mouth. I put them on the table and grabbed my bag, swinging it over my shoulder and got to the door.

 

"Can't you at least throw the can?" Yoseob complaint and pouted. "You said you do the cleaning yourself" I said while slipping into my sneakers. "I'm going. Peace" I closed the door behind and started to walk off to my school.

 

I am Jang Hyunseung, the boy you never realise his real gender. Yes, people always thought I'm a girl and some of the dudes came to me and hit on me. Girls don't have flat chest! Well, some of them does. The girls in my school kept dragging me to do the nails when they first met me.

 

Once I told them I'm a boy, they started to squeal here and there because of how handsome am I. They even gave me a nickname called Eye Prince. Like what the hell? Eye Prince? Where do they get them from? I even heard one of the girls said that the "Eye Prince" is gotten from my eyes. I don't really understan why. Is it because I have pretty eyes? Maybe..

 

As I enter the school gate, the girls start covering up my surroundings and they keep pulling my shirt because they wanted to touch me like as if I'm a super star. I breath out deeply and stared at them coldly. "Can I have some time alone?" I asked coldly. "Mi-Mianhae oppa" The girls whined and finally they make way for me.

 

I don't know why this school keeps so much s. The s keep hitting on me with showing their chest or showing their when they pretended to fall. Sorry girls, I'm not interested in s. I don't believe in love too after that heartbreaking moment. That moment tells me not to trust anybody who doesn't show their love. Apparently, I know everyone in this world is the same.

 

What's the point of dating when you fight, break up, apologize, make up and it continues like a wheel. It just breaks your heart more. I wonder what is going on with their mind recently. It's like all the girls here are thinking about having every second every minute.

 

After going through all those boring classes, I was called for a detention because of sleeping in the class. You can't blame me for your boring classes you know! I was forced to stay back at school to clean the hallway. It is just not fair. I only sleep in class for one period. ONE PERIOD and they forced me to sweep this hallway.

 

-----

 

Phew finally I'm done with this stupid work. The sun is already gone by the time I look out the window. The school is pretty scary at night. I quickly grab my bag and left the school without switching off the lights. Hell no I'm swtiching off the lights at this time. Things might happen in the dark you know.

 

I walk through the quiet street while humming one of the hit song in Korea. "Can you lift me up?" I heard one of the voice coming from a far. I squinted my eyes to get a clearer look and saw two figures on the other side of the street. The girl reached her hand out and when the guy took her hand, he pulled her down and started to...kiss her neck?

 

It doesn't really look like a kiss when the girl screamed. It's more like biting than kissing when I saw traces of blood flow down the boy's chin. The girl's skin turned pale like how the actress is when she got bitten by a vampire in the movie. The guy pushed her off and wiped the blood off his chin.

 

I covered my mouth as I gasped, not believing what I saw. The exact fangs that are shown in the tv is now being shown from the boy's mouth as he smiled. Could it be....vampires? No..No..I don't believe in vampires. I don't believe in vampires. I couldn't really see his face because it doesn't even look like a face to me when he started biting her neck.

 

He turn his head to my direction and he kind of noticed me. Before he even stand up, I turned around and ran away from that place as far as possible. I don't care where my legs lead me as long as I'm away from that creature. My eyes aren't lying to me right? O-Of course not! Vampires.....Vampires don't exists! Yes, they don't exist.

 

I....don't....believe....in vampires!!

 

----------------------------------------

Yay the first chapter! :D How is it? :3 I hope it's interesting keke..

Do drop a comment<333 ^^