The Hotel

Mystery Hotel

 

 It was a boring Friday afternoon for the five of them, until Luna brought up the topic about going out of town. Everyone was fascinated with the idea. As soon as they finish planning, they parted ways, and planned to meet the next day.

                The next day, everyone was in a high aura as they waited patiently to the van that would bring them to the falls in Jeju Island. While waiting, they decided to buy first some chips to eat on their way. When the van arrived, everyone was in a festive mood. Amber, the group’s little Miss Techie, brought out her camera and they took turns getting pictures. On the road, they manage to fall asleep because it is still a long way to reach their destination. When they woke up, it is already night time, they asked Marcus, the driver, where are they already. He said that they are already in Jeju Island and about to reach their destination. Everyone was excited until their car stop. Marcus checked the machine of the van and found out that they run out power. Bored and upset, the five of them waited patiently until...

                “Alright, I’m going to explore this forest,” Victoria said in a protesting tune.

                “You can’t,” Amber said. “It’s dangerous. What if there are wild animals roaming around this horror- looking forest. I can’t manage to lose an Unnie like you.”

                “Stop being dramatic Amber, nothing will happen. Trust me.”

                “Trust you?” Luna said. “You are a trouble maker”

                “Stop fighting Unnies,” Sulli said in a pleading voice. “We should not fight. Were best friends, remember?”

                “Alright, if you don’t want to come, I will go now and no one can stop me,” Victoria said as she walked away.

                 “Hey, Unnie. Wait up.” Krystal called out. “We won’t allow you do unnecessary things here.”

                “Ok, Whatever,” Vic said.

                The five of them explore the forest with flashlights as the only source of light because there is no light that would illuminate their path way. As they we explore the forest, Krystal noticed a light coming from the West part of the forest. Hoping that was a hotel or a house, they follow the light. As they got near, they were welcome by a cold breeze.

                “Where did the breeze came from?” Luna asked.

                “I don’t know, but it give me chills,” Sulli utter.

                “It’s nothing to worry about guys,” Vic said bravely and confidently. “It’s just breeze and of course we are in the middle of the forest. What do you expect?”

                “Good for you Vic-Umma,” Amber said. “You are brave and you have the guts to face paranormal entities.”

                “PARANORMAL ENTITIES?!” Luna and Sulli shout in unison. “You mean Ghost?” Luna said in a trembling voice.

                “Nah! I don’t feel anything strange or paranormal in here and look we are safe and there is a house nearby. So let’s go.” Vic said confidently and walk towards where the light is coming.

                Luna, Krystal, Amber, and Sulli, followed behind Victoria. The pathway that they are walking through is cemented and it is leading to the light that they are looking for. After finding the light-offering building, the five of them were amused by what they saw. Standing in the middle of the forest was a hotel with a modernized style. The hotel was named Hotel X..

                “Wow, this place is a heaven,” Sulli said. “We could spend our night here.”

                “But, did you not find it weird,” Krystal said. “A luxurious hotel in the middle of the forest?”

                “Yeah, who cares,” Vic said. “At least we have a place to spend the night on.”

                “Yeah, Vic-Unnie is right,” Luna agreed with her. “We can’t stay in the van, knowing that we are in the middle of the forest, and you can’t even sleep comfortably in the van.”

                “Ok, It’s up to you Unnies,” Krystal said.

                As they entered the hotel, the most hospitable Guard of the hotel greeted them. Inside the hotel was a grand chandelier that you can only see in some hotels in the US. There were a few guests only. Maybe because it’s just the start of vacation and families decide to go out of town the next day.  They decided to stay in one room because they wanted to enjoy their stay and to stay up until they are exhausted.

                As Vic was about to go to sleep, she hear someone crying. She was about to ignore it until Sulli woke everyone and tolds that she is hearing something.

                “Unnies, I hear someone crying,” Sulli said in a very low voice. “It was like a woman.”

“Yes, I hear it too,” Amber second the motion. “I feel chills run down my spine when I hear the sob.”

                Vic quickly got up, brought out her phone and check an application.

                “What are you doing, Unnie?” Luna said. “We are in the middle of this conversation about a woman sobbing and you manage to put out your phone. Bloody hell”

                “Will you just trust me,” Vic said as she browses her phone. As soon as she find it, she quickly show it to them. “Here’s my Ghost- Sensor application. It is very helpful for those paranormal experts that never like to bring those items needed for ghost hunting. It has a motion sensor that can sense the extreme coldness of the ghost for easily identification. It is very convenient for everyone who wants to locate a ghost. And that is what we are going to do.”

                “What? You mean we are going to be a ghost buster or something,” Luna said.

                “Yeah, it was a nice experience,” she said happily. As an adventurous gal, these were the kind of things that she want to experience and do.

                Everyone agreed with the plan. They explore the hallway of the hotel and found nothing but dead silence. They were about to give up until the sensor found something. On the screen displayed a text ‘GHOST NEARBY’. They have found one! The sensor gave them the location of the ghost. They follow the direction and end up in the room 301. As they were about to knock the door they hear the sobbing again.

                “It’s creepy, Unnies. Let’s go back to our room.”Sulli pleads.

                “No! I won’t miss this chance to meet a ghost.” Vic said as she knock on the door. The door open on its own and they were greeted by a cold breeze.

                “Bloody Hell!” Amber shouted. “What is that?”

                “I don’t know,” said Krystal. “It’s eerie in here. Let’s go.”

                “Stop being a coward, it’s just breezed and a ghost probably.” Victoria said in a joking manner.

                “A GHOST probably? Stop joking Unnie,” Luna shouted. “We are about to face a ghost.”

                They stop talking and were frozen when they hear the sobbing again. This time it’s louder. they were unable to move from their place until they saw something moving inside the house. Those gals almost fainted when they saw A WOMAN IN A WHITE BED GOWN THAT HAS STAIN OF BLOOD COVERING IT. HER EYES WERE BLOODSHOT AND HER FACE WAS VERY PALE. They ran as fast as they can. Hoping that everything was a dream. But when they reach our room, they found all of their things in disarray. They began to pack and run as fast as they could to get away from that haunted hotel.

                When they reach their van, they found Marcus and a guy fixing the van. The two guys were shock by their expression and asked them what happen. The five talk turns in telling them what happen until the guy name Max talk.

                “You’ve been to the hotel?” he asked. “Good for you, you didn’t stay longer.”

                “Why? What if we stayed longer?” Victoria ask in behalf of her friends.

                “You could have been trapped in that hotel.” he said.  “Did you notice those cars parked in the lot?”

                “Well yeah, I notice.” Vic answered again ‘cause the other four were still quiet because of what happen.

                “Those were the cars of the guests that never had the chance to get out until dawn,” he said in a normal tone. “It is believed that the hotel is haunted by a woman who was killed by his husband during their honeymoon. Since then her spirit has been said to be roaming around.”

                “Now, I know. That is why she was crying,” Vic said in a sad voice. They feel pity for the woman because she was killed brutally by the man she taught would love him. “Hey Max, how did you know about the story?” Vic asked curiously.

                “I was a young kid then who served as bellboy in the hotel,” he said.

                They waited till dawn and continue with their outing. They asked Max to come with them and he did. They enjoyed their stay in the resort and almost forget about the incident. They dropped Max in his home and we bid our goodbye. 

 

 

------------------------

thank you for reading..!