1

On-The-Spot Parents

 

Minah

 

"Be sure to take your medicines and get some rest, arraseo?" I said to the little girl as I was crouching, so that I can talk to her comfortably. 

"Arraseo~" the girl's cute voice made me smile a little bit. Then I ruffled her hair and I stood up, taking her infront of my desk, where her mom is. 

"Is she gonna be fine?" The mother asked, looking worried. 

"Don't worry ma'am. Your daughter just caught a fever. All you have to do is make her rest for the whole day and," I quickly sat on my chair and handed the medication prescription from my table to the mother. "Don't forget to make her take the medicines, okay? She'll be better in no time." I added. Then the mother thanked me and bid goodbye. 

I watched them as they both left the clinic, with the mother holding the kid's hand. A wave of cold air escaped from the outside and got in the clinic as the glass door closed. 

"Omo, the kid was so cute!" Yura, my assistant doctor, squealed as she sat infront of my desk. 

"Her cheeks are so puffy~" Hyeri added, as she sat too.

"Yeah, she is. Her mother is beautiful, so no doubt her kid will be like that." I replied with a smile forming on my lips. 

 

Yura and Hyeri- they had been my best friends since middle school. They had been a good friend of mine since then. They always help me up whenever I have problems with my studying, and we also work together on our assignments given to us by our professors back then in our medical school. There was also a time when I fell on the stairs because of my awesome stupidity, they were the ones who treated me.

 

We conversed for a couple of minutes, since there was no one coming in the clinic for check-up. 

We were talking about the recent happenings on our lives, when suddenly, my phone rang.

 

It was Taehyung.

Taehyung has been my boyfriend for three years. We met in the medical school which him and I, together with Yura and Hyeri, are studying. It was my second to the last year in my medical school when we were officially dating, then after a year, we were now in a relationship. He was the perfect boyfriend- handsome, caring, kind, thoughtful, and also a funny person. He is a shy type of person back then, but now that he is an intern, he developed diplomacy and rapport with the patients and to his co-interns. We always have a lot of fights- but just the childish ones like, who's gonna wash the dishes, who's gonna clean this and that, etc. Most of the time, he wins, because he always uses that aegyo power of him. 

I grinned as I placed the phone beside my ear.Then I gestured Yura and Hyeri to wait for a couple of minutes. 

"Hey, sweetcheek." His deep, y voice sent chills on my spine- since the last four years. Until today, he still doesn't fail to make me fall in love with him more and more each time he calls me like that.

"Going home already?" I asked.

"Ani, I just called to check you out. Are things going fine there?" He replied. 

"Yeah. You?" 

"Hmm, there's a lot of patients here today. Maybe I'll be coming home late, though." 

"It's okay. Just call me if you're already on the way home, and, we're pretty much gonna close now. So-" I was stopped when someone on the other line shouted.

"Dr.Kim, we need some assistance in the ER!" 

"I-I'm sorry jagi, I have to go now." 

"Arraseo, Dr. Kim.Now off you go." I laughed after I said those words, then he bid goodbye and then hung up. 

"Was that Taehyung-sshi?" Yura asked, then I looked at Hyeri, and she was smiling at me- more like teasing me. 

Aish, jinjja. 

"Nae." I answered as I placed my phone on my desk. 

"You two are really a match made in heaven, you know that? Omo, I wish I also have doctor boyfriend." Hyeri said, pouting. 

"They are lovebirds resting peacefully in their nest. Oh- in their respective hospitals, I mean." Then we all giggled at Yura's words. 

 

~

 

"I think we should close now. There's no one coming in already. And it's already ten." Hyeri said as she yawned and stretched her arms a little bit. I glanced at Yura and she was nodding and pouting as well, which means she agrees to Hyeri's idea. 

"Arraseo. You go fix the things there." I said to Hyeri, pointing to the equipment and the tools we used on the patients awhile ago. 

"Yura, could you check the stock room? I think we're running out of cotton balls and some tongue depress-" 

 

I was stopped when someone barged in our clinic. It was a woman, and a boy.

 

I quickly went towards them and greeted the both of them. 

"Annyeonghaseyo." I said as I bowed. 

"Uhm, I'm so sorry ma'am but we're about to close-" I stopped Hyeri by shotting her a furious glare.

Aish, this girl...

Then she cleared and then went back to what she was doing. Then I looked back at the woman and said, "Have a seat here, please." 

Then I went back to my seat and now they were in front of me. 

"What's the case of your son, ma'am?" I asked, then she eagerly replied. 

"He's been coughing the whole day and he's been experiencing headaches. He was also throwing up a lot earlier." The woman said. 

"I'll check on him first. I'll leave you here for now, if you don't mind." I smiled at her as I stood up and went to the boy. 

I lowered my body a little bit and said, "Hey there buddy. I'm Doctor Minah. I'm just gonna do some check up on you, okay? It'll just take a while." I quickly glanced at Yura and said, "Get my things ready." Then I looked back at the boy and gave him a sunny smile as I softly held his hand as we walked towards the examination room. 

I let him sit on the exam table. As I was waiting for Yura to get the equipments ready, I stood in front of the child and crouched so that I could have a better look at him. He has brown hair and fair skin, matching it with his cute eyes and cheeks- 

Omo, this kiddo is co cutee. 

"So, tell me, what's your name?" I asked, smiling. 

"Dong-Yul." His cute small voice made me smile more. 

"Here they are," Yura placed the cart of our medical supplies. 

She restocked it, I think. 

"Let's start, shall we?" I said as I took the stethoscope that was around my neck and then put the earpiece on both of my ears. Then I took the chestpiece on my right hand and then pulled his blue striped long sleeved shirt, then placed the chestpiece on the right part of his chest. 

"So... let's see..Hmm... you're perfectly fine." I palmed on his forehead as I removed the chestpiece. "You don't even have a fever as well." I took the tongue depressor from the cart and then examined his throat. "You also don't have a sore throat. You don't even show signs of coughing and vomitting."

The boy just looked down, his hands placed on each of his laps. 

"Uhm... Dong-Yul, I'm just gonna call your mom, arra? You wait here." I was about to leave the examination room when suddenly, I heard a voice shout, 

"Yah! Miss! Come back here!" It was Hyeri. 

I quickly went to the place where Hyeri was, and then I saw her, but Dong-Yul's mom was nowhere to be found. 

 

Aniya. I hope it's not what I think it is-

 

"His m-mom! S-she.." Hyeri stuttered.

 

"She what!?" I asked as I raised the tone of my voice. 

 

"S-she ran away!"

 

 

"MWORAGO!?!?!?"

 

My voice overruled the whole clinic. 

 

JINJJA!?

 

OMO,

 

EOTTEOKE!? 

 

"Jinjja?" Yura ran towards us, with her horrified face looking at the both of us now.

"What do we do?" I wasn't able to answer Hyeri's question.

My mind went blank. 

What do I do? 

What do I do? 

AISH!!

THIS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!

 Dong-Yul suddenly appeared in front of us, rubbing his eyes. He was frowning. 

"Uhm... Dong-Yul-sshi-" 

"Ahjumma left, didn't she?" 

"M-M-Mwo? A-Ah...jumma? M-mworago? Ahjumma?" I stuttered. 

Dong-Yul just nodded. 

"Aigoo, aigoo," I said as I felt my whole body weaken, and I quickly sat on the couch. 

Hyeri then made Dong-Yul sit beside me, and Hyeri and Yura took a seat on the couch as well. Hyeri was beside Dong-Yul, and Yura was beside me.

Yura asked him what is happening and why did her ahjumma left. He told to us that her ahjumma told him his mother went to a place, a far far away place, and then said that she won't come back anymore. His dad- he doesn't know anything about him. He doesn't even know his name, nor whereabouts. So his aunt took care of him. 

"But, do you know the reason why she left you?" Hyeri asked him. 

"Molla." Dong-Yul replied coldly. 

"Uhm, Dong-Yul? Just wait here okay? Me and Doctor Yura will have something to talk first." I made a fake smile at the kid and then I gestured Hyeri to guard Dong-Yul. I grabbed Yura and went into the examintation room. 

"Yura, eotteoke!?" I shook Yura's shoulder like I was going crazy. 

"Take him home then!" Yura almost shouted, which made her gasp and cover . My jaw dropped and my eyes almost popped out when I heard Yura's words. 

 

 

"M-M-Mwo!?" 

 

TAKE HIM HOME!? 

TAKE DONG-YUL HOME!?

AND BY ME!? 

AISH! 

EOTTEOKE!

TAEHYUNG IS GONNA KILL ME.

BUT- 

HOW? WHY ME? 

IT'S NOT THAT I DON'T LIKE DONG-YUL, IT'S JUST THAT- 

 

"Arraseo!" I was totally slapping myself right now. Multiple times. 

 

Why is life like this. 

 

Well, it's not like I hate him. or dislike him. It's fun to have a kid with you. 

Yeah. I admit that I've always wanted a child. 

I know it sounds a bit weird because me and Taehyung are still in a relationship and I'm thinking of having a child. 

Aish, >//< 

 

---

 

"Ah, Dong-Yul?" I went back to Dong-Yul and sat in front of him. "Uhm...do you have any other relatives so that you can stay with them?" 

"Ani. I don't know where they are." Dong-Yul looked down.

Jinjja. Well, I don't have any other choice then.

I quickly caressed his hair and said, "Hmm, then, is it okay for you if you would stay at my place for a while?"As soon as he heard those words, Dong-Yul quickly looked at me with happy-shocked face. 

"R-really, Doctor" He quickly hugged me, which made me stand up. Now he was hugging my legs. 

D'awww. Kyeopta~~

I guess.... there's no holding back now.

Well, let's just say that starting tomorrow will a be a new world for me. 

Or maybe even later when he discovers this. 

To be honest, Taehyung doesn't like children. 

He used to like them, but after he had one unlikely experience with them, his hatred for them grew. 

 

---

 

After we patched up the things in the clinic, we decided to leave already. I asked Yura and Hyeri if tbey could come, so that at least I have someone to assist me with Dong-Yul. And fortunately, they agreed. So we all headed towards my house- Me and Taehyung's home. 

It wasn't that much big, it was a two-storey house. It has everything you need- but just the basic ones. But after some time, me and Taehyung bought some things that weren't really much of a use. 

"Omo, your house is still beautiful as usual." Hyeri complimented, which made me chuckle a bit.

"Oh silly you." I replied. 

"Doctor, your house is daebak!" I looked at Dong-Yul, and he was now observing each furniture and appliance that we had.

"Yura, can you please look after Dong-Yul first? Me and Hyeri will just fix the bedroom." I said to Yura as Hyeri and I went upstais. 

 

--

 

"You know, I think Dong-Yul will be a fine kid." Hyeri said, while arranging the pillows for the kid.

"Yeah. I think he is." I said. "But, I'm just a bit afraid when Taehyung discovers this.."

"Eh? Don't wory. We've got your back." She replied as we both giggled. 

Suddenly, the door burst open, and then Yura came in, carrying Dong-Yul with her.

"He said he was tired." She said as she placidly placed him on the bed, and then released a sigh as she sat on the bed. 

"This will be pretty hard, I guess." Yura added. Me and Hyeri nodded in agreement. 

"I'll just go to the bathroom, okay? I need to take a pee, like seriously. I need to." Hyeri said, then I pointed on where the bathroom is. As she went there, I quickly plopped myself on the bed, beside Dong-Yul. I looked at the three-year-old kid sleeping beside me, like an angel. 

"You like him, don't you?" A grin formed on Yura's lips as she let out those words. I quickly glanced at her and said, "Who doesn't." 

"Oh, by the way, you still have the clothes that we left here right? We'll just use them tomorrow." Yura said as she stood up to check my closet. 

I stood up from the bed to go downstairs. As I was about to take a step onthe staircase, an arm suddenly hugged my waist and pulled me closer to the owner of the arm. 

"Hey sweetcheek." His deep y voice made my insides melt, making me forget of the whole child problem. Then he looked at me, and pouted.

"Oh, you're here already? Why didn't you called me? You promised." i poked his pout as I pouted as well.

"Mianhe, I was just really tired." He replied.

"Well, can I get something for my tired boyfriend?" I chuckled as I free myself from his grab.

"Maybe a glass of water? Cold ones please." He answered. "I'll just go to our room, okay?" 

OH. 

MY.

FREAKING.

PEANUTS.

I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT YONG-DUL! 

WELL SCREW IT. ><

"Okay." I let out a nervous chuckle and slowly went downstairs. Drops of sweat were falling down on my head and my heart beating faster than ever; because I know that all hell will break loose as soon as he sets is foot on our room. 

 

I was about to take the last step on the staircase when suddenly, a voice cried, 

 

 

"BANG MINAAAAAAAAAAH! YOU ARE SO DEAD RIGHT NOW!"

 

Aish, jinjja. 

 

Mianhe Taehyungie. >< 

 

---------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

 

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHPLEASEKILLMEIKNOWITSUCKS. /STABS MYSELF.

BUT THANKS FOR READING. XD

 PLEASE LEAVE A FEEDBACK, I WILL HIGHLY APPRECIATE IT, ;)