Chapter 5

Never Again...

No one's saying anything. They're both just quietly sitting down in the back ally. "I would've walked but..." "Yeah, I know. We can't really walk like this." Jungkook interrupts. TaeHyung nods. "Why did you want to go walk?" Jungkook hesitated. "Jimin hyung suggested it. I know we were best friends. My mom told me everything about us. Can I be honest with you?" "Yeah." "Well, I don't know how hard this will be for you because...well we were best friends I guess but, I told Jimin hyung this. I don't really want to be here. I want to be home." TaeHyung sits there, hurt a little. "Then why are you here Kookie?" Jungkook chuckles. "Hyung asked me the same thing. I came because my mom was sad. She gave me the picture of us and yeah. That's where she told me all about us."

"What picture?" Jungkook opens up his bag and hands him the picture. TaeHyung starts smiling, "I remember this. It was my birthday. Same day as that cake picture of you." He chuckles. "Can I ask you something?" Jungkook nods. "Why don't you want to be here?" He sighs. "A part of me is saying, 'Try and remember. It was your past.' but most of me is saying, 'You can't do this. Just go home, it's too much!'. Right now it's really too much. How would you feel if you woke up in the hospital being told you got in a car accident, and a bunch of random strangers come in the room saying they're your band members and you're famous? I was super lost and confused. Last thing I remember was being a normal student. I honestly would've told the doctor to get you guys out but she was the one who said you were the members." he sighs. "But even though I really don't want to be here, I told my mom that I'll try. And I'll do it, because it made her happy. And if I remember anything, then I guess I remember. I still don't remember who you guys are at all or how fame works, but I promised her I'll try."

TaeHyung just nods, then gets an idea. "Hey! Let's go for that walk you asked for." He says getting up and walking away. "Hyung! What? Wait!" Jungkook says running after him.

~

"I felt the awkwardness!" J-Hope says. "When he opened the door and saw us, I felt how awkward and confused he was. Omo, I hope he doesn't think the wrong things. TaeHyung was just crying. He cried really bad too." "I told Jungkook to hang out with TaeHyung. I hope he remembers some stuff from him." Jimin says.

"Well, right now they're being followed by some fans." NamJoon says, showing them a picture he found of them on Twitter. "I wonder how Kookie is handling that." Jin says.

"Oh! Jin! I found out what he was looking at on his phone! He was going through some pictures of them two." J-Hope says. "TaeHyung...I feel so sorry for him. I'm actually worried. What if he never remembers? What's going to happen? I don't think I can handle Jungkook living his life not remember us. Oh, I can't imagine how V would feel. I hope that doesn't happen." Jin says.

"I kept telling TaeHyung that he'll remember. But I'm just saying that to him to make him calm down. To be honest, I'm scared too. What if he doesn't?" HoSeok adds. The morale from them was very low. They all worried if he'll never remember. If he'll just end up walking out on them to try and live a normal life. Jimin, who knows Jungkook doesn't want to be there, worried the most. "Honestly, I kind of miss how he would disrespect me. How he'd call me Jiminnie at times, tease me of how I'm short." Everyone let out a small laugh at him.

"I miss wearing his underwear." Suga joked. Everyone started laughing. "With or without holes? Jin says. They all laughed even harder. "Hey, we should watch Rookie King again!" NamJoon suggests. They all agreed and started watching.

~

Jungkook and TaeHyung walked in the dorm, seeing the others crowded around the laptop. "What's going on?" Jungkook asks. "Shh! We're re-watching Rookie King. Come!" Jin says. Both of them walk over to the couch and sits down to watch.

HoSeok's eyes widens. "Wait! Skip this part!" he yells at NamJoon. "Please!" NamJoon doesn't listen. "No! Why did I have to come home to this part?!" TaeHyung yells. Jungkook was curious as to what they were whining about. His eyes are glued to the screen. Then, came the part where the V-Hope couple was made. "Ahhhhhh!" the members all yell, pushing TaeHyung and HoSeok, teasing them, making kissing noises. "I was pushing myself away really hard!" TaeHyung yelled.

Later, during the same episode, Jungkook takes Jimin to the corner of the living room. "Can I ask you something Hyung?" "Yeah?" "I'm confused. Me and V are 'just' best friends right?" Jimin nods. "Then why do I feel a burning, tight feeling inside of me right now?" "Wait, what's confusing you?" Jungkook looks over at TaeHyung and HoSeok. "When...that time I opened the door on them two, when TaeHyung hyung was in HoSeok hyung's arms, I felt like stiff. I felt...mad? I guess. And a few minutes ago when they kissed...same feeling! Why?!" Jimin starts to laugh, "You and V are close, that's probably why." "No, hyung! It's not a 'he's my best friend only' feeling." "I think your heart remembers your past. I'm going to ask you something just to make sure. Did you like TaeHyung?"

Jungkook just stands there. "Right now?" "No, before." "How should I know? Did I? Is this why I feel this way? Hyung...see this is too much." Jimin just nods, "Well, lets go back. I actually want to show you an episode." They both go back to the members and Jimin takes the laptop. "Hey!" Suga yells. "Sorry, I want to see my favorite episode!"

Jimin goes to the last episode, where they did the hat challenge for X-Man. Jin and Jungkook were up. From the video you hear:

Jin: "Jungkook-ah!"
Jungkook: "Yes?"
Jin: "Shh...don't speak." Jin leans in for a kiss.

Jimin looks at Jungkook for a reaction, but all he got was a blank face. "Wait, go back a little!" Jin says. "TaeHyung! You look mad!" he laughs, pointing at V in the screen. "Well, yeah! Because of you I thought we were going to loose!" "We won?" Jungkook asks. "Yeah, you spit on my face." Jin says. Jungkook chuckles a little.

The video had finished. "I honestly thought I was the X-Man watching that." Jungkook says. "See hyungs! I'm not the only one who thought he was suspicious!" Jimin yells. "It was vibrating lips, TaeHyung." J-Hope laughs. "Hyung!" TaeHyung yells. They all started teasing him.

~

"Kookie?" Jin says, waking up from feeling a kick on his foot. He looks at the time. "It's 5am. What are you doing up?" "I need to pee." Jin shakes his head and goes back to sleep. Jungkook quietly walks to the bathroom and cleans himself up. He walks back out and quietly puts on his clothes. A coat, long sleeved shirt, sweats, and his boots. He looks at Jin to make sure he's sleeping, and walks out the dorm.

~

"He's not here at all! I checked everywhere!" Suga yells. "At like 5am, I caught him awake but he said he was going to the bathroom so I just fell back asleep!" Jin says. The members looked everywhere, even the back alley. "I called his mom and she said he's not there." TaeHyung says. "I'll try calling him." He dials his number and they hear a ringing coming from the room he sleeps in. "Maybe he's still there?" J-Hope wonders. They all walk in and all they found was just his ringing phone on his bed.