♫2♫ Preparation

♫ Rhythm of Epiphany ♫
* Haneul's POV *
 
"No, no way, we're letting you into the music room!" Professor Cho answers quickly.
 
"We're just going to practice less than an hour," I reply calmly. "I promise we will take care of the instruments."
 
"How can we believe in someone who keeps breaking rules?" she hisses with annoyed tone.
 
I frown, "Breaking rules and breaking promises are two different things."
 
Looks like my image is bad enough in her mind. Well, not going to blame her either, since I never asked them to trust me for everything.
 
I'm enjoying everything while I can, including the fact that I can keep breaking school rules but keep holding the best student award for grades.
 
"I will be responsible for anything," Doojoon steps forward. "I'm Haneul's person in charge."
 
Professor Cho exchanges looks with the other lecturers and then she sighs, giving up, "Fine. An hour is the limit."
 
"Good!" I grin and turn to see Gikwang who is tilting his head with confusion, Junhyung who is totally looks annoyed, and Yoseob who has the curve on his lips.
 
Doojoon takes the key to the music room and we follow him behind, heading to the music room.
 
We step in the music room and I take a guitar from the corner of the room, looking it with a smile forming in my lips.
 
"So," Doojoon breaks the silence, "what are we going to do?"
 
 
* Doojoon's POV *
 
I'm just doing this because I'm a President of Student Committee. I don't want to let the students drown in the trouble by theirselves.
 
Especially when it is Haneul. She may act based on whatever she thinks.
 
I know she is smart. Her habit of breaking rules is only her way to show her true identity because she once said that she hates how people think that she is a genius.
 
But I don't understand how she can solve this problem.
 
Five of us only know each other because of a coincidence. Five of us left here is only because another coincidence.
 
And how come we can perform something to satisfy the raging students?
 
"They want us to show them what band is," Haneul turns with a guitar on her hand, "so let's show them what band is."
 
"Yah! How can we do that? We're not even in the band group!" I protest.
 
"Who said that we must join a band group to be capable in music?" Haneul mutters. "We just need to adjust one thing and another."
 
"In less than an hour?" Junhyung mumbles. "That is impossible."
 
"Nothing is impossible if you believe it is possible," Haneul says with confident. "Stop the negative thinking."
 
This girl makes me amazed and scared in the same time. Her confidence and her courage are really unique. Maybe this is why the school doesn't even want to mess with her.
 
"Now I need you to tell us what instrument you can play," Haneul examines us, one by one. "I can play guitar."
 
I sigh as I raise my hand, "Piano."
 
 
* Junhyung's POV *
 
I don't understand why this girl even try to help me. Well, I don't think she is actually helping me; she's just having fun with herself.
 
I can leave now if I want to but even though I don't believe in this girl, somehow I know I must do something or the raging students will come again to this school.
 
Haneul, this girl is like a firework who shows us that she can do everything we never expected.
 
The first time I met her was when she was running from Doojoon. I thought she just changed the school broadcast recording with hip hop music, causing a big mess.
 
She was laughing happily even though Doojoon and the other representatives of Student Council were chasing her.
 
After that, I met her eventually when she was in her attempts of escaping Doojoon.
 
"So I can play guitar. Doojoon can play keyboard then. Anyone else?" Haneul puts down the guitar and walks to the drum set.
 
"Ah, I wish I can play the drum," she tries to make a sound with the cymbal. She picks up the drumsticks and hits the drumset randomly, causing annoying noises.
 
"Yah!" Doojoon covers his ears. "Are you crazy?"
 
I quickly take the drumsticks from her and sit behind the drumset without a word. I play the drum for seconds, showing her what she needs to do if she wants to play drum.
 
"So Junhyung in drum!" Haneul claps her hands.
 
I do know how to play drum and I can't let her ruin my hearing with her scary technique.
 
"I need bassist now," Haneul looks at Gikwang and Yoseob. "Or do I need to test the bass by myself?"
 
This girl is so unpredictable.
 
 
* Gikwang's POV *
 
Can she really play the guitar?
 
Why am I even here? Why didn't I just leave and let them solve the problem by themselves?
 
Because, of course, they are my friends.
 
Even though I'm not really close to them, I can't let them to suffer this problem alone. I need to do what I can do.
 
This is totally the unexpected situation.
 
The unpredictable girl, President of Student Committee, the careless boy, and the relaxed boy join in a music room for an impossible challenge to show what band is.
 
"I can do some basic of bass," I speak and take the bass. "If it's not too difficult, I think I can play it."
 
"Then I guess I leave the vocal to Yang Yoseob," Haneul hands over the microphone to Yoseob. "I'm sure you can do that."
 
"What made you think so?" Yoseob takes the microphone from Haneul.
 
"Intuition," Haneul shrugs and takes the guitar again. "Now we need to pick a song. Fast."
 
Silence fills the room for around a minute. Haneul tries to search for music sheet in the shelf and turns around to show us the song she picked.
 
"An English song?" Doojoon's eyes widen. "Yah! We're not even sure if we can play Korean song!"
 
"You just need to play the keyboard," Haneul examines the music sheet. "It's not really difficult and I can do some modifications here to make it even easier."
 
"You can arrange music?" Junhyung asks in disbelief.
 
"This song is mine anyway," she takes a pencil on the table. "The band leader asked me to write a song last month but looks like he doesn't dare to use it since I didn't give him the full lyrics."
 
"You compose song?" I murmur, amazed by the new fact.
 
"My father taught me," she begins to write something on the music sheet. "Now give me five minutes or we're not going to make it."
 
 
* Yoseob's POV *
 
"Done," Haneul hands me the lyrics. She gives each of us different paper, telling us what to do with our own part.
 
I can't believe she really picked an English song. More over I couldn't believe she composed this song by herself.
 
I was surprised when she chose me as the vocalist. I did attend vocal training when I was a kid but I'm not sure I still can do the vocal good enough.
 
On top of that, I was amazed with the fact each of us can play at least one instrument, except me of course. What a coincidence.
 
I take a glance at the others. They make serious expressions on their face, as if we are going to perform something big.
 
This is interesting.
 
"So since I'm the one who master this song first, I'm going to sing the first part until the refrain with Doojoon playing the keyboard," Haneul explains. "After that Yoseob will sing the next part while I start to play the guitar. The bass and the drum will join us as well."
 
"What about the bridge part?" Doojoon reads his sheet. "Are you going to duet with Yoseob?"
 
"Yes, I marked it already in Yoseob's sheet. The instruments just need to play along," Haneul smiles brightly.
 
"Now, shall we start? We only have thirty minutes to practice," Haneul takes her position.
 
I smirk, knowing that this will be a really interesting day.