Final

Remembrance

 


The sight of the blue graduation hats flying was the sign of leaving their alma matter as the graduates scattered all around, having pictorials and showing their pride to their parents. Watery eyes as they say goodbye to their friends. Krystal wandered her eyes all around, finding someone, a certain tomboy to be exact.


Her sight turned black as two hands covered her eyes. She smiled almost immediately as the familiar scent of the person filled her nose. " Amber!" She shouted in joy, Amber loosened her grip and let her hands be removed by Krystal. Once Krystal turned around, Amber gave her the famous dorky smile.


" Congratulations Krys! You finally graduated." Amber said as Krystal attacked her with a hug. " Hey! I miss you too okay?" Amber said as she hugged Krystal as equally tight. " Go grief you made it, for a second there I thought you wouldn't come!" Krystal said, glaring at Amber. Amber shook her head and ruffled Krystal's hair. " I wouldn't miss my favorite dongsaeng's graduation now would I?"Amber said.


Krystal puffed her cheek. 'Thats right. I'm just a dongsaeng in your eyes.' Krystal thought as she avoided Amber's hand. " I'm not your dongsaeng anymore, cause I already graduated!" Krystal proudly said as she showed her diploma. Amber laughed as she nodded her head. " Yes, yes. I get it." Amber said and swung her arm around Krystal. 


" Say why don't we hang out? I'll be missing you when I go to US." Amber said. Krystal gave it a thought and shrugged. " Oh yeah, I forgot." Krystal said, the smile on her face immediately turned into a frown. She immediately masked her sadness with a smile. " I'll just tell Mom." Krystal said as Amber nodded.


Krystal returned, but now wearing jeans and a green tee. Amber looked suprised, but gave off a grin. " You were really expecting me, huh?" Amber said, as Krystal's cheeks turn pink. " Did not!" Krystal denied as she punched Amber in the shoulder. " Aigoo! Still as violent." Amber said, following after Krystal.


" So, where are you taking me sunbaenim?" Krystal asked. Amber smiled, putting her finger on her lips. " Himitsu." Krystal raised her brow, " Now what language are speaking?" Krystal groaned. After spending 2 years with Amber, she knows that her senior liked talking in different languages. Amber chuckled and waved her hand, dismissing what Krystal said.


" Just follow me will ya?" Amber said as she took Krystal's hand in hers, pulling her to the destination. Krystal stared at their linked hands, her face can't help but form a different color in her cheek. Amber went to a stop, making Krystal collide with her. " Sorry." Amber apologized as Krystal just sighed at her clumsiness. " What flavor do you like?" Amber asked, pointing to an ice cream vendor.


" Vanilla would be fine." Krystal said, sitting herself on a near by bench. " Okay, wait here." Amber said as she jogged to the vendor. Krystal can't help but admire how handsome Amber is, at the same time beautiful. She smiled unconsciously, lucky to have someone like Amber by her side. Her smile faltered a bit when she saw two other girls approached Amber.


They were flirting with Amber and its making her blood boil. Adding to her anger the fact that Amber was dense enough that she didn't notice that the girls are flirting with her. Krystal crossed both her legs and arms, arching a brow to the two girls. Boring them with holes with her eyes. She stopped when she notice that Amber is pointing at her direction.


Amber began walking to her direction and can't help but smirk in victory when she saw the two girls with pissed expressions. 'She's mine, es.' Krystal thought as an evil smile spread through her face. " Knock that off, you're creeping me out." Amber said as she hand Krystal her ice cream. Krystal stuck her tongue out and started eating her ice cream. 


" Whats with the two girls?" Krystal can't help but ask. Amber looked at her with a confused look. " What girls?" Amber asked. Krystal looked at her with an "are-you-kidding-me" face. " Don't tell me you don't remember." Krystal groaned. " Sorry, I don't remember any girl when I'm with you." Amber said, her face turning light pink as she said those words.


Krystal didn't notice it as she had her head hung low. They continued eating their ice cream in silence. In their own little world, arguing with themselves.


' She didn't mean it right? I mean, she says stuff like that all the time, its in her blood. She sometimes unconsciously do it. So, it doesn't mean anything. Right?' Krystal questioned herself. 


' What are you blabbering about! She might have feelings for you. She's taking a step!' Krystal's inner voice said.


' That's got to be impossible! She see's me as her dongsaeng, nothing more, nothing less.' Krystal argued.  


' Stupid Amber! Why did you say that? Now look at what you've done! It became awkward!' Amber's inner thought shouted.


' It's not like I wanted to say it! It just rolled off my tongue! I should be blaming you, since you are the brain. You think what I'm supposed to think!' Amber argued.


' Oh, Puhlease! I'm just a fragment of your imagination. Your talking to yourself, babo!' Amber said to herself.


" Amber." " Krystal." They both said at the same time. " You first." Again. " No, you go first." And again. They laughed at their siliness. " Jinx." They both shouted again. Another fit of laughter filled the air as they joked around. They wiped the tears that threatened to fall as they laughed their hearts out. " Geez, I haven't laughed like this since... Forever!" Krystal said.


A whimpered laugh came from Amber as she covered . " I still have the giggles." Amber said as she tried to stop laughing. Krystal giggled at the sight. " You look ridiculus." Krystal admitted. " Why you look so dashing." Amber sarcastically replied. Krystal stuck her tongue out in reply. Their laughter died down as they took deep breaths.


Amber then stood up. She reached her hand out for Krystal as Krystal took it. " Theres this place I wanted to show you before I leave." Amber said as they walked. Krystal's smile turned to a frown as she remembered yet again that Amber was leaving. Amber let go of their hands as she took a bike that was tied to a street lamp. " Is that yours?" Krystal asked as Amber sat on the front. " I'm already seated on it. Do you still need to ask?" Amber jokingly said.


Krystal rolled her eyes at her sarcasm. She sat down at the little space at the back of the bike, though it was small. Krystal fit just right. " Hold on to me." Amber said. Krystal nodded and wrapped her arms around Amber's waist. " You better hold tight cause I'm gonna go fast." Amber said. She didn't wait for Krystal to reply as she sped off.


" Yaaaaaaaaaaah! You should have warmed me!" Krystal shouted. " I'm in a hurry! We might not reach it!" Amber shouted back. Krystal stayed silent as she took in that she was hugging Amber. This is yet the closest they've been. Krystal noticed that they were heading to a forest. Amber stopped as she got off the bike and helped Krystal. 


" Your just leaving your bike there?" Krystal questioned, pointing at the bike. " This is the forest, no ones going to steal my bike. Unless its a bear that knows how to use a bike." Amber jokingly said as they ran through the woods. After a few turns, they reached their destination. They reached a cliff, just like in the lion king. Krystal was awed at the sight before her.


She could see the beach from where she was, it is a really beautiful sight with the waves and the sand. Shells that were shining because of the reflection of the sun, making the sand look sparkling. " Hey! Sit down beside me." Amber said, patting the space beside her. Krystal sat down. " So is this the surprise?" Krystal asked.


" No, its just starting." Amber said as she pointed at the sun. Krystal was once again at awe. The sun was setting, it was just breath taking. " Beautiful." Krystal whispered. Amber looked at her and smiled. " Yeah." She said. Krystal took her gaze away from the sun and looked at Amber. " Yeah, I almost forgot. You never gave me anything." Krystal said.


Amber laughed, " Well, what do you want?" Amber asked. " Something that reminds me of you every time I think of it." Krystal answered. Amber furrowed her brows in thought. " Aha! I got it!" Amber said. Krystal looked at Amber expectantly. Amber pointed at the setting sun. " Just look straight." Amber said.


Krystal stared at the sun, she smiled. 'The sun, huh?' Krystal thought. " Now close your eyes." Amber instructed. Krystal looked at Amber with furrowed brows. " Why the heck should I do that?" Krystal asked. Amber blew her hair and puffed her cheeks. " Just do it will you?" Amber said.


Krystal pouted but closed her eyes none the less. " What now?" Krystal asked. She got worried when she didn't hear a reply. " Amber?" Krystal called. " Don't worry, I'm here." Amber said. Krystal was surprised when she felt Amber's breath on her lips. She opened her eyes.


Amber smiled at her before pressing her lips on Krystal's. Krystal was beyond shocked. Amber leaned out and shyly smiled at Krystal. Krystal let her hand touch her lips. She then looked at Amber. " It was your first kiss, right?" Amber said, a ting of pink on her cheeks. Krystal who was speechless nodded.


Amber showed her dorky smile. " Congratulations Krys. You finally graduated." She leaned forward, letting their foreheads touch. Staring into their eyes. Krystal closed hers. Amber had her eyes on Krystal's lips, tempted to feel them again. So she leaned in and kissed her again.


Krystal responded to the kiss, she let her hands roam around Amber's hair, massaging her scalp as their lips moved in sync. Amber leaned out, only for Krystal to catch her lips again. They both leaned out. Amber smiled. " You wouldn't probably forget me." Amber said.


" I don't think I will." Krystal said, a husky laugh escaping her lips. Krystal sat straighter, adjusting her position for her to lean her head on Amber's shoulder. " You know, this is the best remembrance I ever received." Krystal said as she kissed Amber's cheek.