School

School

For the tedious amount of hard work they require him to do, there are times when he feels like the world isn't kind enough to give him an extra credit. The crippling hours he spends with his back hunched over stacks of papers and bloodshot eyes and five cups of coffee quickly become his routine, yet there is no tone of gratitude whatsoever, and he starts to believe that those groups of small people with not-so-small power might be tricking him.


He is disappointed, for sure. He almost jumps off that slippery slope with the amount of stress that has finally taken its toll on him, his aching limb and sleep-deprived brain gnaw into his very core. It happens too often that he feels like being taken for granted, all of these things are for nothing. How can they expect him to finish this kind of job that leaves him penniless, to think about logic and science and the world, how to solve trivial problems, he doesn't even want to know. It's a pointless argument, how weird it is to state that his time is too precious to be spent for a system that takes up half of his life and freedom, how people will label him as a total douchebag for abandoning the conformity of unwritten rules that is school. Rebellion seems very tempting.