Boyfriend & Best Friend

Boyfriend & Best Friend - Niel ft Beta

The sun cast down on the green leaves, basking a shadow onto the grass and the stone wall that held separated the trees and grass from the concrete and asphalt. This place was where your two best friends and you always hung out after your schedules. A place where you could relax and spend hours playing and laughing with each other.

Niel walked from practice, his backpack hung on his shoulder while his hands slid into his pockets while his thumbs stuck out. A gentle breeze blew past, lifting his hair off of his warm forehead, but his mind was heavy with thoughts of you. Looking up at the sun, he smiled at how warm its embrace was and made him think of your hugs and your laughter.

Niel knew that he liked you, but he wanted to timing to be right for him to confess. Walking over to the stone wall, he leaned against it while he watched the people pass, the soft shadows of the leaved danced over his skin while the breeze played tag with the leaves in the trees.

Beta just got finished with a friendly game of frisbee in the park behind the stone wall. Throwing the disk into the air and catching it, he giggled to himself while he figured out some more new tricks to show to you when you came by a little later.

"Niel is that you?" Beta called catching Niel’s attention and turning his body around to the grass park behind him.

"Hey what’s going on?" Niel asked turning around, facing Beta.

"I was just about to ask you the same thing." Beta released a little laugh before sitting on the grass while flipping the Frisbee between his fingers.

"I am just waiting for _______." Niel said casually.

"Ah man, me too!" Beta beamed a smile while Niel felt threatened. "What were you going to tell her or show her or whatever?"

"Well… I was going to ask her a question." Niel responded while playing with his phone between his hands.

"What is the question?" Beta hung on his every word becoming even more curious about what you were going to ask his crush.

"I… well… I wanted to take her somewhere…" Niel said not wanting to spill anything more. "What were you going to show her when she came?" Niel quickly changed the subject.

"Oh, you wouldn’t believe what I can do now!" Beta got up and showed Niel some of his tricks that he made up.

With a new book in your arms, you swung it gently while readjusting the shoulder strap on your bag. Walking along the sidewalk, you turned and noticed your best friends, Niel and Beta talking together while Beta played with his Frisbee and Niel clapped for him once he was done with a trick. A smile sprung onto your face just seeing those two amazing guys.

Cautiously crossing the street, you smiled walking a little closer to them. Watching Beta’s tricks and Niel clapping for him giving him some occasional tips.

"Hey guys!" You called, shuffling your book to your non dominant hand and just waited for Beta to come over and wrap you in one of his hugs that he always did when he saw you.

”______-ah!” Beta called, dropping his Frisbee and ran to you, jumping off the wall and wrapping you in a big, tight hug.

"Hey Beta." You patted his back while looking over at Niel, who got up from the stone wall.

"I have something to show you." Beta whined happily, pulling away from the hug.

"Okay, I would love to see it." You acknowledged him while the two of you walked over to the wall. Beta hopped up and grabbed his Frisbee, warming up before showing you his tricks.

"Hi, Niel." You smiled at him, he smiled back.

"Hey." Niel nodded his head and started to feel a little nervous of what he was about to do.

"Niel, did you want to ask your question to _______-ssi or did you want me to show her my tricks first?" Beta questioned Niel.

"You go first." Niel replied a little down.

"Okay!" Beta gets up. "Now watch this!" He happily shows you all of his tricks, you happily watch and ‘oh’ after each one.

"What did you think of it?" Beta asks you, sitting down next to you.

"You are really good! I would love to play Frisbee with you one day!" You patted his shoulder as he beamed brightly at your comments.

"Niel, your turn." Beta happily cooed next to you.

"O-Okay." Niel nods while your attention turns from Beta to Niel.

"C-Can we get some ice cream?" He offers, rubbing his hands together.

"Sure, that sounds great!" You smiled and stood up with Niel.

"I’ll stay here and practice a little more, you two go on ahead." Beta says while Niel pulls his backpack over his shoulders.

The two of you walk away while Beta goes back into the park to try and find another person to play with.

"That wasn’t the only question you wanted to ask me, was it?" You asked softly looking over at him while to two of you walked over to the ice cream kart.

"No, but let’s get ice cream first then we can talk." He says looking up at the many flavors trying to choose one.

With your mind made up on your favorite flavor, you ordered and he ordered after you, with the cones made and you holding both of them while he paid, you stole a of his without him looking. Once he paid for the treat, you handed the cone back to him and he saw your lip mark on the ice cream and he just giggled at you.

"Why didn’t you just ask if you wanted a little ?" He questioned playfully, while you shrugged your shoulder. The two of you started walking towards your apartment.

"What was the question you wanted to ask me?" You your cone again a little curious on what he had wanted to ask you.

"It is kind of silly…" He munched on the cone part since all of his ice cream was gone.

"I don’t mind." You your ice cream again, looking over at him but this time he stopped in his tracks and you stood in front of him.

"You may not know this but… I like you… I think that you are super pretty and just amazing, for lack of better words." His eyes moved around carefully but his lips stood apart while he watched your fingers gently move over the cone. "Will you be my girlfriend?"

"N-Niel…" You called his attention back to you. The emotion in his eyes were deeper than you have ever seen, your heart picked up its pace, hitching your breath, your grip tightened around the cone while you heard the cone crack under your hold. His eyes watched you for a moment while your heart lead your actions causing you to nod.

"I would love to be your girlfriend." You replied with a smile pulling on your lips. Niel beamed happily before walking once again, with you by his side he lead you up to your front door and stopped you once again.

"This is for you then." He pulled out a little package from his pocket with a Ring Pop inside.

"A Ring Pop?" You chuckled while taking it.

"I actually have a real ring for you." He said taking out another ring from his pocket. Holding out your hand, he slid the ring onto your finger.

"Thank you Niel." You leaned in and kissed him on the cheek.

"You’re welcome, thank you so much for saying yes." He laughed making you laugh too.

"My pleasure." You smiled and waved at him before you headed back to your place.

Beta was playing in the park a few days later, a group of three other guys had joined him while they threw the Frisbee around between them.

"Hey did you hear about ________-ah?" One of the guys brought up.

"What about her?" Beta asked becoming more curious with your name in the conversation.

"She has a boyfriend now." Another guy said in their circle.

"Who is he?" Beta asked barely catching the Frisbee that was aimed at him.

"Tiel? Miel?" The last guy tried to pronounce the name right.

"I think his name was Niel." The first guy corrected. Beta let the Frisbee drop from his hold and it bounced against the ground.

"I-I have to go somewhere, it was nice playing with you guys!" Beta threw his Frisbee at the guys letting them continue while he ran to your place.

A pounding on the door interrupted your story, whining in annoyance you tried to read a few more sentences of the intense scene that was playing out between the white pages and the black printed letters.

A few more pounding knocks later, you flipped your book over on the couch and skipped over to the door.

"Hi Beta, what’s up?" You asked once you pulled the door away to reveal who was knocking for you.

"Can we talk?" His voice was really quiet with his eyes not meeting yours, his hands fiddled with each other while his toe dug into your mat at your front door.

"Sure, why don’t you come in." You offered, opening up your small one room apartment for him. He walked through the door and took off his shoes while he played with the fringe on the bottom of his shirt.

”________, I heard, well I mean I don’t mean to pry but I just wanted to see if it was true…” Beta started tripping over his words a little bit before becoming quiet.

"Yes?" You urged him on to get to his point.

"D-Do you have a…. b-boyfriend?" He asked you taking all the courage that he had and looked you into your eyes.

"Y-Yes" You replied a little shyly.

"Is it with Niel?" Beta almost cringed at the sound of his name. You nodded your head to his question and the twinkling of your ring on your finger gave it all around.

A still, quiet, silence wrapped around the two of you, just standing there face to face. Beta stood there just staring at the ring wrapped around your finger, the green monster of jealousy began to grow inside of him while his hands balled into fists and his knuckles turned white before he lunged at you and grabbed your hand pulling you outside.

"Beta? Where are we going?! Let me go!" You asked trying to pull away from his tight hold, but you couldn’t he was too strong for you and you knew it, but that didn’t mean that you stopped resisting him.

Dragging you along behind him, your feet tried to dig into the concrete to make him stop but it was no use. Getting to the high school nearby, he found an open door and lead you inside. Pulling you along, he went down the music corridor and flung you into a sound proof room and locked the door. 

"Beta! Let me out!" You cried while banging onto the door, but no matter how hard you tried you didn’t think that he could hear you. Pulling out your phone you quickly typed to Niel.

Help! Beta has me trapped in a Practice Music Room at the school, please hurry.

Leaning on the door, you saw the bare skin of his arms under his tank top as he looked up and down the hall seeing if anyone was coming. With no one in sight, he opens the door and slides through the crack before closing the door just slightly.

"What do you want Beta?" You coldly retorted.

"Why did you say yes to him?" Beta asked softly with almost a child like tone.

"He asked me." You stated simply.

"But why?” He exaggerated the last word a little more.

"He told me that he liked me and gave me compliments." You looked at him softly stating.

"But what if I liked you?" He moved his eyes away from yours and leaned against the wall once again.

"If?" You asked tilting your head to one side with a confused look on your face. He let out a sigh and bit his lip harshly before letting his teeth release his lip before he looked at you.

"I like you, ________." He took a step towards you and you looked into his eyes. Seeing the same thing you saw in Niel’s eyes you felt the stinging tears crawl into your eyes. Looking away from him, you nodded.

"You didn’t want me to be with Niel so you kidnapped me and made me yours." You started to put the pieces together.

"I haven’t made you mine yet." He whispered softly to himself, but in one fluid movement, he wrapped his arms around you and pressed his lips on yours.

But the feeling of this kiss was different from your previous relationships, it felt like you were kissing your brother. There was no fireworks or sparks, no racing heartbeat, nothing.  Pulling away from the kiss he looked up at you and you just looked at him with wide eyes. The hope that he held in his heart soon shattered from the look on your face.

"I guess I am not yours, I’m sorry for taking one of your kisses away." He backed away from your slowly, you watched him while he hit the wall with his back and slid down.

Just then the door flew open and there stood Niel, with his wind swept hair, his sharp breaths that pushed his chest up and down. Peeking his head inside the door he found you on one side with Beta on the other. Walking through the door, he ran over to you and wrapped you in a hug.

"Are you okay?" He asked softly while you were in his arms. Nodding against his chest, you wrapped your arms around him while Beta just stared at the two of you.

"Niel, you have a great girl. I hope that you will treat her well." Beta remarked with tears pooling into his eyes.

"I will." Niel turned to Beta and gave him a little smile. You released Neil from your arms and walked over to Beta and knelt before him.

"Beta, I might be Niel’s girlfriend, but I will never stop being your best friend and you will never stop being mine." You reassured him by placing your hand on his shoulder.

"What if he dumps you?" Beta asked trying to hold in his tears.

"Then you can beat him up for me." You smiled at Beta, helping him up from sitting on the floor, you gave him a side hug before Niel slid his hand through yours and your arm through Beta’s.

"What would you two say if we went out for a snack? I’m buying." You offered while the guys couldn’t refuse. Walking out hand in hand and arm in arm, the three of you smiled and laughed like nothing happened, but knowing that two great guys had your back and that they thought of you highly enough for you to be their girlfriend was an honor that you were going to take with you and hold in your memories forever.