Chapter 1.5

Taking the leap

After two hours of the table read, Dong Wook and Jihyo knew what was to come.

Filled with expectations, everyone said their thanks to each other bowed and left the room. 

Being her usual mong self, Jihyo walked out of the room after her manager while Dong Wook was still preocupied talking to Seulong. 

Dong Wook's pov

"Seulong-ah, this is gonna be fun." Dong Wook said

"Hyung, you're gonna have to help me out here. I'm excited yet, nervous!" Seulong said, looking around at the production team who were still lingering about, discussing. 

"Nervous with acting only eh? I heard that you have no romantic conquest in this one. No wife, nor a lover pining for your affections." Dong Wook jokingly replied.

"Yah Hyung, about that, I'm pretty jealous about it. You get Jihyo noona chasing after you, the head bandit's daughter following you about like a lovesick puppy. All I get is an evil stepmother. Pft, who's the idol here." Seulong pretended to be miffed about it. 

"Why? Do you have your eye on anyone so far? You do know that this is the first table reading?" Dong Wook raised his eyebrow.

"Well.... If you want my honest opinion, not that I'm insinuating anything, Jihyo noona is really pretty. I've heard Nickhun talk about her last time after he filmed running man with them. You did too right hyung? Eh no wonder the two of you look so familiar with each other." Seulong replied.

"Isn't Jihyo abit too old for you Seulong-ah" Dong Wook said while sulking a little.

"Wae hyung? Don't tell me that one trip to Macau stirred up some feelings within this heart of yours? I've always liked Jihyo noona, I watched her with Il-Gook Hyung and Lee Jong Hyuk-si on Crime Squad, watched her on Running Man and met her sometimes when she used to Emcee for Inkigayo. She's really pretty hyung" Seulong replied while recollecting his memories. 

"Yah!! What are you talking about! Jihyo is just a friend and colleague. And you better not think about her too much little boy." Dong Wook said with a dimissive wave. 

"Little boy. Yah hyung, have you not watched the news? My chest was all over it. Maybe Hyung if you worked out with me, Jihyo noona might notice you. hahaha" Seulong . 

"Yah yah yah!! I've already said it. Anyway I've got to go, see you at the filming!" Dong Wook hurriedly changed topic and tried to leave.

"Its okay Hyung, we both know about it now. I promise not to tell her anything if you treat me to a meal. See you hyung!" Seulong bowed and turned to his manager and they both left the room. 

Dong Wook shook his head and muttered to himself "this kid and his imagination. He better not get any strange ideas, I don't feel anything special for her no matter what they say. I don't. Right?". 

 

Jihyo's pov

"Ah I forgot all about it!" Jihyo mentally cursed herself. 

"Yah Noona! You promised me!" Gwangsoo childishly stamped his feet on the ground.

"Ah mianhe, I forgot to tell you that I had a table read today. But yah! Its all because of you making me drink last night which made me late this morning" Jihyo chided while searching for her keys. 

"Oh! How was it noona? Anyone I know?" Gwangsoo grinned behind her. 

"Oh, just Lee Dong Wook, 2AM's Seulong, Park Ji-young si and more" Jihyo said turning the knob on the door and entered the room. Opening it wide enough for Gwangsoo to also enter. 

"Oh! Dong Wook hyung! I like him, he's friendly and doesn't bully me like you and the hyungs" Gwangsoo teased Jihyo.

"Yah! If you like him so much, ask him to go with you to eat then. I didn't promise you anything anyway" Jihyo huffed and dropped herself on the couch. 

"Ah mianhe noona. Can you quickly go change and do whatever so that we can quickly leave to eat? I'm hungry!" Gwangsoo pleaded with her"

"Arraso, I'm hungry too. Give me a moment." Jihyo grumbled and dragged her body towards her room.