Final

Fetus and s

"It will be on the weekend."

"Huh?"

"Lee Sungyeol. You have your damn ears so please use it according to its purpose." Myungsoo sighed. He wondered where in the world did he find the patience to be around the tall boy. It was always like this. Myungsoo had to repeat everything and most of the time, it would be from the very beginning. Why was he even asking him? He could go alone to that family gathering, right?

Oh, yes.

WRONG.

He knew no one on the guest list his mother sent him days ago. As she said, "Myungsoo, the least you could do as a host is to BE in this gathering and recognize their faces." And.. He didn't have the slightest idea on how to socialize except staring at someone and creeping the hell out of them with his blank cold stares. He was best in doing these: staring, ignoring and not giving a damn about anyone around him. The all-black get-up he would always wear completed the gothic look. Sungyeol even thought he was really a Goth just minus the piercings and charcoal lines around his eyes.

"What I was saying minutes ago was that I want you to come with me to my family gathering on the weekend."

"Geez. You could have told me that earlier." Sungyeol rolled his eyes as he focused back on the Sudoku on his lap.

"That was what I was saying earlier if you only listened!"

"What? Listen to your essay when you could put it all in one sentence which you just did?"

"Yeol!"

"Okay. Okay. I will. There better be a vast amount of food. Oh, I looove gatherings. Free food."

----

Myungsoo was pacing around his room, the heel of his shoes hitting the wooden floor boards, creating irritating sounds to Sungyeol's ears. Their guests would start arriving anytime soon.

"Will you please stop moving around, L? It's making me dizzy."

Myungsoo stopped and stared directly into Sungyeol's eyes. It sent shivers all over Sungyeol's body. Weird. Myungsoo's stares never affected him before; actually, it only started doing so lately. Sungyeol could not also ignore the weird feeling in his stomach every time Myungsoo laughs or beams a smile towards him.

"And t-that! Stop that! You're such a creeper!" Sungyeol found it hard not to blush when Myungsoo tilted his head to one side and harbored a confused look on his face. It was adorable. Wait. Did he just say adorable? Myungsoo? Adorable? Heh. Never in a hundred years,,,or more!

"Eh?"

Sungyeol snapped out of his high school girl trance. "Staring. Stop staring as if you're sacrificing them to the demons."

Myungsoo only stared even longer just to tease the guy on his bed until the guy himself threw a pillow on his direction. Myungsoo laughed heartily only to be stop midway as his mother called them down.

"Showtime!" Sungyeol stood and cleared his suit of possible dirt from Myungsoo's bed.

----

Myungsoo greeted everyone with a shy smile. Others complimented him of how handsome he had become as the last time they saw him he was just a toddler. Others even made some small talk with him, but the total social freak that he was, he couldn't pick up with the pace of the conversation so he always excuse himself saying that he had to help his mother or something.

After Myungsoo got away from the grasp of an aunt who happened to be a distant cousin of his father, he spotted Sungyeol talking to two kids on the couch. Talking was not the right term. They were arguing? No, debating. Myungsoo took the sit beside Sungyeol who barely noticed him sitting as the choding was so caught up in the heated conversation with the two kids who aged around 11 or 12. They were probably his cousins or niece and nephew, whatever.

"But the chicken was first created by a Supreme Being before the eggs." The raven-haired boy said with matching hand gestures to make his point.

"Of course not! Where do chickens come from?" Sungyeol asked, face was slightly pink. Probably the conversation had been going on long before Myungsoo arrived.

"The egg." The girl answered hesitantly.

"Exactly! So the egg came first before the chicken." Sungyeol said as if ending the conversation with his words. But to his utter disappointment, the two kids wont just give up that simply.

"Do you have any proof that it was indeed the egg that came first?" The boy asked with a raised brow. The girl beside beside him chuckled a bit before leaning in to his brother's ears to whisper something.

"Hey! Don't cheat!" Sungyeol pointed an accusing finger at the two kids opposite him. This time, Myungsoo didn't stop himself and laughed at Sungyeol's red face. One really could not judge someone's look. Who would think that the 170 something centimeter namja in a crisp black suit would argue against kids which could be ten years younger than him, about which came first with the egg and chicken?

"L!" Sungyeol glared at Myungsoo and the latter just shrugged his shoulder, not really sorry for laughing at his expense. It was pretty obvious that Sungyeol was losing the little debate, but still goes on he did. "You don't need proof. Use your common sense, for pete's sake!"

"But our teacher told us that chicken came fi--"

"Then your teacher is wrong and apparently lacks common sense! Heh, why was she even allowed to teach?" Sungyeol had the smuggest look on his face. Arrogance was overflowing out of him like the rays of sun.

"But she is a licensed professional and knows what she is talking about. And what are you, hyung?"

Well that washed away the smug look Sungyeol had just had a while ago. It also inclined the chubby-cheeked man to ask Myungsoo's help via telepathy...which was really immature, not to mention impossible.

"Pshh. License is not enough!" Sungyeol snapped as he stood and grabbed Myungsoo along the way. Myungsoo was laughing like a maniac for Sungyeol losing on such an absurd topic and they were kids who Sungyeol lost to. Kids who were pretty witty for their age.

"Stop laughing!" Sungyeol shouted at his face when he dragged Myungsoo outside the house. They were now sitting on one of the plastic benches put up around the large tree on the Kims's wide lawn.

Myungsoo couldn't stop laughing. It was still hilarious. The look on Sungyeol's face when he left the two kids would be forever etched on his memory. It was a waste he failed to capture it on camera. He was still chuckling and Sungyeol turning his back on him when he started speaking.

"Seriously, Yeol? What went into your brain and had that debate?" Myungsoo was sincerely wondering, though with a bit of mock in there.

"Shut up! Just shut up and stop laughing like a retard!" Sungyeol was embarrassed more than anything else. That was why he was taking out his embarrassment to no other than his best friend. He had no other option, as if he could snap at those kids inside.

"Is this the look of a retard? Well then you have here a very handsome retard." It was never Myungsoo's way to boast his looks. But tonight was an exception. He just loved teasing the other guy.

"I said shut up. Arghhhhhhhh!" Sungyeol faced Myungsoo as he screamed just enough for the both of them to hear. Instead of shutting up like how Sungyeol wanted Myungsoo to do, the latter laughed even more. Myungsoo was clapping his hands and was stomping his feet on the ground, if only the poor patch of grass could have done something to avoid Myungsoo's feet.

Sungyeol was embarrassed. That was before. Myungsoo's constant mocking at him turned his embarrassment to anger. Sungyeol was now mad. How could his best friend laugh at him when he should be comforting him?! Only one way to stop him laughing: kiss him.

Sungyeol cupped Myungsoo's face and crashed their lips together. The mere touch of lips sent bolts of electricity down their bodies. Both had no idea how long they stayed frozen until Sungyeol broke away.

"H-Hah. T-that made...you..s-shut up!" Sungyeol stuttered, trying real hard to convince himself that it was just to shut him up.

Myungsoo, on the other hand, enjoyed the contact. He had liked his best friend for he had no exact idea how long. It was his feelings for the tall guy that kept him around for as long as Sungyeol would allow. He had no guts to voice it out..yet. Later maybe. He had to check the water first. And Sungyeol kissing him was a start. Sungyeol had a lot of options at hand to shut him up, but why kiss? Heh.

"You're such a giant fetus, Yeol. You're not just a child, a fetus. FETUS." Myungsoo laughed heartily as Sungyeol glared at him, red from his neck to the tip of his ears.

"Pshh! Shut up! Truth be told, your dimples look like s!"

Myungsoo only laughed harder.

He wont have this relationship in any other way.

Or maybe a step further would be nice.