Sica's Unsaid Words

The sleepover

Jessica's Point of View:

 

 

"Hey! Let me borrow some of your pillows!"

 

I grumpily told her as her takes all of the pillows away from me. She chuckles as she see me getting impatient.

 

"No. No, no, no. I'm going not going to give you one because I'm using all of these." She retorted as she looks at the growing frustration in my face.

 

"Use them all?! You have 6!"

 

"You want a pillow? I can be your pillow." She answered teasingly with her smile beaming proudly.

 

That smile.

 

That charming smile that took my breath away when i first saw it.

 

And still, it does have the same effect on me whenever I see it.

 

"What the--?!" I told her as my eyes grew bigger.

 

"No! Just let me have one please? I can't sleep without a pillow."

 

"Oh come on. You did it once. You fell asleep on my arms--"

 

"That was an accident!" I cut her off.

 

"Oh really? You don't remember it? Indenial queen!" She answered quickly.

 

"I'm not denying it, it's just that I wasn't aware that I did it."

 

True indeed. I was so asleep that I was not aware I fell asleep in her arms that night. I thought I was hugging a pillow. And the next thing I know when I woke up, I was still hugging a pillow.

 

Or maybe, it's just that my subconscious mind is really that strong.

 

I have always wanted to hug her.

 

I have always imagined sleeping in her arms, cocooned in her warm embrace...

 

And I have always wondered what it feels like to kiss her lips.

 

"Then let me be your pillow."

 

Wait. What?

 

It's like everything went in slow motion.

 

"Hey." She said to call my attention. Well, it was enough to help me snap out of my trance and regain my composure.

 

I looked at her with eyebrows furrowed. "I'm not gonna invade your personal space again. What happened was very much embarassing already. Your sister had seen it." I answered back. Few nights ago, she told me that her sister asked her if there's something going on between us.

 

"My arm hurts." She told me as she tries to massage them.

 

I looked at her, "What happened to your arm?"

 

"I don't know exactly but when i woke up they are hurting already."

 

I apologetically looked at her because I don't know what to do to make her feel better.

 

"My sister asked me what's going on between us by the way." She looked at me with a mischievous smile.

 

My eyes grew wider. "Well? What did you tell her?"

 

 "So when she asked me, 'So what's going on between the two of you?' And I told her, 'Nothing. We're just friends.'"

 

"Uh-huh. Then what happened?" I said like a child full of excitement, anticipating her story.

 

"Well, she told me, 'Friends? She's sleeping in your arms hugging you and you tell me you're just friends?!' Yeah, they said they saw you sleeping in my arms."

 

"Wait, Who slept in your arms?" Did I hear it right?

 

"You! Silly."

 

"Woah wait, what did you just say?"

 

She paused for a while.

 

"Yeah I remember it now! Yes you fell asleep in my arms. You must be drunk so you weren't aware that you did it--"

 

"I wasn't drunk!" I denied.

 

"Then you did it on purpose?" A smile was forming in her lips.

 

Oh no, wrong answer. Bigger problem. I think my face just went red tomatoes.

 

"N-no!" For the Nth time, I was trying to deny her accusation.

 

Then a brief silence.

 

"But yes you did hug me. Ask them if you want to. They saw it." She said as she flashed her toothy grin. A victorious one.

 

"..."

 

Oh my God.

 

I did.

 

I did hug her.

 

"Hey. Hello?" Again, she called my attention which ended my flashback moment.

 

I shook my head. I need to be firm. "I'm not gonna hug you again. I need a pillow."

 

"Even if I permit you to do so? Oh come on. As if other people doesn't hug me. What's wrong with that?"

 

"Because it's an invasion of personal space."

 

Because I'll end up falling in love with you. Or did I already fall?

 

And that's the very own problem with me. I don't know how to label my emotions and I don't want to wake up one day and realize that I'm already in love with her like I didn't see it all coming.

 

But it won't happen like I didn't see it coming.

 

Because the problem is that she can effortlessly make me fall in love with her.

 

"Even if I allow you to?"

 

Wait, to what was the question for again? She'll allow me to fall in love?

 

I just looked at her innocently. Mainly because I'm lost in the conversation.

 

"No malice." She added.

 

"I-I know. I'm not saying it has."

 

"Nothing? Hey kiddo, I know you like me."

 

"What? No!"

 

"Oh really. I know you like me. That's why we're friends. I didn't say you like-like me. Why so defensive?" She laughed at me not being able to keep up with the conversation and being caught off guard.

 

"Just let me have one."

 

"No, you can't."

 

I frowned. But being stubborn that I am, I made an attempt to snatch a pillow from her. I took a grip in one of the fluffy stuffs but as she saw me pulling one, she countered my attempted move by pulling it back. Unfortunately, she was way more stronger than me. But as I said, I am stubborn. So I made another try, and another, and another to get a pillow from the bunch of it she's keeping away from me. But whenever I am a breath away from success, she pulls back every single pillow that I can take until I felt tired with the endless cycle. In the end, I am still the poor pillowless person in the bed.

 

I frowned and she laughed at my childish manner.

 

"Weak." She said as she teases me.

 

I just sighed and surrendered myself to the bed and laid there accepting the fact that I won't be able to rest my head in a fluffy object that I wanted to get earlier. She looked at me, still laughing at my surrender but I didn't look back at her. I focused on the television in front of us instead completely ignoring her. "Forget it." So there I was, lying in the bed, with no fluffly object in my head to give me comfort.

 

Then, there was silence.

 

"Hey."

 

Ignore.

 

"Heeeeeeeeey."

 

I just looked at her.

 

"Come here."

 

"What?"

 

"Come closer."

 

Closer. The word echoed through my brain.

 

She just told me to come closer to her.

 

"Why? I'm tired. Let me rest for a while."

 

"I know you got tired. That's why I'm telling you to come closer."

 

I just shook my head then returned my attention to the television. Then all of a sudden I felt a grip in my waist. She pulled me closer to her, making me rest in her shoulder. "Rest for a while. I'm sorry you got tired because of me." She said as she ran her fingers in my hair.

 

That soothing motion that she does which gives me the calming effect. And suddenly, my temper goes down. That's all it takes for her to make me calm.

 

Then, I felt my heartbeat getting stonger.

 

Lub-dub. Lub-dub.

 

Oh no.

 

"I-I'm fine thanks."

 

 

I said as I try to get out from her embrace. This is not good.

 

"You don't have a pillow. You can rest in my arms." She answered back.

 

Lub-dub. Lub-dub.

 

Oh please let go of me.

 

But I felt her grip got tighter. Geez, this lady is really strong.

 

"Please."

 

"You're funny." She said as she tries to contain her laughter. "Why do you look so scared of me? I'm not going to harass you, y'know."

 

"Your... p-personal ssssss... space!" I hardly said while giving a big effort to loosen her grip on my waist. "I don't wanna invade it!"

 

"If you're not gonna stop squirming, I'll kiss you!"

 

Wait, wait, wait. HWHAT?!

 

I halted.

 

Then after few seconds, I heard her laughing.

 

Oh no.

 

I'm not gonna be the underdog this time.

 

I gathered the strength to look at her straight, trying not to show any emotions. After awhile she stopped laughing and looked at me, trying to read my thoughts by looking straight back at me. But as seconds pass by, her lips are staring to form a straight line and those cresent eyes are starting to grow wider as she starts to look at me more serious. She's trying to read me, but she can't.

 

Gotcha.

 

"What did you just say ma'am?" I said sarcastically, still giving her a sharp, cold look.

 

 "I'll kiss you if you will not stop--" Then, with a swift motion, I went into her top, sat at her hips and held her arms above her head, I gently pressed my body againts hers, and slowly I lean closer to her, our lips inches away from each other. I smirked upon what I see.

 

Sweet surrender.

 

If she can only see her stunned face.

 

She was trying to avoid me kissing her by pressing her head back at her pillow.

 

"Say it again, baby." I said in a gentle, husky way.

 

Seduction.

 

The best hidden weapon of a woman by manipulating the latter through her charm.

 

"I-I w.. It was.. well.. I-I'm just kidding around. Let go of me now." She said in a firm voice.

 

"And you we're saying something like, uhm, kissing me?" I added as I was slowly trying to decrease the distance between our lips.

 

"Whatever happened to the playful Yuri awhile ago? Cat got ypur tongue?" I said authoritatively, feeling my moment of dominance. "I dare you Kwon Yuri." I said, my voice getting raspy. "Kiss me."

 

"Joke! It was only a joke!" She tilted her head sidewards as she shuts her eyes to avoid my lips. "Let go!"

 

And with that, I took my grip off her arms and I got up from her hips, and got back in the bed. "Sissy." I teased.

 

Sweet victory. I was smiling from ear to ear when she suddenly interupted:

 

"You're the one who's sissy."

 

"Me? Why?"I looked at her.

 

"I dared you to kiss me, remember? So where's that kiss?" And there goes her victorious grin, flashing it to me again.

 

Oh yeah, I remember that she was daring me to kiss her. But I told myself that no matter what happens, I'm not gonna do it. Unless it means kissing her back.

 

"I'm not gonna do it unless it means kissing you back." I compulsively blurted out my thoughts.

 

Yes. Intiation from her. That's what I want.

 

And as I think of what to say next, I felt her quickly placed her arms in my side, this time she in top of me but with more distance as our bodies aren't in contact, however a warm pair of lips touches mine.

 

Oh my God.

 

She just kissed me.

 

Firm.

 

Warm.

 

Felt being loved.

 

Euphoria.

 

Thoughts and emotions are getting mixed up as I feel her kiss, while I stay petrified. As if it is trying to deliever a message through my soul, or whisper something that made me feel alive once more.

 

Finally, the kiss I was waiting for that was long overdue.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A week after...

 

 

 

"So, sleepover in my place?"

 

"Sure. See you later babe."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The End.