Please cook for me

Please cook for me

”Andy!!” Junjin’s voice roared through their dorm.

”I’m hungry!!” the sound of doors opening and closing followed the words, he would find him soon.

“Cook for me! I’m starving!” he was right outside Dongwan’s room now, he would find him.

“Please! Andy! I’ll starve!” he was closer, it was only a matter of seconds before he would open the door, and even though Dongwan’s room was a good hiding spot, it wasn’t good enough to hide from a hungry Junjin.

“Andy! I’m dying, seriously dying! If you don’t cook for me, you’ll find a dead body lying in the kitchen!” he was ridiculous, really, trying to make Andy feel bad for wanting to be alone and sleep when he had the time. Actually, he was doing Junjin a favor by not answering, maybe then, Junjin could cook for himself, and not starve the day he has to live alone.

“Please!” the door opened, Junjin’s eyes searching the room frantically, suddenly stopping at the desk, he had seen him.

“There you are! How could you fall asleep under Dongwan hyung’s desk?” he was angling his head, laughing at Andy’s quirky behavior. Ah, yes, Junjin, he had definitely just fallen asleep, he definitely wasn’t hiding, at all…

“Oh, Junjin? Did you need me?” Andy decided to pretend he didn’t hear the last five minutes of Junjin’s frantic yelling. Why couldn’t he have gone with the hyungs? Sure he couldn’t go with Dongwan hyung to his radio show, but he could have joined the other three? Eric hyung was visiting a cousin, Junjin could have joined? Minwoo hyung and Hyesung hyung were shopping, they would for sure had let him join, so why did he have to stay and torture him with this?

“I do!” Junjin was using his aegyo voice, putting and flailing his arms, there was no doubt about what he was fishing for.

“Andy…” his voice was so sweet, was he even making it higher pitched? “I’m hungry…” he was slurring his words, like a baby “I need food…” he was hugging himself “now...” his pout got deeper “Or I’ll really die, Andy, die…” he whispered the last word, raising his eyebrows. Was he for real? How old was he? Acting like that?

“Oh? You are hungry? Well you are in luck then, I just filled the fridge” Andy smiled, voice cocky and firm, he knew that wasn’t what Junjin wanted to hear.

“No, I just checked it, there’s nothing” Junjin pouted again, and Andy was torn between vomiting and smiling, he couldn’t deny that he liked when he acted like that, at least towards him.

“No, Jinnie, not ready to eat food, but groceries, for you to cook with” Andy smiled with that, I sly smile, he knew this was annoying Junjin.

“But I can’t cook…” he whined, dropping to the floor “I’ll really starve if you don’t cook for me” he flailed around, bouncing on the floor, that guy, was he 5?

“Please cook for me” he tilted his head as he sent his best puppy look to Andy. It was cute, and Andy liked the attention, especially if he hadn’t been so damn tired, but he wasn’t changing his mind, he wouldn’t do all the work one more time, he already cooked for the hyungs.

“I won’t cook for you Jinnie…” Junjin immediately began pouting, eyes turning panicked, he was mouthing words now “die, I’ll die” seriously? That guy, why was Andy dating him?

“Look, I’ll make the rice for you then, and I’ll keep you company, is that a deal?” truthfully, he was getting hungry himself with all the food talk, and it had been a long time since they last ate.

“Yes! Thank you, thank you so much!” Junjin jumped up in a second, face bright and smiley. He grabbed Andy, pulling him up and into a hug, almost strangling him with the force, was he this happy for just rice?

“Ok, go to the fridge and take out the vegetables and wash them, you do know how to do that right?” Andy instructed, and Junjin nodded before running off to the kitchen. Andy took a deep breath before he followed him, god how he just wanted to sleep.

Junjin was at the sink, different vegetables surrounding him, some in the sink, others on the tabletop. He wasn’t bad at this, not right now at least, and Andy couldn’t help but smile at the sight of his boyfriend actually making his own food.

“Look Andy! Is this right?” he held up some mushrooms, they still had the roots on them, they were extremely clean and dirt free, he had probably washed them, but they had roots non the less.

“Ah, almost, don’t wash the roots, just cut them off and wash them then, you don’t normally see the roots in stews right?” Andy looked at him with a smile, and Junjin looked very concentrated, like he was studying a stew in his mind, seeing if it had mushrooms with roots.

“Just keep washing and peeling these, and I’ll turn the rice cooker on” Andy smiled before turning his back to his boyfriend, he couldn’t ruin too much in the time it took to measure the rice and water and flicking the switch.

“Andy!” the sound of metal hitting metal was heard, and Junjin’s yell of, was it fear?

Andy turned around, Junjin had thrown the peeler away, discarded it in the sink, and he was now holding one hand tightly with the other, looking at him with big eyes.

“What’s wrong Junjin? What happened?” Andy asked, voice slightly worried. Junjin removed his hand.

“Blood…” his voice was weak, but the hand showed no signs of blood, only a tiny scratch, he was trying to make Andy do all the work.

“Awww, poor baby, let’s get you a band aid, ok?” Andy patted Junjin’s arm, earning a smile and a nod from the older guy. “Then you can get back to peeling” he smiled, seeing Junjin’s smile fading quickly.

“I can’t peel anymore, I’ll bleed on the vegetables, and then it’ll be blood vegetables, and we can’t eat that!” Junjin stressed, talking in an extremely fast pace, voice panicked.

“No you won’t, the band aid will protect you, and it’s just a small scratch anyway” Andy laughed, hugging the pouting guy, when he tried getting out of something, he was such a kid.

Junjin had washed all of the vegetables now, they were all clean and pealed, ready to be cut, and that was where the problem was, cutting.

“Now, I’ll cut one, and you’ll look, and cut the rest, ok?” Andy looked at Junjin, he really felt like he was years older whenever they were in the kitchen, how could someone his age be so clueless?

Andy cut the carrot, slowly to make sure Junjin was following him, looking at him to confirm that he had seen every step of the process.

“Now, you do it” Andy nodded towards the taller guy, handing him the knife. Junjin gave him one last look of pleading before he stepped up to the vegetables and took a carrot in his hand.

He began cutting, slowly, clumsily, tongue slightly showing as he tried to concentrate.

“Jinnie? Let me help…” Andy stepped behind the taller guy, hands trailing their way to his hands, getting onto them, trying to control them as he gave instructions and advice on getting the vegetables to look their best.

“Andy?” Junjin’s voice was shy and uncertain.

“Mm?” Andy stopped the hands from cutting to focus on Junjin.

“You know?... we haven’t been this close for a long time… we’ve been busy…” Junjin sounded so solemn, but he was right, they hadn’t had much time alone lately, they practiced, and when they weren’t practicing, they ate or slept, not much time for just, hugging,

“That’s true…” Andy sighed, he didn’t know what else to say.

“I hope we never get done chopping these vegetables…” Junjin sounded cheerful, Andy knew he was smirking, he could hear it in his voice.

“But, wasn’t it you who would die if you didn’t get to eat now?” Andy questioned with a laugh, but it was cut short when Junjin dropped the knife and spun around, facing Andy and looking down at him, face serious.

“I can still get to eat… I’ll just eat you…” Junjin looked him in the eyes as he leaned in for a kiss, but Andy turned his head, blushing as hard as a tomato.

“I think we should get this stew done…” he trailed off, he didn’t know what to say, he was embarrassed, Junjin had been embarrassing, the words he had used, the meaning, Andy knew he couldn’t mean just a kiss. No, he wouldn’t go there, he was cooking, mind on cooking.

Andy picked up the knife and quickly sliced up the last couple of vegetables. It helped him calm down, it definitely did, until he felt Junjin’s arms going around his waist, what was he up to?

“Andy?...” he sang “Can’t we just stay like this and not cook?” he put his head next to Andy’s, resting it on his shoulder.

“Yah! One second you are starving and dying, and now you don’t even want to eat?!” Andy yelled, turning his head to look at his boyfriend, his changing mood always annoyed him.

“I still want food, I’m still starving, but I want you too, and I can’t hug you if I cook…” Junjin crooned, giving the sweetest smile he could muster. So that was what he wanted, he was trying to make Andy cook again, and he had succeeded with the vegetables, Andy had finished them all.

“I know what you are doing, don’t think I don’t… Ok, I was fooled for a second, but I know now, Junjin, you sneaky little bastard” Junjin looked hurt, confused, but Andy knew how to see through his façade, he was just sad that he had to cook again.

“If you get the meat out of the fridge and wash and cut it then I’ll make the broth, ok? Deal? A reward for making me fall in your trap” Andy tilted his head as he asked Junjin, earning a sly smile, Andy had been right that Junjin wasn’t truly hurt, he had known him for too long already to fall for that one, three years had taught him well.

Junjin was diligent with his meat assignment, washing and cutting it well, no complaints, and Andy was relieved that he got so much freedom to work on the broth, soon, they could eat that lunch they were craving for.

“Now, Junjin, just put everything in this pile in, and everything in this pile just before it’s done, ok?” Andy pointed and looked at Junjin as he nodded and smiled.

“But why can’t you do that?” Junjin asked, that earned him a punch on the arm from Andy.

“Because I already did so much! And I was supposed to be asleep now!” Andy yelled, looking up and down Junjin as he bemoaned his upper arm.

“And this way you can tell the hyungs that you cooked our lunch” Andy smiled, walking closer to Junjin, he was blushing again, looking at the floor to calm his heart, but it was hard.

He heard Junjin laugh slightly, mumbling something about cute, and then he felt arms around him, lifting him slightly from the floor, hugging him way too tight again.

“Thank you… I love you…” it was just a whisper, straight to his ear, the hot air tickling him, but, he didn’t need more than a whisper to blush harder.

“Now put in those ingredients before it burns…” Andy whispered back, after what seemed like minutes staying in Junjin’s arms. Junjin pushed off and gave him a smile, at least Junjin was just as red as him, it made it less embarrassing.

Junjin turned to the pot and began adding ingredients, and Andy made his way for the door, wanting to clean a spot in the living room for them to sit.

“Oh, and Junjin?...” Andy stopped at the door, Junjin turned to him with a confused look, ready to take in more information about cooking.

“I love you too…” he hid his face and ran out of the room, face burning up.

Andy had set the table, and the stew had to be done now, but Junjin wasn’t coming out of the kitchen, had something happened? Or was it the love confession that made it?

Andy was worried now, he had to check up on him, knowing Junjin, the kitchen could have exploded while he was gone.

“Junjin?...” Andy called, carefully, not wanting to disturb anything.

Junjin came running out of the kitchen at a great speed.

“Andy!? What is it!? You called!” Junjin looked panicked, why was he this way?

“Did I do something wrong with the stew!? Did I forget something !?” He approached Andy, still questioning.

“How would I know?...” Andy asked bemused, Junjin pulled a confused look, he was now right in front of him.

“I mean, I haven’t seen the stew, or tasted it… But it smells nice…” He smiled as Junjin calmed down and let his breath out. He then proceeded to take Andy’s hands in his, looking him deeply in the eyes.

“You smell nice…” he mumbled, not too loudly, but loudly enough for Andy to hear. He didn’t know if it was a joke or sincere, it could be both with that guy.

The door slammed then, the hyungs were home, or some of them were.

“We should go greet them…” Andy muttered, still staring at Junjin’s eyes, not making any attempt to move.

“We should…” Junjin answered, not moving his feet or eyes either, he was though, moving his head, downwards, closer to Andy.

“They wouldn’t like us not greeting them…” Andy muttered as he closed his eyes.

“No they wouldn’t…” That was the last words he heard before something soft and warm hit his lips, moving softly as hands got behind his head and pulled him closer to the man in front of him.

“Waaa Andy!! It’s some awesome stew you made!!” Minwoo hyung’s voice. They both startled and turned to the kitchen, there, in the door, was Minwoo hyung and Hyesung hyung, a bowl of stew each, eating away already.

“Yah, that’s ours!! We made it!” Junjin yelled as he let go of Andy and stormed towards his hyungs to save his lunch.

“What, we? You can’t cook Jinnie” Minwoo laughed as Junjin tried to take back the bowl of food.

“He can though, he made this all alone!” Andy yelled out, still feeling the extreme blush on his cheeks.

“Waaa, all alone? You’re getting so much better Jinnie! We should leave you home with Andy some more!” Hyesung put an arm around Junjin as he praised him and smiled, Andy’s eyes were mainly on Junjin’s proud face, smiling and mouthing a thank you his way.

 

 

AN/ I hope it wasn't too fail, I really tried, and I badly at this genre, I really do :(

But really, happy birthday dear Kath, and I hope you had a good day :D

And to everyone else, I'm so amazed you could read this, I need training in this fluff writing, I'd really appreciate feedback, on this, if it is as bad as I feel right now :P