Unexpected Surprise

Happy 26th Birthday, Jessica Jung!

Another year have passed and it's 18 April 2014. Soshi members were all busy preparing for their schedule. Yuri knows she can't slip off the chance this time round. Not hoping for anything and as usual, Jessica was the last one to wake up. 

 

"Yah! Jung Jessica! We are going to be late!" - screams Tiffany, the boss in charge of head counting. 

"Alright, alright! I'm going to wake up now!" - Jessica pulls herself out of bed and quickly prepares to join the others. 

 

Yuri will always be the one waiting for her when the other members got in the van first. And so after awhile waiting for Jessica, all of them head off for practice at their HQ which is SM building. Upon reaching the place, they check in and proceed with their practice for the upcoming Japan tour. 

 

Training hard, sweating like crazy, Jessica felt something was amiss. 

 

What's with them? Did they forget my birthday? Couldn't be right? Could it be that they are preparing something later?

 

All the funny negative questions playing in her mind, making her wonder. 

 

They just continue with practice and slowly Jessica shows her off mood behavior which caught Taeyeon's attention. 

"It's working" - Taeyeon whispers to Tiffany. 

"But I'm worried she might explode. From what I see, I guess our dearest ice princess is expecting" - Tiffany chuckles.

"Yuri ah, what did you prepare?" - Tiffany.

"I got her a ring but I'm nervous to be honest" - Yuri's cheeks that turns rosy pink after revealing her present. 


Aside Jessica's off mood, she felt all gloomy and thinking why her birthday feels like a normal day for the whole team. 

 

// 1 week ago //

 

Taeyeon texted the other members regarding Jessica's upcoming birthday. In their group chat ;

 

Tiffany: Cake! Strawberry cake ㅋㅋㅋ! Any other flavors?

Yuri: Yah ~~ can't we have chocolate cake instead?

Hyoyeon: Yeah, I'm in with Yuri. Chocolate cake.

Taeyeon: Aigoo this pink princess. Always with her strawberries. Okay then me and Tiff will get the cake.

Sooyoung: Venue? This is important ㅋㅋㅋ!

Sunny: Namsan Tower? Han River? Dorm?

Taeyeon: Okay rather than at our own dorm, let's do it at Namsan Tower. Maknaes?

Seohyun: I'll get the presents unnies.

Yoona: Me too! With Seohyun of course ㅋㅋㅋ. 

Hyo: I'll go with the kids and take care of them. 

Sunny: I will leave first and prepare the place with Sooyoung. 

Sooyoung: I'm going to buy the lock. 

Yuri: I will leave the practice room last, with Jessica. 

Taeyeon: ㅋㅋㅋ Alright done! But Yul, aren't you doing something?

Yuri: I guess I'm going to propose. 

Sooyoung: Wow~ so sweet!

Sunny: Kyaaaaa Yuri ah! That's great!

Yuri: In front of you guys?

Tiffany: Yes Yul, c'mon! How much longer are you going to wait?

Taeyeon: Just do it! Go go hwaiting!

Yuri: Aww man you guys! Only want to get free shows huh? ㅋㅋㅋ

Yoona: Just do it Yul unnie! Have confidence!

Yuri: Alright alright!~~~

Taeyeon: Yay okay done! HWAITING! 

All: HWAITING!

 

They got everything prepared. Only left to surprise the birthday girl. 

 

// Back to practice room // 

 

After a few rounds of rehearsing, they took a break and according to plan .. Sooyoung and Sunny left the practice room first. Followed by Taeyeon and Tiffany and then Hyoyeon, Yoona and Seohyun. Leaving Yuri and Jessica behind. Yuri kept her cool because it's just both of them in the room. She keeps on clearing because she can't imagine if both of them might end up doing something much more. 

 

"Yul ah~ why the other members left so early?" - the puzzled princess asks curiously. 

"They have other schedules I guess. Don't worry cause I'm going to be here with you" - Yuri coaxed her in case she finds out anything suspicious. 

"Yul, did you all forget today?" - Jessica raises a brow looking straight in Yuri's eyes, almost giving Yuri a death glare. 

"What's with today?" - Yuri pretends not to know, answering to Jessica's question directly. 

"Oh nothing" - Jessica replied in disappointment. 

To avoid getting more questions by the ice princess, "c'mon, let's wrap up" - Yuri.

"But it's only 7pm! Why the rush yul?" - Jessica still puzzled with the situation. 

"Could you do something for me?" - Yuri avoids the question again.

"What is it?" - Jessica. 

"Here, go change up to this black dress and don't ask anymore further questions. Is that clear?" - Yuri gave an order which made Jessica speechless.

"Okay.." - Jessica left to change. Yuri also went to change up in her classic black suit and golden tie. 


After changing, Yuri brought Jessica towards their car. Followed by sending a mass texts to the other members to inform them and quickly starts the engine and drove off heading towards Namsan Tower.

 

My gosh, KWON YURI! Why are you so hot! Damn Jessica, calm down and don't make it obvious!

 

Halfway through, the worried Jessica asks again,

"Yul, where are we going? This is starting to scare me" - Jessica starts to panic but keeping her eye on Yuri's outfit. 

Yuri just kept quiet, with her heart beating so fast, she just continues driving until they reach their destination. "Okay princess, here we are" - Yuri opens the door.

"Namsan Tower?" - Jessica. 

"Yes, may I assist you to the top floor princess?" - Yuri offers her hand. 

 

Jessica accepts it and they both took the lift up to the highest floor. 

"Okay princess, now close your eyes and no peeking. I will hold you, don't worry" - Yuri covers Jessica's eyes. 

 

Once they reach the top floor, the door opens and....

 

"SURPRISE! HAPPY BIRTHDAY OUR DEAREST ICE PRINCESS!" 

 

Jessica was so shocked that she can't even move. All her members were standing in front of her with presents and foods! Just them and no other tourists. She bursts into slight tears. 

"I thought you all forget about my birthday" - Jessica wiping off her tears. Which made Yuri went up to her and help her touch up so she can see her clear face. 

"Aww!" - soshi members were curling up looking at Yuri helping Jessica out.

"And who says we will forget our ice princess birthday! Of course we do remember! Let's all shower Jessica with a group hug!" - Tiffany caress Jessica's hair.

They did a group hug and proceed on with the cake cutting and enjoy themselves eating the foods that were prepared. 

 

After clearing up majority of the food, Yuri hold up her glass and getting everyone's attention. 

"Here we go ~" - Tiffany whispered out excitedly.

"Uhh I-I have something for Jessica" - Yuri stuttering at her words, which made Jessica finds it cute and giggling softly.

"Can I?" - Yuri offers her hands again, which made Jessica to stand in front of her. 

Slowly Yuri went down on her knees, "I know this might be crazy. At first when I get to know you, you have this cold princess image which I adore most. Your sparkling eyes which made my heart beat goes faster each day. Caring for you have become a habit that I'm always worried if you're sweating profusely, of course you need the air con. But nevertheless, I'm afraid you won't accept me for being this way. Even if it takes by distance, I promise that I will always be with you. Through thick and thin. I will always protect you. Because you're my daily dosage of happiness. I love you, Jessica Jung. Will you be my girlfriend?".

Jessica was so surprised because Yuri, the one whom she have a crush on actually have a crush on her. "Yes I do Kwon Yuri, I do!" - Jessica exclaimed in happiness. 

The other soshi members all clap their hands in excitement and joy! Chanting KISS KISS KISS! 

With then, Yuri and Jessica both lock lips under the beautiful moonlight. "You didn't tell me you have a crush on me you silly girl!" - Yuri pinched Jessica's nose.

"Don't say me, how about you! Always trying to clear your throat to avoid being so obvious" - Jessica laugh off at how Yuri being all dorky.

"I love you, Jessica Jung" - Yuri.

"I love you too, Kwon Yuri" - Jessica. 

 

Happy belated 26th birthday to our dearest ice princess! Grow up well you beautiful woman ; x 

Apologies if the story is very dry. Also, do support my upcoming Nine Muses fics! xoxo