Chapter 1: Atrial Fibrillation

Diseases of the Human Body

Atrial fibrillation: extremely rapid heartbeat (400-600 atrial beats/minute).

Symptoms: palpitations, irregular pulse, dizziness, chest pain.


2NE1's debut performance: May 17, 2009

Current time: 4.50 PM

Jung JinYoung’s eyes scanned the dance studio, tapping his foot impatiently. Was the dance practice over? Inkigayo would start in exactly 10 minutes. Did he dare sneak out?

“Hyung, gwenchanayo?”

Baro’s loud voice penetrated his train of thoughts. He glanced at the squirrel-like boy, a frown on his beautiful face.

“Why do you ask?”

“Aniyo, you look sort of constipated. I was wondering if you need to use the loo or something.” Baro furrowed his brow.

JinYoung brushed his sweatpants and stood up. “Are we done here? I need to go.”

For a short while, Baro was taken aback. Since when did the leader ever leave first? If anything, he would be the one forcing the rest of them to practice until late nights. Was Jung JinYoung in his right state of mind?

JinYoung turned away from Baro’s questioning gaze, mentally cursing himself. Since when did he say he needed to leave first? What was wrong with him?

Someone’s phone rang, and 2NE1’s debut song, Fire, resonated in the now silent dance studio. JinYoung’s head turned 180 degrees, frantically searching for the source. Even the sound of her voice excited him.  

“What time is it now?” He heard ShinWoo asked.

“Hyung, it’s only 5 and I’m already tired. Can’t we go home?” GongChan whined.

It was already 5?

Jung JinYoung cleared his throat. Should he tell them to take a break? But another moment here was another moment wasted watching TV and he could not afford that. After all, she would not wait for him.

Before anyone could stop him, he sprinted out the door and straight into the lounge room. He flipped through the channels until he found what he was looking for and waited. Jung JinYoung waited until she finally appeared on the large TV screen, capturing his heart and attention.

Drip. drip. Something rolled down the side of his mouth. It was wet, but it hardly bothered him. 

His eyes stayed glued on the TV screen. 

The fierce leader of 2NE1 captivated him. 

With starry eyes he studied her range of expressions on stage, marvelling at her level of extreme confidence.

Out of nowhere, his heart fluttered like atrial fibrillationHis heartbeat sped at the mere sight of her and his heart raced, almost as fast as a racing horse. His head was beginning to pound too. He felt dizzy just watching her.  

He was head over heels for the fierce leader of 2NE1, and she might not know it yet, but she was going to be his someday.

When he returned to the dance studio hours later, he found the other members sitting in a circle on the floor. He knew they were in a heated discussion before his arrival, but all conversation ceased to a halt as soon as he entered.  

He raised his eyebrow at them, wondering what they were up to. The playful smirk on ShinWoo’s face caught him by surprise. Something must’ve happened while he was watching TV.

SanDeul made his way over to him. What was that he was holding behind his back?

“What is it SanDeul?” JinYoung asked offhandedly.

“Tell me hyung, since when did you have a crush on 2NE1’s leader CL?” SanDeul grinned at him.

Jung JinYoung’s eyes widened a considerable amount. How did he know? He hadn’t told anyone!

“Your phone rang when you were out and I thought I should answer it for you.” SanDeul said, handing his phone back to him.

JinYoung groaned into his open hands.

Because CL’s face decorated his lock screen, wallpaper, and gallery. 


Chapter Posted on: April 20. 2014

Here's the first chapter! Hope you guys like it~ =D Thank you to my 4 subscribers who subscribed even without a chapter! ^^