ONE

The Decision

It’s seven o’clock and I finally make my way home from school. It’s days like these that make me dread not choosing an apartment downstairs. Jongin usually drives me home. But if he doesn’t get the car that day, he decides to take the bus with me and walk me all the way to my front door. It takes approximately 30 minutes to get home via public transportation. But when he’s with me, time goes by so fast I wouldn’t believe I actually live that far.

 

It’s definitely out of his way, too. His house is located in the opposite direction of my house. But he cares about me and wants to make sure I arrive home safely. It’s just one of the many things that I love about him. I feel safe whenever I’m with him.

 

Today, however, I came home from school on my own. Jongin had to leave school early and attend to some family business. His father owns a well-known company. Produced and nurtured it from it’s very birth. That already says a lot about how much his family makes. They’re well-off, to say the least.

 

Our one bedroom apartment is on the top floor. There’s only 3 floors but when you’re tired or you’re carrying a bunch of things or both, you’d wish life wasn’t so bad for you to even have to live there. But I chose the one on the top because it has the cheapest lease and it gives us more wiggle room to hang our clothes and do other things that the extra space allows.

 

If my dad was still here, I’m sure my mom and I wouldn’t have to live like this. We would at least be a bit more comfortable. Or maybe more than a bit.

 

I make my way up the stairs, cursing every step I take. It’s been a while since we’ve moved in. I should definitely be used to these stairs, but I’m not. At the apartment before this one, mom’s paycheck didn’t arrive on time and we were kicked out for not paying the rent.

 

You’d think the lady who owns the building would cut us some slack. But she didn’t. She was simply a stingy who only cared about her money arriving on time.

 

I notice that the lights are all off as I unlock the front door. Mom is either still at work or sleeping. I still make a mental note to keep quiet when entering. She works too much and needs all the sleep she can get.

 

I slip off my shoes as I enter and notice that her shoes aren’t here. That means she’s still at work.

 

I head into the bathroom, turn on the lights, and close the door. Even though I’m alone, I still close the door. When this door is closed, I feel the most comfortable. This is my only means of escape in this place. It’s also the only room with a door and a lock. The door to the bedroom is a sliding door and I would have no privacy when I’m in there.

 

I strip out of my uniform as fast as I can. I’ve never felt more suffocated in this uniform as much as I do now. The temperature has been rising lately. I would love to purchase the uniform set made for the warm weather, but I can’t afford it. Especially right now.

 

I quickly turn on the cold water and splash my face. I grab a fresh towel from the drawer and wipe myself with it. I pull on my hair tie and let my hair down from the usual ponytail. I hear my cell phone vibrate and remember that it’s tucked away inside my uniform that’s laying on the ground.

 

I quickly fish it out and see that there’s a text from Jongin. I open up the message.

 

Are you home yet?

 

I smile when I read the text. He never fails to send a text or a call when he’s not able to personally send me home. Usually he would call me, but I guess he’s caught in the middle of something this time.

 

Yup. Just got home. What’re you up to?

 

Our conversations through text are not usually cute and bubbly. Not much aegyo is used either, and I quite like that. I think he likes the fact that I don’t use aegyo in my texts too. I wait for his reply, hoping he’d reply instantly, and he does. I open up the text.

 

Just thinking about this weekend. Are you ready for the dance?

 

I suddenly break out in sweat at the mention of this weekend. We haven’t talked about our plans for the dance since last month and now I’m nervous that he’s finally bringing it up again. I never brought it up because I was too shy to talk about it.

 

But now that I think about it, if we’re too shy to talk about it, then we’re not ready for this.

 

Yes, more than ready. Are you?

 

I hope we’re talking about the same thing right now, because I’d be so disappointed if he’s just talking about the actual dance.

 

Yeah, I am. More than you know.

 

Oh, the things he says. I immediately melt at his words. We’ve been together for almost a year. This weekend, the day of the dance, will mark our one year anniversary. He promised me he would make it a day I’ll never forget.

 

It’s going to be one year, one year since I’ve fallen for him. One year since I started loving him.

 

I know time cannot determine the amount of love a person has for another person. A couple could be together for 5 years and feel nothing, while a couple could be together for 1 month and feel everything. Our one year is that one month. I love him so much. And we’re ready for that next step.

 

What do you have in mind?

 

I wait anxiously for his text.


You’ll see. ;)


Hi guys! I'm back! :)

Hope you enjoy this first 

chapter and don't forget

to subscribe !!!! ^^^^^^^