001

A Hundred Dollar Note
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

           Seoul Private High School was flooded with people. Parents, teachers, seniors and juniors were hugging each other, cherishing the success of the seniors for graduating. Shouts of congratulations were heard around the hall, the cafeteria and even in the principal’s room. A few seniors were crying because they made it, they were graduating and moreover, they were becoming an adult.

           At the corner of the big hall, Oh Sehun, a senior student majored in economics was busy accepting flowers from his parents and his admirers, the juniors of Seoul Private High School. “You did a very good job, darling. Congratulations on your graduation.” His mother hugged him briefly before kissing his cheeks a few times, proud of her son’s achievement. His father could only smile proudly, still having high ego and decided not to hug his son in the public.

           “Thank you, Mom.” Sehun beamed. He was beyond elatedㅡ No words could express how happy he was to graduate, to be able to study more about the course that he had always liked.

           His parents nodded their heads, understood about their child’s happiness. They excused themselves since they left their company unattended, leaving Sehun to enjoy the happiness all alone. They did not forget to remind him about the dinner at his favourite restaurant since he had made them proud. A few minutes after that, their figures disappeared from Sehun’s sight.

           “Sehun,” Sehun immediately turned his head around after recognizing the owner of the voice. It was no other than his dearest classmate, Jang Hyewon. She was in the same robe as he was in but today, she was different. Rather than letting her hair down, she had tied it into a neat bun.

           “What is it, Hyewon-ah?” There was no need to beat around the bush. Sehun knew too well.

           “CㅡCan you pass my letters to Jongin? I am leaving for Jeju trip tomorrow and I am afraid that I won’t be able to pass these to him.” Hyewon blushed slightly as she handed the letters to Sehun. Sehun did not object, but he was rather glad to pass Hyewon’s letters to Jongin, his own best friend.

           Hyewon immediately walked away when both of them noticed Jongin, full with flowers in his hands was walking towards Sehun. Sehun could only smile at the sight of the girl. “What are you looking at?” Sehun looked at Jongin in amusement when he noticed that there was a hint of jealousy in Jongin’s voice. He instantly shook his head to avoid any misunderstanding.

           Sehun quickly passed the letters to Jongin who then looked at him in confusion. He mouthed, Hyewon, leaving the dark skinned guy blushing.

           “Oh Sehun, you made it. You have graduated!” Jongin exclaimed, dropping all his gifts ㅡ flowers and unknown boxes, just to hug his friend.

           “You sound so sarcastic.” Sehun remarked. He knew that Jongin was sincere but he just feel that there was a need to .

           Jongin gasped before exclaiming, “I would not dare to do that!” Sehun rolled his eyes, laughing at the overdramatic Kim Jongin. The two of them picked up all the gifts that Jongin had dropped earlier and made their way to their old classroom where a party would be held for the graduating students. Sehun remembered when Jongin protested that a party should be done at a hotel, but Hyewon, the person in charged told him that it was the last day that they would be spending in the classroom. Jongin reluctantly accepted the idea.

           “Where is she?” Jongin asked. Sehun acted as if he did not understand his best friend’s question. He knew way too well on who Jongin was talking about. If they had The Three Musketeers, Jongin and him would be the first two while Jimin, would be the youngest Musketeer. She was a year younger than the two of them.

           “I have no idea where that idiot had gone to.” Sehun shrugged.

           Jongin and Sehun walked past the big hallways where the juniors and seniors would use every time they had to go to the laboratories or the cafeteria and it was lunch time. A few juniors greeted the two of them while congratulating them on their graduation day. The two of them nodded their head, accepting all the wishes happily. Sehun’s eyes were exploring the hallway, trying to look for the last Musketeer. He could not believe that she had missed their graduation ceremony.

           A loud laughter was heard and Jongin’s ear perked up while grinning sheepishly at the person next to him. “We have found the idiot.”

           “Idiot! Yah, Hwang Jimin!” Jongin shouted which gained all the students’ attention especially the person who was laughing loudly. Sehun secretly wished that he was not friend with a guy named Kim Jongin.  Jimin’s group of friends was whispering something into her ears before pushing her towards Jongin and Sehun’s direction. She groaned and grumbled at her friends before dragging her feet towards the two guys.

           “Did you summon me, your highness, Kim Jongin?” She said with a smile that Sehun was trying to figure out whether it was sincere or not. Sehun concluded it was a sarcastic smile.

           “Peasant, how could you not attend our graduation ceremony?” Jongin played along, like they always did when they were together. Sehun chuckled, could not believe that Jongin would still play the game even when he swore numerous time that he would not follow Jimin’s childish ways. Jimin managed to glare at Sehun for letting out an ugly chuckle.

           “I am truly sorry, you highness. This low yet fabulous peasant fell asleep during Chemistry class and the teacher did not let me go watch the graduation ceremony.” Jimin replied. Jongin looked at the girl in front of him for a quite some times, trying to dig out the truth. He could not buy the girl’s story after numerous times being tricked.

           Before Jongin could reply in a childish way, Sehun interrupted him by remarking, “So, if you did fell asleep and could not attend the ceremony, at least you would not forgot to congratulate us, especially when we are standing in front of you now.”

           Jongin nodded his head like a five years old toddler, agreeing to Sehun’s statement.

           “Fine.” Jimin paused, “Congratulations on your graduation.” She continued before coughing and making disgusted faces.

           “You are being rude, again.” Sehun took his chance to hit Jimin’s head with his flowers.

           Sehun still remember how he had first met the royal pain in the , Hwang Jimin. He and Jongin were eight years old when they found out the nice old couple in their neighbourhood who always gave them food had moved to the countryside and a new family had moved in. Jimin was the youngest family member. It was during the neighbourhood weekly picnic where he had met her where she made a rude remark regarding his facial expression, “Can’t you smile? You looked like a stuck up .” Don’t even mention about rude comments that she had made on Jongin.

           “I certainly did not. It feels weird to congratulate you guys when you guys had promised me that we would be graduating together!” Jongin took his chance this time to hit Jimin with his flowers.

           “That promise was during our middle school graduation. Jimin, stop being so childish and just admit that you are jealous that we’re graduating earlier than you.” Jongin yelped in pain as the girl stepped on his left foot. Sehun almost had to gasp for air as he was laughing really hard.

           “Screw you, Hwang Jimin. I am going to the class party now. You,” Jongin pointed at the poor Sehun who was gasping for air and continued, “You have to deal with this childish young lady right here. Goodbye peasants!” Jongin shouted before stomping his way to the 3-A class at the end of the building.

           Jimin panicked as she watched Jongin walked away from the scene and her friends were giggling at the sight of her being alone with Sehun. Boy, she swore that when this thing was settled, she would put her friends in misery.

           “You are so childish.” Sehun was still laughing and Jimin decided to step on his foot, but then ignored the thought since she got things to be settled.

           “You are talking as if you are not childish at all. Remember that one timeㅡ” Sehun dropped his flowers in order to put his hand over Jimin’s loud mouth. He certainly did not want Jimin to reveal all his secrets in public, especially when students were walking past them to go to the cafeteria.

           “Shut up.”

           “Oh Sehun, you know what does it takes for me to close my mouth.” The girl in front of him smirked since she knew that she had won the little battle between her and him. Sehun grunted in annoyance when he realized that he would be taking out his money today in order to treat her to her favourite ice cream later.

           Sehun still remember when Jimin almost spilled his ridiculous secrets during middle school. Secrets like ㅡ how he looked at himself in the mirror while complimenting himself, how he would separate all the vegetables apart from the other because he hated vegetables since boys are not real boys if they don’t eat vegetables and how he would come over to Jimin’s house to learn knitting from Jimin’s mother. She had threatened him to treat her to one of the best ice cream café in the neighbourhood. What can you say, Sehun was quite caring over his image at the school and boy; he was just only 11.

            “I really hate the fact that you always find a way to fish out the money from my wallet.” Sehun hissed. He was completely annoyed.

            “Oh, you know me too well.” Jimin smile brightly before giving the flowers that Sehun had dropped earlier. Sehun rolled his eyes before accepting the flowers once again and hug it to his chest along with a folder full of his certificates.

            Sehun’s eyes followed the movement of Jimin’s hand as she tugged a strand of her hair that had fell onto her cheek behind her ears. The sight of Jimin tugging her hair back was way too weird for a guy named Oh Sehun.

            Sehun still remember when he first saw Jimin. She wore boy clothes and her hair was cut short, really short, like a boy. When they became friends, Jimin explained to him and Jongin that her mother refused to cut her hair since she found it was a bother to have long hair, so she asked one of her brothers to put gum in her hair. Jimin barely grow her hair out and she had always kept it short until the day she entered high school, she started to keep them and it had grown to her shoulder until now.

            “Why did you grow your hair when you entered high school?” Sehun asked a question out of nowhere. He had been curious and he was too shy to ask her about the reasons. Jimin was clearly taken aback with his question considering they were talking about ice cream and how she always managed to get Sehun’s money out from his wallet.

            “Ah,” Jimin touched her hair and continued, “I figured that I could not stay by looking like a boy the whole time so I decided to grow it out. You should have seen my mother’s face when I told her that I do not want any more haircuts. I thought she almost threw a party to celebrate it.”

            Sehun chuckled as he was able to imagine Jimin’s mother’s shocked face.

            “Jimin-ah, I’ll see you at the park later with Jongin. I think I have to go now. They are probably waiting for me.” said Sehun as he realized that he had a party to attend. Jimin panicked as she glanced at her friends who were urging her to settle her matter as soon as possible. She sighed in despair.

            “Wait, Sehun. I have something to tell you.” She stopped him.

           “Is it really important? You can just tell me later.” He asked back and she reluctantly nodded. She did not want to do this. She wanted to go inside the cafeteria and eat.

            Jimin looked at her friends who had moved closer to her and Sehun in order to listen what the girl and the guy were talking about. She tried to plead to them using her eyes but she knew it too well, it would never work on her friends. Sehun cleared his throat while tapping his right foot. He did not want to be late for one of his last parties in his high school life.

            She took the deepest breathe she ever took in her whole life before saying, “Sehun, I like you like like you.”

            Sehun did not take forever to process the words that came out from a girl that he had always thought as a younger sister. He had heard about the possibilities of best friends falling for each other but he only thought that those things only happened in dramas, movies and novels. If one of them were meant to fall for each other, he would rather it be Jimin and Jongin than himself. It would be so awkward for him, Oh Sehun.

            Sehun still remember there was one time where the three of them played Truth or Dare. It was two days before the graduation day. Jimin had spun the bottle and chose Truth. Jongin asked her who she likes between the two of them and she answered Sehun. Sehun took it as a joke and Jimin exclaimed that she believed that the two of them, Jimin and Sehun would be marrying each other in the future. Sehun gladly say that he would give her $100 on their wedding day if it really happened.

            There was a short silence between the two of them and even with her friends standing right behind Jimin. Sehun cleared his throat once again as Jimin started to laugh out of nervousness. He felt sorry because he absolutely did not feel the same way and he certainly did not want to hurt one of the people that he cherished the most.

            “Jimin, you do know how I look at you, right?” There was uncertainty in his voice. The girl in front of him could only nod and gave him a faint smile.

            They fell into silence once again.

            “Sehun, you don’t have to take this matter seriously. I do meant what I have said to you but I am also aware of what you thought of me; as your younger sister. You don’t have to make everything complicated because this is a dare. I do like you but you don’t have toㅡ Ugh. What am I talking about?” She groaned in frustration as the sentences that she had been trying to build in her mind did not come out well. It was Sehun’s first time to see Jimin being so frustrated.

            “A dㅡdare? What are you talking about?” Jimin was caught off guard.

            She took another deep breathe before answering the lad in front of her, “It was a dare since I lost my bet.”

            “A bet? What is going on here, Hwang Jimin?” Sehun asked again. He was confused.

            “It seems like I have to tell you everything now. I actually bet with my friends that you, Oh Sehun would not be able to graduate this year and you would probably ended up graduating with me but since you did graduate, I lost the bet and the punishment was to tell you how I actually feel about you.”

            “I thought you did tell me how you feel about me a few days ago?” Sehun claimed, making Jimin’s friends gasped in shock. Jimin’s face flushed red and she instantly stepped on Sehun’s left foot when she got the chance, making the man in front of her almost cried in pain.

            “Yes, I definitely did and I will marry you someday. That $100 is going to be in my hands during our wedding day. You shall never forget about thi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter