Paris

Learn From The Past

“You look awful, Cath.”
“Thanks, Joan – I mean Mom
“Can’t believe you’re still on about that.” Joan frowned, “He left 10 years ago and you’re still mad at me?” She roughly continued to stir her homemade pea soup. It looked very ‘sophisticating.’ I rolled my eyes and sat down on the kitchen stool.
          I lived with Joan – a.k.a; evil aunt, for 10 years and I never said to her; Woman, your pea soup is terrible, please stop cooking it.
“No, I am not hungry.”
“Really?”
“Yeah. In addition, your cooking is, um, I’ll give it a 2 stars.” I giggled.
“Shut up, I’m trying to be a nice mother.” She paused and looked at the clock, “Wow it’s already 5:30.”
“First of all, mothers don’t say ‘Shut up’ to their own daughters and secondly, why are you cooking when it’s not even dinner yet? You do know its only 5.”
“Because I thought you were hungry. You hungry?”
 “30 seconds ago, I already told you, no I do not want your pea soup” I stood up the chair, “Actually, I’ll just take a walk outside to freshen up; exploring!”
“Explore? You’re already 25 with a bad eye condition.”
“It’s not like I’m blind.
          I grabbed my sweater, wore my dad’s old boots and rushed outside. Mom would always act like this, I mean, honestly, I’m already 25 and she treats me like a 5 year old but I have a stubborn attitude towards her. Likewise, she’s rude to me. I guess we’re both fair then.
          Joan and I never got along ever since dad left. Dave Walters, an Australian man, an Indiana Jones, an explorer and a loving father, although he was broke. Joan Lee in the other hand, was rich. A Korean woman wearing an American blouse, a New Zealand skirt, English shoes and a French Blazer.
          “Shut up.” She would usually say, “Honey, I’m not rich”
She wasn’t the fun type like dad. Dad would buy me everything and waste all his credit money, while Joan didn’t because she’s ‘not rich.’
          She may be rich, but she i an evil aunt who rides her broom during a full moon, just about to eat every children she sees. No seriously, she’s that mean. Well, it’s only us – Joan and I, living in France due to Joan’s terrible job here, an English teacher. She can’t even speak to me without raising her voice and sometimes, when she gets really mad, she would spill out curses. Honestly, what type of teacher is she?
          Ever since Dad left, the only thing she would be afraid of is making her name as Joan to prevent herself from being sad and angry. Though in the other hand, I’m still very mad at her for moving way too quickly.

          I walked on the snowy path while adoring these million dollar houses. The air was beginning to fog up and I can barely see a thing, or probably it’s just my eye vision. Joan says I have a very strange eye condition. Twice I’ve called for an appointment from my doctor – Dr. Melanie, for one whole week because I’ve found a strange red bolt in my eye. “How much is it?” I would usually ask first, “Where did it come from?” I would say next.
          “Don’t worry, it would come off in a day or two.” Is what she would usually say.
Dr. Melanie lives in unit 16, at Passion Avenue with his name on his door which says ‘Doctor Melanie.’ Every time I visit her house I would usually think; hang on, is Dr. Melanie’s name actually ‘Doctor’?  
          To be honest, I’m always curious if Dr. Melanie is a girl or boy. If her first name is actually ‘Doctor’ does that mean she’s a boy? If her last name is ‘Melanie’ does that make her a girl? When I talk to Dr. Melanie, I always mention her as a girl such as “hey girly” “oi woman” “hey lady” I don’t know, but that sounded really ual and it makes me feel like a homo right now – when I am not.
          Anyways, probably she doesn’t understand what “girly” or “oi” means. Or maybe it’s just my English accent. Or maybe it’s because I’m too cool that she doesn’t understand? I don’t even know what I’m talking about.
          The second time, I had an appointment with her is because I had a strange lump on my hand. “You really are dumb” She would always say, but in a French accent, “I only do appointments for eyes.” And I payed $70 for nothing.

          “Cath?” A voice appeared saying my name. I shook my head to get on topic. Where am I again? Oh yeah that’s right, I’m outside in this cold climate. I followed where the voice came from and his footsteps gradually became louder. “H-hello? Who said that?” I snapped off a large stick off the branch. Suddenly, the fog disappear every step I take, revealing a man, tall and fair, standing 6ft in front of from me.
          “Kim…” I was nearly speechless, I took a step closer, “Him…” I dropped the stick and took another step, “Chan!” I ran to him and hugged him as tears rolled down my face, “Where have you been?” At the same time I really want to punch him in the face because how happy I was.
          “I’ve been looking for you all over the world, I’m just really glad I found you again.”
My face flushed, “Psht, as if you went everywhere” We both giggled and silence took over the quiet street again, “Why haven’t you called?”
“No time for that, Cath.”
“By the way, what are you even doing in Paris?”
“Because.” He paused for a while, “There is something I should have said to you 10 years ago…”
“W-What are you on about?”
“It’s a long story.”
“Just tell me”
“I shouldn’t be here.” He walked faster.
“What, why? You just came.”
He placed both of his hands on my shoulder, “If your mother sees me, she’ll kill both of us.”
“Joan isn’t that bad.”
“No, seriously. What I tell you is very important.”
          We both head down to a quiet park – with no one around, and sat down on a bench, “What were you about to tell me, Himchan?” I say.
“It’s about our summer together.”
After his words, my heart sank.


Author’s Note: Okay if you enjoyed the first chapter – which I guess none of you did – please click like, comment, subscribe and vote! It will mean a lot to me.
          Okay, I’m sorry because I slightly rushed a little on this chapter so I hope you guys don’t mind. By the way, I’m sorry if this chapter is too short, the others are way longer. Stay tune!