Delusional

Delusional

He never thought something like that would ever happen. Not to him. Not to them.

But it seemed like he was the only one caught in the spell. He was crazy while he remained sane. He was desperate while he didn't care.

He took one look at their intertwined hands and he understood. He finally realized that there was never them to begin with. It had always been just him and him. He was just crazy and desperate enough to believe that something more than that could happen.

Still, he couldn't help but ask, "What's happening?"

Sehun his lips and said, "Hyung, I just wanted you to meet my girlfriend."

Lu Han tried to keep a straight face as he choked back a sob. Girlfriend. "H-hi. It's nice to m-meet you."

The girlfriend smiled at him pleasantly. She was beautiful. He noticed that she barely had any make-up on. She had a beautiful smile, too.

People often told him that he was beautiful, but he knew that he was not as beautiful as her.

"Sehunnie told me a lot about you," she said.

He felt rage bubbling up inside him. He was the only one allowed to call him that. Sehun only allowed him. "Sehun doesn't like being called Sehunnie." He bit his lip.

The girlfriend pouted. "I know. But I can't help but call him that. It's adorable!" He looked at Sehun and he realized that the younger didn't mind.

"I'm Krystal, by the way." She offered her hand for him to shake.

He took it and he felt inferior. Her hand was much softer than his. Sehun had told him before that he wanted someone who had soft hands. His hands were soft, but they were incomparable to hers. 

"Sehun... He's never told me about you before." It was his only advantage. Sehun was proud of him and told other people about him. But he never told anyone about her. Not even him, his closest friend, his best friend.

Sehun his lower lip again and said, "Hyung! I kept telling you about her! I even showed you some of the poems I wrote for her!"

Lu Han felt his whole world crumbling. He thought those poems were for him. He forced out a laugh. "Oh. I didn't know they were meant for someone in particular."

Sehun laughed and Lu Han realized that it was the first time he saw him laugh like that. He liked that laugh. He looked at Krystal, who was admiring Sehun.

It him, hard. It hit him right in the heart, breaking it. It pierced his very soul, damaging it. And he knew then that he would never be able to make him happy like she could.

He gave them a smile, as genuine as he could. "Well, I still have to do something."

Sehun frowned. "But I wanted to-"

He cut him off. "Sorry, Sehun-ah." He couldn't call him Sehunnie. Not anymore. "Maybe next time. But not today. I'm busy." He walked up to him bravely and hugged him like he had never done so before. He hugged him like it was the last time he could ever hug him. Part of him knew that it was. And when Sehun returned the hug, he realized that the younger never felt the same way for him.

He broke the hug and and shook Krystal's hand stiffly. He walked away and when he was away from them, he let the tears fall. He finally realized that they were never meant for each other. They would never be together.

He was only delusional.