Maybe A Little Doubtful

Maybe A Little Doubtful
un-beta-ed
warning: fluff, sap

-

Jongsuk is disbelieved the moment his eyes landed on the video he's been watching off his phone. he's been a fan of Weekly Idol since the first day it aired and it never failed to bring up his mood after a long day of work. this time, Weekly Idol had a group guest he's familiar with- CNBLUE.

He had watched it all with interest and it's not until Jonghyun and Minhyuk mentioned Woobin that he perks up with a blink. He doesn't recall the three ever being acquainted with each other- well, Jonghyun, yes. But not Minhyuk. Or maybe he doesn't remember, damn memory. He props an elbow against the mattress and rests his chin over his knuckles as the two received a message from his lover not long after.

'It says 'I love you' Jonghyun proclaimed, eyes wide and a smile of awe spreading across his lips. The response illicited a loud 'ohh!' from everyone else.

What.

And for Minhyuk, he stated that the message was 'thinking of you'. To the question that said 'what are you doing'...what kind of answer is that?

Jongsuk's expression eventually darkens and he exits the program to check off Kakaotalk. Once he does, he runs down every last message Woobin had sent him ever since he was pressured to download said app. 'To keep in touch' said Woobin. He had liked the idea but now, he can't help but to feel a bit put off by it.

His eyes skim through the messages sent to him- some long sentences, others around two, three words, but they were all so sweet. His cheeks puff out in mild indignation, his eyes never leaving the screen. every one of them is so damn sweet, he wonders if Woobin simply typed on instinct.

He rolls onto his back and lifts his phone into the air. Woobin's usually the one who initiate conversations whereas he only does it when he really misses the male. Doesn't seem so fair once he thinks about it. The two are both busy males, that much is obvious, but Woobin never failed to say something each and every day.

Contemplating over his choices for a few long moments, Jongsuk checks the time and finds that Woobin's about to finish up with his final photoshoot (or so the male told him earlier today), so he goes and texts him, 'I miss you'

His message is soon responded with 'You know I'm always thinking of you', following by a smiley face emoticon. For some reason, Jongsuk's not satisfied by that. 'Tell me you're not drunk or on drugs'

Jongsuk expects an immediate response but surprisingly, there isn't one until a few minutes later. 'What kind of question is that? Of course I'm not.' He's just about to text back when another message pops up- 'I just finished work, Suk ah. Wouldn't make sense if I'm drunk or on drugs.'

Oh. He's got a point there.

'You sure?'

'Yes'

'You're certain?'

Woobin seems to get it, Jongsuk realizes, because his next message goes something like this, 'Lee Jongsuk, spill. You only this insistent when you're uncertain of something.'

He's caught. Rolling on his side and propping the phone on the pillow next to him, he grimaces at the screen. 'Everything you tell me the moment we got together. They're real?' As he sent the message with some hesitation, he can't help but to think how stupid that question is.

Woobin's response is immediate. 'Of course it is. Why wouldn't it be?'

'Not randomly and out of mind like in Weekly Idol?'

A few more minutes pass and he can almost see the look of incredulity flashing across Woobin's face. 'Is that what it is about? Suk ah, I thought you know me better than that!' The male includes a sad face emoticon and looking at it causes Jongsuk to feel a twinge of guilt. Geez, he can imagine the kicked puppy expression on his lover as well.

'Well, it was random...'

'For show, Suk ah. For show.' Then, Woobin adds, 'Every word I wrote for you is from my heart, okay? I love you.'

Just those words alone makes Jongsuk's face heat up. He turns away for a moment to palm his face with a hand. He can't handle this anymore; and since he feels a little better about the Weekly Idol ordeal, he texts slowly, embarrassed, 'I love you too, you sap. Come visit soon.'

'Of course, honey ;)'