Prologue

Whose Fault Is This?

 

 

Tracing the outline of her face from a photograph, he could only drown in sorrow, his heart still bleeding from the hole her departure had left.

 

A trembling breath shook his body as he fought his tears back, refusing to cry more for her.

 

He didn't understand how this crap worked. How many years had it been since? Five? Six? Why did it still hurt so much? Why did he kept on torturing himself over the matter? She was gone, what else could he do?

 

She didn't deserve his tears, he tried to convince himself. She wasn't worth all the things he had gone through because of her, all the sleepless nights he had spent trying to figure a way out to be with her, only to have her willingly letting herself be dragged away by this mess.

 

However, no matter what he told himself, his abused heart didn't seem to be having any of it.

 

How could it anyway? Her existence was what kept it beating, the thin hope of her possibly coming back was what gave it the strength to try to patch up all the wounds her careless behaviour had caused. Because as much as he willed himself to get over her, to hate her, nothing could ever over-grow the love she had managed to sow in him.

 

Jieun...” his voice, huskied by the unshed tears, cracked.

 

Her name, once so familiar and flutter-triggering, now felt foreign on his tongue. Was that it? Time would pass and her memory would get even blurrier? Was it how he was fated to end? With an undying love for a fading memory?

 

He cursed under his breath as a lone tear escaped one of his eyes, an angry hand coming to wipe the salty drop away.

 

She was no better than the others, he told himself. She used him just like they all had before and now he found himself all alone once again.

 

That was his punishment for being so gullible. For letting himself be fooled by the smiles and sweet words.

 

His mind twilred and twilred around the matter, managing to blurr whatever delusional hope he still haboured.

 

That was it: he was done.

 

They wanted to hurt him? She wanted him away? Fine.

 

He wouldn't give them the pleasure.

 


 

A/N: Now that I think about it... this is going to be so cliché >_<" Anyways, I'm off! =P Enjoy, subscribe and comment?

With love,

Soo <3