Luna di Sangue

Blood Moon

Blood Moon

Taemin's POV

 

"Bye Key!" I yelled over my shoulder to my friend. It was 11:17 p.m.. Key offered to drive me home but I wouldn't let him. He was already so nice to let me stay at his house when my parents were fighting. And I didn't want to go home just yet, so I took the route that I took most. I knew these woods like the back of my hand.

I walked through them everyday. I would come here when my parents would fight with my brother, Taesun. Taesun was extremely stubborn and always did things his own way. He didn't have the best reputation and he was the cause of a lot of our problems.

I was always glad to get away from the house. This forest was more like my home than my real one. I never felt alone. I always felt that there was something in here watching over me. These woods have even saved my life; I was being chased by a literal psychopath with a knife.

I instinctively ran to the woods and lost him. He was so insane that he got lost. I remember telling this to my parents. I told them that it couldn't have been just luck that I lived that. They didn't believe me though. They just said that i was lucky like everyone else did. I think that when I'm in the forest, something is protecting me.

This time was different though. Instead of the somewhat welcoming feeling of the woods, I felt like I was being watched. I walked the usual route, cold sweat rolling down my neck. I felt like the spirit, or whatever it was, was now out to get me. I no longer felt safe.

I've never been in my beautiful woods past eight pm, I didn't like this feeling. I feel like running.

Crack.

"Who's there?!" I heard a leaf crack. I quickly turned around and looked everywhere.

Nothing.

Taemin stop, nothing is following you. This forest protects you..

I turned around and began walking again. I desperately checked my watch. It takes about 15 minutes to get out of this forest. It had only been 3 since I entered?!?!

I began hyperventilating. What the am I supposed to do?!?! There is no way that I'm alone in this forest! I've heard about a wolf pack that lives around here. Oh God, what if they're here now?!?! I must be the perfect meal for them. I gotta get out of here, quietly.

I continued walking. Tears of fear threatening to fall. I picked up my pace once again.

No, no, no, no.. please don't hurt me, don't hurt me...

I whimpered in my head. I'm going to die tonight, I know it. Knowing that I'm gonna die, I wasn't holding my tears back anymore and my pace slowed. In fact I was sobbing pitifully. What am I going to tell my parents? And Taesun? And my friends? The thoughts raced through my mind.

Even though I knew that I was going to die I still attempted to get out of the forest. I kept walking, still not over the holes that were being bored into my back. I checked my watch again, 11:25 p.m., ONLY?!?! Why am I not out yet? I shouldn't be but I should've seen something by now. The old cabin should have been seen by now.

What the hell is this?

I kept walking. The path clear as day to me but still, I was always in the same place. Over, and over, and over again. Never once did I see my beloved cabin.

"What the hell.." I said in defeat, dropping by backpack from school to the ground by a tree, and doing the same right after. I wasn't getting out of here. I wanted to. I wanted to go home, see my parents, eat dinner, Key didn't feed me because I insisted that I would eat at home. But I didn't know at the time that I would die.

I looked around. My vision was... blurry??

At the realization I felt my head throbbing. My limbs felt weak, even though I was sitting. My head... I couldn't think straight. My head was rolling against the tree as I tried to look around, however I failed miserably.

My limbs, they felt like jelly. Like they were being pulled toward earth at full force. I felt as if my heart would burst. I could barely breathe.

What's happening to me?!?!

It's this how I will die?!?!

I wanted to cry, I wanted to scream at the pain, but it forbid me. I managed to glimpse at my watch.

11:58 p.m.

At the sight I was able to let out an ear piercing scream in pain. I gasped for breath, sweat all over my body. My eyes were hooded, trying to keep them open. As I saw the seconds tick by on my clock I felt my energy being drained.

I looked up from my watch, and saw the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. The moon. It was BLOOD.. RED

I felt my system shutting down as I watched the beautiful moon. Each second that I was in pain, the moon got redder and redder, as if the moon itself was killing me.

I gasped when then moon got much darker. As it got darker and darker my gasps of pain became screams of extreme agony. I felt myself become paler and paler, my screams getting louder and louder.

I dared to look up once again and I saw an even more amazingly beautiful thing. This time it was a creature. A wolf. He had jet black fur and his eyes were a gorgeous color of brown. Sweet kindness shone in his beautiful chocolate pools, but I was in far too much pain to have it be registered. I looked at the wolf with pleading eyes. As if to ask, 'can you save me?'. He seemed he had read my eyes. He walked up, so close to me. I certainly would've panicked if the moon had not fed off of me, draining my energy. I felt the wolf drag me out from under the tree and into the clearing in front of it.

I was laid on my back, my body fully exposed took the moon. I felt something like a leaf on my lips. Since I lost control of my body long ago, I opened my mouth and ended up eating the foul tasting leaf. After I ate it I sighed in content. The pain was gone. I will have no idea how, but it was.

I was still weak but I looked over to my savoir. He was no longer a wolf but a boy. His hair was the same as his fur, a soft looking, silky black. And his eyes were no different, still the same kind filled, sweet looking brown. But they were filled with something else that knew showed in mine as well.

I directed my gaze to the still beautiful moon. It was gorgeous. It looked like a wound the was scabbing over, the bottom half was the scab and the other half was bleeding. As I looked at it, the scab was picked off of the moon and replaced with blood. My blood. My body arched as I screamed in pain, the moon the life out of me once again.

The boy who saved my life looked at me in confusion.

"No..." was what came out of his mouth as my back continued to arch as I screamed in agony. Even over my cries, I heard his voice. It was rich and deep. Like honey, so smooth yet it sticks with you. He looked at me as my body writhed under his body and the moon.

He had been above me to feed me the leaf and he hasn't moved since. I saw pain in his eyes, and something else that was undeniable.

Love.

How did he feel it? He doesn't know me... right? Or does he? Tears pooled in his beautiful eyes as I screamed in pain, the moon still feeding from me.

The boy suddenly looked up at the moon. I tried my best to silence my screams, they ended up coming out as painful gasps and whimpers. I watched and listened as he yelled at the moon angrily.

"Why Luna di Sangue? Why him? He is innocent! I was not assigned by you to protect him if you are too kill him!"

I looked over lazily, almost all energy drained. The pain subsided as "Luna di Sangue" listened to the boy who was trying to save me. A breeze swept through the woods, as if it were a message from Luna di Sangue. I was right. The raven haired boy's eyes widened as he looked up at the blood red moon that had continued to slowly eat away at my life. Over my pain I heard him yell out again.

"Luna di Sangue, if you let this boy live and allow us to interact then you will see. If we feel the...." His voice was cut off as pain washed over me again, "then he lives with..." It was almost timed with the boy speaking for me, so I wouldn't be able to hear him.

I glanced over and saw him walk toward me once again. The pain immediately stopped. I sighed a shaky breath, my lidded eyes opening to meet the other boy's beautiful ones. He leaned close to my ear as he wrapped his lean arms around my quivering body. He chuckled warmly and whispered in my delicate ear.

"I'm Kai.."

Kai...

I opened my mouth to speak but he quickly shushed me, "I already know your name, Taemin." I nodded my head and moved my hands to Kai's shoulders. God his name sounds so perfect rolling off my tongue and into my thoughts. Why did he have such a big effect on me? I glanced at him, my head was away from him, our chests were pressed against one another in such a comforting way. My hands were resting on his shoulders, pulling our chests together while Kai held my waist, pulling me up.

I turned my head to his. We were nose to nose. We looked at each other with lidded eyes until Kai and I closed the small gap. Meeting half-way.

I smiled as our lips met. They molded together so perfectly. It was like heaven. Kai's lips were softer than feathers, his touch the same.

He lowered me to the ground and rested himself atop me. I had never felt like I belonged so much before. Then again I always thought I was straight, but look at me now. There was just something about Kai. Something that made me feel like I had known him since birth. But maybe I did. I felt Kai pull away for some much needed air. I was so memorized by him that I had forgotten to breathe for a minute. We looked at each other, unmistakable love showing in our eyes.

"Why?" I whispered against Kai's lips, my breath tickling them.

"Because I've been with you since you've been with these woods. Fifteen years." Kai whispered back. I don't know why but I wasn't surprised. Kai was the force that had always protected me and today Luna di Sangue was trying to kill me, only to have Kai save me, again.

"I didn't save you this time Taemin. You saved yourself." Kai said, literally reading my mind.

"How?" We were still whispering to each other. Our faces only a couple centimeters apart.

"By kissing me. The only way you could've been saved was if you loved a "complete stranger" even though I've been with you more than anyone. It's a sign of love and plus, I can see it in your amazing eyes. You loved me even though you didn't know it." Kai ended with his proof closing the extremely small space between us.

I gladly gave in to him. Somehow, Kai was right. I did love him. With all my heart, and I didn't know why. Maybe it was because he saved my life so many times? Maybe I was in love with the woods and that just happen to be him? I felt my hands snake up from Kai's shoulders to his neck.

It was like a movie. The wind was blowing, now peacefully around us as we lay, in the middle of a clearing in the forest. A dent in the grass only where we were because we shared one another's space. We were kissing passionately in the clearing, the dent, and we were surrounded by the soft wind.

Kai finally pulled away and stared deeply into my eyes. His reflecting mine and mine reflecting his. Love was what I saw. With our bodies still pressed against each other, Kai fit our noses together, perfectly. It was like I was his other half. Our bodies fit so extremely well. Our eyes reflected the other's. Our arms were wrapped perfectly around each other. Our lips molded together so perfectly that it was unreal. Even our noses fit together perfectly.

Why do I feel this way about a person who I only saw today yet I've known them all my life without even knowing?

With our noses still fit perfectly against each other's Kai whispered, "I never left you until today. I almost lost you to Luna di Sangue. I promise to never leave you again if you let me." Our eyes were both closed now, we were still resting against each other when I whispered back,

"I never want you to leave me again, Kai. I don't know why, and I don't know how, all I know is that I love you with all my heart. If you can return that to me then you are free to do what you please." I pressed myself closer to Kai, desperate for his amazing warmth. It was a kind of warm that I had never, in my entire life, felt before. And I loved it.

"I will gladly return that to you and the only thing that I would ever please is being with you." Kai backed away from my face slightly to brush a strand of hair from my face. I looked up and did something that I never thought I would ever do to other guy.

"Oh Kai..." I pulled us in for another kiss. Another soft, feathery light kiss. It was so passionate yet so gentle. It was like... a wedding kiss. So full of love yet so chaste.

When we broke apart, Kai picked me up with my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck.

I wasn't surprised that it was still dark but I could feel morning nearing. As I was lifted Kai bounced me to get a better grip. I gasped loudly in pain, obviously Luna di Sangue's feeding did more of a toll than I previously thought. Kai looked at my face, tears were streaming down from pain. He quickly kissed them away and walked somewhere that I didn't bother pay attention to.

My eyes widened as I heard a for open. The cabin! I used to come here as a kid when my parents would fight. Here my imaginary friend would entertain me but I knew now who my "imaginary" friend really was.

Kai carefully placed me on a feather bed. I relaxed instantly. I felt Kai crawl in with me. I instinctively snuggled up to him, fitting together perfectly.

It felt like a dream. It was amazing but I knew that it wasn't a dream. The pain that I still felt all over my body was more than real. I felt Kai, pressed against me. I felt him rubbing my back softly as we rested. I heard him confess to me how much he loves me over and over again when he thought I was asleep.

With one last "I love you" coming from Kai I felt the need to return it. I opened my eyes softly and saw him laying there, caressing my face. I moved so close against Kai and whispered the true words that he was waiting to hear come out of my mouth.

"I love you too, Kai." After I said those words, those words that I had already technically said, Kai merged us completely. His kissed me once again. I felt like we were one.

I love this.

I love HIM...

~end~

<3

A/N

Wow, almost 3000 words ^^ thank you for reading my TaeKai romance ^^ I got the idea last night when I saw the blood moon with my own eyes. In case you guys are a little lost on why Kai is/was a wolf, basically in this every wolf has a human and is a human. Confusing? Allow me to explain. So, Kai said something to Luna di Sangue (Italian for blood moon) that he was assigned to protect Taemin by her. Making Taemin his. On the night of a blood moon, the wolves will turn into a human if they are assigned one. The wolf and the human will either fall in love and both will live or they will both die. Since there have only been three blood moons in the past 500 years (literally) Luna di Sangue will take over the moon as it kills the human of a wolf.

Hope that cleared things up a bit! <3 here's to all us TaeKai lovers!! Thanks again for reading, I very much enjoyed this story. ^^

Luci~<333