Finally

Closing the Distance

So before I begin i just want to make it clear that when SHINee arrived from the airport I was not there so I don't know if they were actually rushed. I was only at the concert(LA Korean Festival). So yeah please enjoy and comments are very much appreciated :D Oh and Minho for some reason didn't go to L.A so he sadly won't be included :(


 

"Ahh it's been a while!" Jonghyun exclaimed.

 

"Ha it really has..." Onew smirked as they walked through an exit at the back of the LAX airport.

 

SHINee had just arrived in L.A after a somewhat lengthy airplane ride from Mexico. Although they were tired they were happy to greet their fans who had been waiting for them. But due to a tight schedule they could not leisurely say hello. They had to quickly make it to their van with small quick waves here and there.

 

"I can't help but feel guilty for not greeting our fans properly" Taemin sighs

 

"Don't worry Tae we all do, but we'll see them soon at the festival" Jonghyun reassures the youngest.

 

"Woooooo L.A here we come!! Hey guys we should go to 6 Flags while we're here!! Or maybe shopping first? Or 6 Flags first? Would anyone recognize us? Could we get a celebrity discount?" Key questioned excitedly

 

"Whoa whoa whoa first lets get to our hotel room I'm pretty sure we're all tired" Onew suggested.

 

"Fine as long as we still get to go shopping"

 

"And 6 Flags!! Now I'm excited too" Jonghyun added

 

"Don't worry we will, but our rest comes first and then we still need check out the venue for a bit" Onew reminded the rest.

 

"Ya ya" They all responded

 

With that the SHINee boys got on their private van that would take them to their hotel room. They would be staying at a high class hotel near the LAX airport.

After a couple hours of rest and time at the concert venue to sort things out the boys head out to enjoy their day at 6 Flags. A hot day does not ruin their trip in the slightest and Key can't help but post their trip on instagram. He loves his fans and loves updating them on his status. While on Insta he checks up on his friend's activity. He becomes disappointed from not seeing an update from her, but snaps out of his thoughts as the rest of the boys call him to catch up already.

The day went by smoothly and Key even went on some scary rides, but with some force from the others. Of course there were some lucky fans who ran into them and recognized the 5 boys. They were proud of their fans for being so polite and not causing a scene, but felt bad for not having anything to sign for them other than napkins and such. then again the fans didn't mind as long as they got their autograph.

 

They got back to their shared hotel rooms around 7 due to being too tired to go on any more rides. Key and Taemin shared one, while the other two boys shared another.

 

Taemin left Key to himself to go play with his hyungs in their room. Key found this to be the perfect time to finally call her and he didn't care if he sounded clingy.

 

*ring* *ring* *ring*

 

"Aish why is it taking her so long to pick up" Key complained.

 

Then finally she picked up.

 

"Yooo what's up?" Amber answered.

 

"What's up? You haven't called all day that's what's up!" Key whines/complained again.

 

"Whoa whoa calm down there. Sorry boo, but I've kind of been busy arranging some stuff. And why are you being so clingy haha"

 

"Is it wrong for a man to miss his girlfriend especially since she hasn't called in days? And was it so important that you neglect your boyfriend who's been missing you all this time that you haven't bothered to call??"

 

"It's only been 3 days man and yes it was. You'll know soon just enjoy your time in LA okay boo~ bye bye"

 

"wait! Amber wait!! baby don-" Key was cut off by the other line going dead.

 

"Aiiish!! So rude!...I haven't talked to her in days and she hangs up on me just like that chet" Key skoffs.

 

He lays down on his bed not minding if his hair gets messy.

 

"I'm such a pitiful boyfriend..." Key pouts

 

At that time Taemin comes back and informs Key that the rest of the boys are gonna head out on a shopping spree. Key can't say no to shopping and goes in hopes that it will relieve his mopey behavior.

_________________

 

It's finally the day of the concert and the only message that he's received from Amber since the night he called was a text that morning that wrote: Have fun and do well! I'll cheer you on! Fighting~

 

SHINee has been busy since the early morning and have been working on their various stages diligently. They are happy to see that their fans are as excited as they are and wave to them from the other side of the gate that separates the idols and the fans outside of the stadium.

 

After meeting up with the rest of the idols and artists who are there as well they practice. For various hours the artists are going through the set up for a final time before the start of the concert. SHINee and Key's subgroup TOHEART with Infinite's Woohyun had to do a final sound check when some of the fans were already inside of the stadium which they didn't mind. While Key was performing he kept on noticing a very familiar voice cheering him on from the very few people at that time on floor. He turned to look various times, but found no one in particular who fit that familiar voice that excited him. Key quickly put the thought out of his head and went backstage to get hair and makeup done with the rest.

 

After getting ready all of the artists headed to an area above and behind the stage where all the artists could wait patiently for their time up on stage.

 

Jonghyun and taemin took this free time as the perfect opportunity to tease Key yet again.

 

"So Key, Amber still ignoring you?" Jonghyun began

 

"Ya!! She's not ignoring me for your information. In fact she called me yesterday" Key scolded

 

"Hmmm I thought you called her?" Taemin chimed

 

"And how would you prove that?" Key questioned

 

"I checked your phone hyung" Taemin laughed

 

"Aish I should have never given you my password...I need to change it.." Key muttered

 

"Anyway what did she tell you?" Taemin asked

 

"Well it didn't seem like she missed me and she said she was arranged something that was more important than contacting me!!"

 

"And what was it that she was arranging?"Jonghyun questioned

 

"uhh...mm....i don't know" Key said defeated

 

"hahahaha Key you're such a pitiful boyfriend hahhaha" The boys laughed at their pitiful friend

 

"Shhh guys the Korean Anthem" Onew scolded/called the boys to pay attention

___________

 

The boys were having fun and were happy to finally go up on stage near the end of the concert. They performed 1 short version of "Colorful" earlier along with Key's duo with Woohyun. At the end they performed 3 more songs to close the concert. The boys did their best and got the fans excited even though they were tired and cold. Key of course wanted to gift them with some fan service and teasingly took off his blazer while performing "Why So Serious?". Although he new his fans would enjoy it he couldn't help but feel some piercing eyes and a chill through his spine at each y action he would do. But he quickly shook the feeling off and performed perfectly.

 

SHINee were not going to board their private bus right after the concert because of issues finding their manager for a while so they headed back up to the waiting area. Key got another text at that time.

 

From: Ambaby~

 

Hey you looked so cute tonight and you did great :3 I wonder if you saw Jackie cause she was there tonight :) any way i need to go and i'll see you soon...

 

Key was more than happy to see a message from Amber and of course smiled without even knowing. But he didn't know that the concert was live streamed and he wouldn't see her till tuesday. Maybe Jackie sent her pictures? He was confused, but was startled by s laughing at his dorky smile.

 

"These guys aish" Key thought to himself as he shot them a glare.

 

He wanted to text back, but there was very poor signal at the arena and it wouldn't send so he had to wait until they went back.

____________

 

After a quick stop to eat the boys headed straight to the hotel to get ready to sleep. After taking a shower and getting dressed Key found that he was alone in his room. He saw a note that was left on the nightstand. It read:

 

Key hyung I'm gonna go sleep over with the hyungs because of various reasons so yeah. You won't be hurt don't worry. In fact you'll be glad haha. Well good night hyung~

 

-Taemin

 

p.s: You can't come over!!!

 

Key didn't understand as to why he wasn't invited to come over as well and was slightly hurt by Taeminnie abandoning him. But at the same time he was confused as to why Taemin said that he would be happy that he is alone in his room.

 

Key goes to his phone and lays down on his bed. He opens up instagram to post a picture that he took earlier that day. While posting it he adds the caption

"save my lips!!!". He laughs a bit starts to get ready for bed yet again. After 5min he hears a knock on the door.

 

"Ohhh so now you've come crawling back Taemin huh" Key laughs

 

Once he opens up the door he's ambushed by someone embracing him in a rush. Key stumbles backward, but does not fall. He's in a bit of a daze,but focuses finally on the face of his attacker. He faces the smiling face of his girlfriend who is supposed to be in Korea.

 

"Amber!?!"Key shouts shocked not minding the pain.

 

"Key!?!" Amber copies him

 

"You're supposed to be in Korea" Key states as he stands up with Amber.

 

"haha well I'm not" Amber said smiling her adorable smile

 

"Why didn't you tell me!" Key turns and pouts trying not to fall for her smile that he adored.

 

"Aww I wanted it to be a surprise and I'm here now anyway" She reasoned as she sat down on the bed and patted the spot next to ers calling him over to sit. Key reluctantly came over and sat not losing his pout.

 

"Boo don't be hurt. I was trying to cut off connection to make it more exciting anyway bro. Anyway I was able to see your performance tonight. It was like I was with you all day" Amber assured Key. That got Key's attention.

 

"You were in pit tonight? Ahhh right I knew i heard someone familiar during the soundcheck!! and also an icy glare when.....oh" Key looked at Amber's glare.

She then turned away pouting as well. Now their roles reversed and Key was trying to reassure his girlfriend.

 

"Hey work is work. I was just having fun for our tired fans anyway" Key sheepishly stated

 

"True I'm not the jealous type anyway"

 

"hummph you're no fun. You could have acted a bit more jealous."

 

"hahaha.....I missed you Kibum" Amber looked at Key smiling sweetly.

 

"I missed you sooooooo much baby" Key said with aegyo

 

"ahh what did that post on insta mean? The one you just posted"

 

"Ohh it was because my lips are becoming a bit chapped and I nee-" Key stopped in the middle of his sentence.

 

Amber pulled away from her short kiss a bit embarrassed. Key was a bit shocked, but caught on fast and pulled her back before she could widen the distance. They locked lips yet again, but this time it was longer. Key was intoxicated by the smooth and sweet taste coming from her soft lips and deepened the kiss. The euphoric moment was felt by both parties and only paused for short breaths.

 

*knock knock knock*

 

They both stopped. Slowly Key regrettably got up with disappointment and irritation written on his face then walked to the door. Amber sat still dizzy from the kiss and looked at the floor obviously blushing. Key opened up the door to see the rest of the boy's smiling faces. They looked behind Key and saw Amber.

 

"Ahh Amber you arrived safely" Onew smiled

 

"What?! They knew and not me?!" Key turned to Amber

 

"Well I needed to tell someone hahaha thanks oppas and Taemin for not telling Key" Amber thanked the cheeky boys.Key now irritated with the boys felt that it was time for them to leave.

 

"Okay okay now leave!!" Key slammed the door on s.

 

"Ummm you wanna watch TV?" Amber suggested shyly.

 

"ya sure" Key said a bit awkwardly. They ended up talking instead of actually watching the TV that was silently playing behind them. They talked and laughed and chatted about this and that. They were happy to be close to each other again. When it came time to go to bed they both thought that it would be better if she stayed the night because it was far too late for her to go back to her hotel.

 

Amber went to Taemin's bed and Key went to his. Time passed and Key couldn't fall asleep and was just watching amber sleep from his bed. After much thinking he went over to Amber and slid next to her on the Queen size bed. She woke up by the sudden movement and was surprised to see Key next to her.

 

"Umm what do you think you're doing?" Amber asks calmly

 

"Don't worry I'm not trying anything I just couldn't sleep and well I thought I'd fall asleep if I layed with you..." Key said unsure if she would be okay with it since they've never slept on the same bed.

 

"It's okay you're just like a baby huh haha"

 

"ya! calling me a baby chet" Key complains as he sits up to leave teasingly. Amber grabs his hand and pulls him back down to lay down next to her.

 

"I'm just kidding you're just so...cute" Amber says the last word quietly, but it doesn't surpass Key.

 

"You too baby you too" Key replies quietly as he plants a kiss on her forehead.

 

With Key back hugging Amber they both drifted off to sleep.

"Closing the distance between couples is indeed important" Key thinks to himself

 

 

 


 

Thank You so much for reading!! Sorry if it was cheesy and poorly written, but it is my first fanfiction that I have ever written haha. I really hope that you guys enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed writing this. It's all very new to me and Thankyou so much to those who have already subscribed to me even though I haven't even posted the story. Thank you soooo much for the support it means a lot. And as well as to those who have taken their time to read it.

Thanks again and please comment below and tell me what you thought. It helps me a lot as a first time writer so please comment.