12 Reasons Why

Description

Do Kyungsoo. Missing since June 6, Friday. His desk, scratched and imperfect – like himself, only reflecting the light refracted by the glass window next to it. His subtle fortnight of nonexistence lingered gracefully in the classroom, selfish spoiled brats oblivious to a classmate’s long hiatus.

Perhaps, no one could distinguish the lacking factor in his or her ecosystem, when the factor itself was a ‘nobody’. He was the bug defecting a computer’s performance. An error trapped in the developing society. The school, a broken hardware. Students, targeted software programs installed as exclusive features.

Do Kyungsoo, the lagging software file, with virus nurturing – an error. Affecting, influencing with his unwanted presence.

 

Kim Jongin returns home from school one day to find a mysterious box lying on his doorstep. Inside, he finds several CD's recorded by Do Kyungsoo - his classmate and crush - who had strangely disappeared two weeks before. Kyungsoo's voice tells him that there are twelve reasons why he didn't turn up to school that one fateful, chilling, winters day and why he ultimately, decided to end his life. Upon opening this box of CD's he finds that he's one of them. He spends the night fitting the pieces of the puzzles together and learns the truth about himself - the truth he never wanted to face.

 

Foreword

This fanfic is pretty much an adaption of Jay Asher's book '13 Reasons Why' and I initially gave this idea to a friend of mine to write out for me but school and work started to pile up on her and she was getting sort of stressed so she wrote the everything up to the first part (I edited it) and then I decided to take over the story because I thought it had a lot of substance in it so here we go! Thus, i apologise for the sudden change in writing styles, i'm really not as good as my friend who wrote the start of it and by around chapter 2/3 you might feel like its getting a bit weird hehe

Please leave lots of comments and remember to subcribe!

Happy reading and I really hope you enjoy it!