1/1

Put Me Out

Hoseok's currently outside, enjoying a smoke without that pretty boy constantly at his ear, and watching the sun rise. He woke up first and since Jin's apartment is on the top floor he decided to watch the sun rise for once. He cringes at the thought of having Jin catch him smoking again. 'Smoking's bad for you' is what he normally says but going behind his fiancée's to the same guy that said that is 'bad for you' too but look what happened for the sixth time this week.

Him and Minyoung are set to be married sometime this month, however, Jin doesn't know of that yet. Hoseok's been contemplating whether or not it's any of his business (Jin's, of course) since he's the one committing adultery and running back to Hoseok everytime he's kicked to the curb. Jin knows that Hoseok has a "girlfriend" but he seems to enjoy the thrill and discreetness of being Hoseok's little secret; maybe it turns him on. One thing is for sure though, the goodness in that idea has run thin.

After snuffing his cigarette, Hoseok heads back inside where he's greeted by a smug-looking Kim Seokjin. He hasn't bothered to retrieve his shirt from the opposite side of the room and he's making-do with the bed sheets. His hair is messy and standing in several places on his head (Hoseok can't help but chuckle at the sight). He offers a strained good morning to Hoseok as he tosses Jin's shirt in his face.

"You couldn't have handed it to me?" Jin asks.

Hoseok glances back at him, jaw set. "No. Look, you need to stop coming over here. This is the last time we do this." He's rewarded with a scoff and a snide comment of 'that's what you said two months ago.'

"I'm not playing with you, Kim. Our little game of hide-and-seek under my covers is starting to become a bit too obvious. Plus, I don't feel right about going over to Minyoung's smelling like you," he spits and Jin actually looks hurt. Well, he should be hurt. He knows how much Minyoung and their relationship means to him but apparently it doesn't mean much if he still allows him to seduce him back onto the bed.

"Okay, Jung." He laughs. "What happened to that twenty year-old I met at the park with his niece, huh? Where's that guy?"

"That guy has grown up," Hoseok retorts after pulling on his shirt and fixing the dog tags at his neck. The way they lay across his skin has Jin getting aroused again from beneath the layers of sheets covering him. Hoseok can see him fidgeting and one look at how he bites his lower lip has him groaning and reaching for another cigarette; it's going to be a long day.

"Don't you have something better to do than to thoughts of me? Get a girlfriend!" He takes a drag.

Jin covers his nose and mouth once Hoseok releases the smoke. "I'm not into girls like that."

"Get a boyfriend."

"None of them interest me like you do."

"Buy a damn fish then, ! I don't care what you do as long as you leave me and Minyoung alone. I don't even know why you're still here." Jin doesn't seem to understand the severity in Hoseok's words. Everything he says goes right through him since there's no way in Hell Hoseok could mean any of that. They ed in Minyoung's office, just putting that out there (Hoseok left a very intimate conversation with Jin on her answering machine and there was no way he was going home with that still on there).

"You know, you're not the type of guy I thought you were," Hoseok says with the cigarette hanging out the side of his mouth. He's sitting now, very much tired of trying to get Jin to leave. It's no use arguing so he might as well try a different approach. "I was thinking that maybe we would have ended up together instead of it being Minyoung." He grins internally because Jin's actually starting to listen and because everything he's saying are lies (but Jin doesn't know that either).

"Really?" Jin questions, twiddling his thumbs together, looking like a little kid being scolded.

"You've changed, Seokjin. You used to be so considerate and sweet but now all you do is think about yourself. Can't I be happy with Minyoung since I know it's not going to work between you and me? She's here for me and all you want is a quick . I can't have my other half being grounded like that."

"I can change," Jin says quietly. "I can change for you if that means you'll stay with me."

Hoseok stares down at his cigarette as he releases a stream of smoke into the air. He was always good with his words when it came to getting what he wanted. It's kind of like a special talent of his. At times like these, he feels bad about messing with Jin's head and leading him on. While the main point of what Hoseok is telling him are lies, the part about how Jin used to be so sweet and considerate is actually true. He misses that Kim Seokjin and while he didn't see him and himself working out in the future, being friends was the least they could be; given the current situation, that's not going to happen.

Hoseok remembers when they first met. He was with his niece, Minah, at Olympic Park. It's ironic since Jin met him while he was smoking and now they're potentially saying goodbye to each other and Hoseok's having a smoke. He had stole away to a picnic table a few meters back since he didn't want Minah to inhale any of the toxins he was spewing when Mr. Pretty Face interrupted his peaceful few minutes of relaxation. He essentially hated him since he thought he was cute by taking Hoseok's cig and having a smoke himself. Boy did he want to punch him. Hoseok was only twenty at the time and Jin was twenty-one. Now at twenty-four and twenty-five, it feels like they're back at Olympic Park where Hoseok wants to punch him and Jin thinks he's hot stuff.

"It's a little too late for that, Jin." Hoseok stands and blows more smoke in to the air, wishing that somehow, Jin would disappear as fast as the smoke did.

"Please stay with me, Hoseok," he whines and suddenly he's at the said man's waist, holding him tightly and grabbing handfuls of his shirt. "Please, Hoseok. I love you. Is that what you want to hear? I'll say it a million times. I love you. I love you. I love you." His voice breaks on the last 'I love you'.

"We're getting married in two weeks," he confesses and he can feel wetness on his back. "I'll sent you an invite but only if you accept that I love Minyoung and not you." His words are harsh and cruel, but at the same time, pitiful and sympathetic (if that makes sense). Jin's release on his waist loosens and Hoseok places the cigarette between Jin's lips.

"You'll get over me... eventually. Let's hope you finally understand that this," he motions to the bed and himself, "was never meant to be."

Hoseok registers a soft 'I'm sorry' from behind him. "You should be," he replies, slamming the door on his way out. Hoseok fixes his shirt in the elevator and runs a hand through his hair.

"Yeah, I still got it."