Final

Teardrops On My Guitar

Kyu looks at me, I fake a smile so he won't see
That I want and I'm needing everything that we should be

 

Kyuhyun sits down next to Sungmin on his bed and keeps staring at him. Feeling the maknae staring at him, Sungmin lifts his head and meets Kyuhyun’s gaze. The younger studies his hyung’s face and can tell he’s been crying. As if reading his mind, Sungmin gives a reassuring smile to say he’s fine. Knowing his hyung is not, he pulls him into hug. Sungmin places his chin on Kyuhyun’s shoulder and silently lets the tears fall.

 


I'll bet she's beautiful, that girl he talks about,
And she's got everything that I have to live without.

 

Sungmin’s heart breaks after every sentence Kyuhyun says:

“Hyung, we’re going to go on another date!”

“Where should I take her today?”

“Do I look good? Do you think she’ll like what I’m wearing?”

“I got her flowers today!”

“I’m going to pick her up. I’ll be back later hyung.”

 

Once the younger leaves, Sungmin smiles bitterly.



Kyu talks to me, I laugh 'cause it's just so funny 
And I can't even see anyone when he's with me

 

“Since you’re mine, don’t give your heart to anyone else.”

The members all laughed as they heard this again. Sungmin painfully laughed. Who was he to think Kyuhyun was being serious in his message? Why would he ever return his feelings? He has a girlfriend anyway. Sungmin looked at the maknae laughing at his own ‘anonymous’ message. When he heard those words, he felt like it was only the two of them, no girlfriend. But reality woke him up as he heard roaring laughter.

 


He says he's so in love, he's finally got it right,
I wonder if he knows he's all I think about at night

 

“Hyung, I think she’s the one. I love her so much.”

Sungmin sadly sighs and lies in his own bed. For the past couple of nights, the two would stay up late at night where Kyuhyun wouldn’t stop talking about his ‘love’, and Sungmin always zoned out and thought about Kyuhyun and himself.

He's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar
The only thing that keeps me wishing on a wishing star
He's the song in the car I keep singing, don't know why I do

 

Sungmin stares out the window of the van. They just finished another performance of their new song Swing, and all his attention is on the stars.

“What if naega geudel
Meonjeo mannasseoddamyeon
Ani chararina, geudaereul mollasseoddamyeon”

(What if.. I met you first..
No, if I didn’t know you)

“Hyung, what are you singing?” Kyuhyun asks.

“Our song What If” Sungmin simply replies.

The maknae tilts his head, “Why are you singing that hyung?”

The other shrugs his shoulders and continues to look at the night sky. He sighs and keeps singing.

 


Kyu walks by me, can he tell that I can't breathe?

 

Once the group finished filming their new video Swing, they lay down on the floor, quietly resting. One by one, the members pick themselves up off the floor and start to change back into normal clothes. Sungmin was the first one to get changed, and when he came out, he saw Kyuhyun walking past him. Sungmin’s breath hitched when he say how amazing Kyuhyun looked.

 


And there he goes, so perfectly,
The kind of flawless I wish I could be

 

‘Why is he so perfect?’ Sungmin mentally asked himself as Kyuhyun continues to walk by. If he were so stunning and perfect, then Kyuhyun would fall for Sungmin… But he’s a guy. What chance does he have?

 


She better hold him tight, give him all her love
Look in those beautiful eyes and know she's lucky 'cause

 

“Min, can you please tie this for me?” Kyuhyun asks as he walks over to Sungmin.

The other chuckles, “How do you still not know how to tie your own tie?”

The younger just shrugs as Sungmin grabs the tie and starts to gently tie it. Once finished, he looks up into Kyuhyun’s eyes. The two end up staring at each other but were quickly disturbed when Kyuhyun’s phone rang. He hesitantly walked to where is phone was and answered. Sungmin’s heart was erratically beating. He got lost in those beautiful eyes and realised how lucky that girl must be.

“Hyung I have to go. I’m going to pick her up now!” Kyuhyun says as he rushes out the door. The elder was only there to help him get ready for his date. If that girl doesn't treat his dongsaeng right, he won't hesitate to bash her.

 


He's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar
The only thing that keeps me wishing on a wishing star
He's the song in the car I keep singing, don't know why I do

 

“Hanbeonman nal saranghaejwoyo

Ttakhanbeon michidorok bulleobwado doenayo

Naemamhana deohaejuryeo geudaegyeote ireoke gakkai gallaeyo” Sungmin quietly sung.

(Please love me just once

Can I crazily call out your name just once?

Because of my heart, I want to go closer to your side)

Kyuhyun listened to him and silently chuckled as his hyung sang his own song. He looked down as a sad smile appeared on his face.

 


So I drive home alone.

 

‘Oppa, please hurry up! We'll be late and I really can't miss this...’

Kyuhyun read the text message as he started rushing to quickly find his things. She wouldn’t text him like this if it was an emergency, and he had an idea of what it already was. After their recording, Kyuhyun was about to leave when Sungmin came up to him.

“Where are you going Kyu? Why are you in a rush?” the elder asked.

“Not now hyung, I need to leave” Kyuhyun said as he tried to leave.

“You’re with her again?” Sungmin quietly stated rather than asked. Kyuhyun nodded and was about to go through the door when his hyung said something,

“Do you want me to drop you off there? It’s not like it’s life-threatening, you can take your time.”

Kyuhyun remained silent and walked out the door without another word.

Sungmin squeezed his eyes close and drove home in the van alone.

 


As I turn out the light
I'll put his picture down
And maybe get some sleep tonight.

 

Once getting home, Sungmin dragged himself to the shared room and changed straight into his pajamas. When walking to turn the lights off, he looked around. There were so many pictures frames around the room, pictures with the whole group, pictures with other people, pictures with family, but mostly, pictures of him and Kyuhyun. He turned the light off and put down the picture frame of him and Kyuhyun drinking wine that was on his bedside table. He wasn’t going to think of Kyuhyun anymore, he's given up.



'Cause he's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar
The only one who's got enough of me to break my heart

 

About a year after Kyuhyun joined the group, him and Sungmin were glued to the hip, they never did anything without each other. All the Super Junior members teased them and told them to hurry up and get together. Sungmin blushed every time because yes, he wanted it to happen. On the other hand, Kyuhyun never said anything and ignored it.

Years later, Kyuhyun announced to the group he had a girlfriend. Everyone was shocked, especially Sungmin. No one knew he was seeing a girl as they’ve never even seen her. When the maknae announced the news, Sungmin could feel his heart shattering. No one said anything, but all looked at Sungmin. He painfully smiled and said one word, “Congratulations…”

 


He's the song in the car I keep singing, don't know why I do
He's the time taken up, but there's never enough
And he's all that I need to fall into.

 

Sungmin and Kyuhyun always have their secret wine time. Usually it goes for the whole night, them talking about anything. Sure Sungmin may get tired during their wine time, and he may lose his sleep, but this is there special time, just the two of them. They both wish their wine time could go on forever, but life isn’t fair, and gives them only until 6am until they need to get up and go to schedules.



Kyu looks at me, I fake a smile so he won't see…

 

Sungmin slowly places his guitar back down on his bed with a sad smile. He closes his song book and wipes his tears, trying to stop them from flowing although failing. Sungmin silently cries alone as the teardrops fall onto his guitar.

 

Kyuhyun chokes back a sob as he hears the love of his life finish this song about him. His back is resting against the outside of their room’s door.

“A few more days hyung, just wait a few more days…” Kyuhyun whispers.

The sound of footsteps coming towards him makes him look up. Here she is.

“Ready to go?” she asks softly. Kyuhyun nods and stands up from the door, but is pulled into a tight hug.

“I’m so sorry Kyuhyun oppa…” she says.

He shakes his head and sadly smiles, “No, I’m happy to do this. It’s only a few more days.”

 

The two secretly get in the car and start driving until they reach their destination. They walk inside and stop until they are standing in front of a door.

“Oppa, I’m sorry for making you go through this. Once it’s done, please just go after him. You both love each other so much” the girl says.

Kyuhyun sighs, “He probably doesn’t want me anymore… Every time I see him, he’s in so much pain. Every time we come and visit your mum, I have to say it’s a date and he doesn’t know I'm lying. It breaks my heart to not be able just hug him and tell him I’m here for him and I love him. I love him, I love him so much…”

The other pats his back, “A few more days okay? Then you can be free. You have been such a kind person to my mother and I.”

 

They hold each other’s hands and walk through the doors and see her mother’s almost lifeless body lying on the hospital bed.

“Hello you two lovebirds.” The sick one welcomes.

“Good to see you again… Umma…” Kyuhyun hesitantly says.

The mother and daughter share a long hug.

“Sweetie, thank you for fulfilling my wish before I die. I’ve always wanted to see my daughter fall in love before I die. Kyuhyun, thank you for always being there for my daughter. When I die, please be happy you two” her mother tells the two.

“Umma, please don’t say that! You know you’ll be fine and we can live as a happy family.” It was a lie. The three of them knew it was a lie. The lady in front of them was too sick to move.

 

The eldest just chuckles, “Yes honey, I’ll be fine. Now you two should go now. I don’t want to interrupt your time.”

Kyuhyun smiles at her, “You know our time is never wasted seeing you.”

His girlfriend gives her mother a long, loving hug, knowing this will be the last time she’ll ever see her. Tears fall down her cheeks as she says her goodbyes.

 

The two walk out and go to the car, but just stand there.

“Oppa, I want to break up now. I know we said after my mother… dies, but I don’t want to hold you back any longer. My mother said we should be happy, and you will be happy with Sungmin Oppa and I’ll be happy seeing you on television with him. Now go get Sungmin Oppa.” The girl who has kept Sungmin and him from being together for the past few years is finally letting him go.

Kyuhyun hugs his now ex-girlfriend for the last time, “Thank you so much”.

“No, thank you Oppa. You’ve made Umma so happy, I really can’t believe this thing worked for four years. Thank you for acting as my boyfriend.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

‘Min hyung, it’s all over now, we can finally be together’.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: There you go :) I don't know if I should make a sequel or not... What do you think? Comment whether I should make a sequel~ I think everyone can tell I like basing stories off of events or songs... They give me inspirtation XD Hope you enjoyed the story, sorry if it's bad OTL