Orange Twilight

Orange Twilight

It’s been a month since the four students forced to make a musical group for an interschool competition by Ms. Kwon. They opted to meet every afterschool in one of Seoul Arts High School’s music room. Eventually, Ms. Kwon has given a spare key of the room to them so they could use the room every time they want. It’s been a while since their last meeting because of Eunji and Yoseob’s last fight. Thank goodness, they’ve made up automatically and acted as usual. Yoseob’s anger was only for that moment and lately he apologized to Eunji realizing his fault. Eunji forgave him. However it didn’t mean to stop their rivalry. Hence, Eunji a bit jealous of Yoseob because he got a better score than her on Korean literature test today. That’s why, she was still pouting when entering the music room along with Yoseob.

“Oh, you’re here!” Himchan welcomed them with his usual bright smile. However he halted once his stare glanced at Eunji’s face. “Yah, what’s wrong with you? Are you fighting again?” he asked in concern toward Eunji and Yoseob. Yoseob only smirked while Eunji shook her head and murmured some words like ‘nothing’. Himchan then shrugged and let them to have a seat with him and Yongguk who have already been in the room minutes earlier. Acted as a gentleman, he pulled a stool for Eunji and referred her with a mannered hand.

“Thanks,” Eunji muttered and smiled.

“You’re welcome, Princess,” he grinned and gained an elbow from Eunji on his arm. He chuckled by Eunji’s cute embarrassment and then let himself to sit on his own seat beside Yongguk. Yongguk just only smiled even since the two entered the room and when Himchan teased Eunji as well. He has been accustomed by the group and acted as a calm daddy watching only over his kids. Thus, he’d been chosen as the leader of the group automatically.

“So, what will we do for today, Himchan-ssi?” Eunji asked politely to Himchan, despite to the leader. Honestly, she felt a bit uncomfortable to talk straightly toward Yongguk. His appearance somehow looked scary for her. Though he never used any profane words and always acted very polite, his heavy and serious tone was scary in her eyes. That’s why, she barely talked to him unless Kim Himchan was around.

“Wait a minute. What’s you called me by just now?” Himchan frowned.

Eunji blinked. “Himchan…-ssi?”

“Aigoo… can’t you just drop any formalities between us? You have to call me only by name, without any additional title, Eunji-yah,” Himchan requested her and tapped her shoulder casually. “Or… how about you call us ‘oppa’, since you’re a year younger than us?” he winked mischievously.

She hissed at Himchan’s teasing. “Eish, what’s with ‘oppa’? I’ll just call you by name then, Kim-Him-Chan,” she decided and spelled his name playfully.

“Great. What a nice girl you are, Eunji-yah,” he grinned in satisfy and ruffled her hair softly while the girl tried to dodge so he wouldn’t mess her hair.

“And call me ‘Yoseobbie, the Fire-Seob’,” Yoseob interrupted. He made a cute bunny pose with his fingers, and curled them to make an aegyo-pose. “Bbuing-bbuing. Hng-ngh, hng-ngh,” he squeaked. The other three giggled by watching his cute pose.

“You know, our Bbang-leader can do aegyo better than you,” Himchan provoked, made the silent Bang Yongguk stunned in agape. 

“What are you talking about? I can’t do any aegyo at all!” he stuttered in an expression he never showed before as he always showed his charismatic side only. His face just turned red in seconds because his best friend shot right on his weakness. Himchan knew him very well that he hate it when people forced him to make a cute pose, to do an aegyo.

“Oh, really? You will do an aegyo? I’m very anticipating!” Yoseob crossed his arm casually in front of his chest, totally anticipating Yongguk’s show. Eunji nodded in agree and followed Yoseob’s gesture, ready to watch the leader’s aegyo.

“Come on, Bbang! Show us!” Himchan compelled him.

“No. I won’t ever do any aegyo,” Yongguk insisted.

“Please Bbang, everyone wants you! Right?” Himchan referred his last question to the other two.

“Yes!” Yoseob and Eunji shouted in sync.

“Come on, Bbang!”

Yongguk’s lip twitched, he tried to mouth some words but couldn’t say anything for his friends’ oppression. In the end, he lifted his hand to the side of his head and made a bunny pose timidly.

Suddenly, “Bbuing…, bbuing.”

……….

Everyone couldn’t help but laugh out loud for their leader’s heavy-voiced aegyo! Thus, Yongguk drowned his face out low into his palms, felt too much embarrassment. Never did in his life he would do another aegyo even if someone forced him to do it again. Totally. Never. Ever.

Damn you, Kim Himchan! He cussed in his mind.

***

 

The four then continued their practice in the music room. They formed an ensemble group for the interschool music competition on the half-end of this year. Yongguk was the leader, rapper and took charge in playing keyboard and synthesizer. Eunji and Yoseob were the main vocal and also playing guitar. Eunji for lead melody and Yoseob for rhythm. Lastly, Himchan took part as backing vocal and playing bass guitar or sometimes piano and other additional instruments.

They might play around a lot, but when it’s time for practice, they behaved seriously and full of concentration. They poured all of their passion every time they sang and played music as if they were pro. No wonder their teachers chose them as Seoul Arts high School representatives for the prestigious competition.
But there’s one problem. They didn’t have any name for the group yet. Himchan suggested of discussing the name today, but they’re stuck on their mind and couldn’t find any appropriate name yet. And as time went by, the sky changed its color and showed beautiful scenery of twilight outside. They could clearly view it solemnly through the windows. Yongguk, Himchan and Yoseob even approach the window’s edge and lean on it to see the view better. Whilst, Eunji sat on her seat, watched the silhouette of the three boys in front of her backgrounded by color of soft orange.

Somehow it snapped on Eunji’s mind and she muttered something quite loud for the others hearing her. “Orange… Twilight?”

“What?” the boys turned out their head facing the only girl in that room.

“What about we name our group as ‘Orange Twilight’?” she suggested, finally said her thought coherently. The three boys turned their glance back to the sky view for a few seconds and back again to face Eunji. Something quite snapped on each of their mind as well.

“Woah, that’s a good name, Eunji-yah!” Yoseob agreed her.

“Brilliant! I like that name, ‘Orange Twilight’,” Himchan impressed.

Yongguk didn’t give any verbal comment but a wide gummy smile crept on his face as he nodded in approval.

And that’s how they got the name of the group, ‘Orange Twilight’.

***

 

Rain fell right after Eunji finished her practices with her bandmates that day. The boys opted to stay in the music room, and convinced her to wait for the rain stop with them. But Eunji insisted because her father was already in the way to pick her up so she run herself to go outside to the nearest shelter in front of the school. And there, he met someone she knew.

Yong Junhyung.

Eunji quite surprised because their school time ended hours ago and she remembered that Junhyung didn’t join any extracurricular club in their school that’s why he always straightly went home after school. She find it awkward when meeting him there, sitting alone under the shelter as if he was waiting for someone or something. Didn’t he bring any umbrella with him? Or didn’t he get any bus in direct to his house? Eunji sure that there were many buses or taxis went across this street in front of their school. But why was he sitting there?

“You’re here! Didn’t come home yet?” she asked and joined to sit beside him under the shelter.

“It’s rain…,” he muttered. “… and I waited for someone,” he said in even lower voice barely heard.

“Y-yes?” Eunji asked. Honestly, even though the rain sound filled the air, she could clearly hear what Junhyung just talked. She just didn’t sure whether she heard wrong because Junhyung’s words somehow made her thought something she couldn’t believe. It can’t be that Yong Junhyung was waiting for her?

“Uh, nothing,” he cleared his voice.

They stayed in silence for seconds. Eunji found it so awkward that she didn’t dare to look at him straightly and only look at her shoes’ tiptoes.

“Eunji-yah…,” he suddenly called her name. Eunji saw him handed a handkerchief toward her and she just blinked in surprise. “Your hair… it’s wet…,” he protruded the handkerchief even more forced her to take it. It looked like that he also felt too awkward to just straightly wipe her wet hair by himself. Eunji just realized that he was such a gentleman to her.

“Thanks,” she twitched and took the handkerchief to wipe her hair then inserted it into her pocket planned to return it after she washed it later.

They’re back in to silence and suddenly a car honked in front of them. Eunji lift her face to find her father’s car already arrived to pick her up. She got up in relief and went in to the car after muttered some farewell to her classmate. She felt it too awkward to ask him to ride in her car together and just shrugged her tend. Junhyung smiled casually and waved his hand as his respond. Once Eunji was already in car, she asked for an umbrella to her father to lend it to Junhyung. But when she looked back at the shelter, she saw Junhyung already left with an umbrella protected him of the rain fall, bewildered her at the moment.

Did he really just wait for Eunji, for sure?

***

 


A/N: Another update! And I've just betrayed myself as I planned to go on hiatus for a while.. =w=a Anyway, hope you'll like the update and please don't kill me if I just killed your fantasy of who will be Eunji's pair in this story~:p I hope you'll enjoy the teasing and keep on wondering who will be Eunji's lover in the end of this story later. ;)

I'll go hiatus for real after updating my other stories tonight because tomorrow and the day after I'll have to attend a creativity bazaar held by me and my friends in uni. Wish me luck, guys. See you in next longer update.^^/

ETA: I'll give you bonus of Bang leader's bunny aegyo~:"3

 

(gifs credit to the rightful owner)

#shalala~ #died~