Who Are You?

Who Are You?

[Sulli]

 

"Yah! Lee TaeMin! Don't be like this!"

"You said you loved him,"

"But not in that way! I meant I loved him like he was my brother!"

"That doesn't matter anymore. We're over,"

"TaeMin-ah, je-jebal,"

"You know, JinRi, it's partly your fault, too,"

"What?"

"If you weren't so perfect, I wouldn't have fallen for you, and this wouldn't have happened,"

"Is- is that a compliment?"

"Depends on the way you see it,"

"TaeMin,"

"So what? Is it a compliment or an insult?"

"A bit of both,"

"And..."

"And what?"

"Can't you just admit that you're in love with MinHo hyung?"

"F*** no!"

"But it's the truth!"

"It's not. Why can't you just believe me?"

"Because you said it yourself. You said you loved hyung,"

"But I love you-"

"No, you don't."

"Yah!"

"Maybe that's what your head says about MinHo, but you have to follow your heart,"

"In breaking up with me, you're just following your heart?"

"Yup,"

"Are you crazy?"

"No. I'm just doing the right thing,"

"How can that be the right thing?"

"You love him. I won't get in your way,"

 

Silently, tears flowed down my cheeks as I remembered his words to me. In his, I mean TaeMin.

 

"Who are you?"

 

That was what he said that made my heart shatter. He forgot m when he said he loved me? Crazy idiot. What was he even doing when he got in that accident?

 

"Crying. He was crying,"

 

MinHo's words rang in my head. Crying? Him? That oh-so-strong idiot who never cries?

 

"Pabo," I muttered. "You cried while driving? You should have known better than that,"

"He's an idiot, isn't he?" a voice said beside me. I looked to the side.

"Ne," I nodded.

"He was thinking of you. you know. He was regretting his decision,"

"What decision?"

"In breaking up with you. Leaving you, thinking that you were in love with me when you actually weren't,"

"He's such an idiot,"

"An idiot you fell for,"

"Yup. Which makes me one, too,"

"You're just partly an idiot. At least you know better than to drive and cry at the same time,"

"Well... Maybe he has a lot of reasons for that,"

"Maybe.  For one, he's madly in love with you. Two, he's crazy. Jjinja."

"So mean,"

"Sorry,"

"Arasseo..."

 

There was silence...

 

"D-do you love him that much to stay with him even though he doesn't remember you?"

"I'm stupid, aren't I?"

"No,"

"Admit it. Tell me the truth. That I'm stupid,"

"You're not stupid. I just envy him for having someone like you care for him that much,"

"I care for you, too,"

"Not like this, though,"

"Do you want me to care for you like this?"

"Honestly, yes,"

"Oh..."

______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

[TaeMin]

 

"Choi JinRi..." I repeated the name for what seemed like the nth time that day. She was so familiar to me yet I didn't know how I knew her. I sighed and closed my eyes.

 

Choi JinRi...

 

"Who is she, hyung?"

"Your girlfriend,"

"Girlfriend?"

"Well... It hurts to say this but she's your ex,"

"Then why is she here?"

"She loves you a lot,"

"But she's my ex,"

"Still... You were the one who ended your relationship,"

"Why? What happened?"

"You accused her of loving me,"

"What?!"

"You even forgot that?"

"Yeah. What happened to me anyway?"

"You got in an accident. Car crash,"

"Oh..."

"Don't you remember anything about her?"

"No. Nothing until you told me,"

 

I quickly sat up, my eyes wide.

Choi JinRi....

My first love...

My ex-girlfriend...

I still loved her. Pabo. I broke up with her.

Aish....Ottokhae???

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Every single day, I see her with MinHo hyung. It hurts me to see her with him, not me. I know I don't have the right to feel hurt about this, but I just do. I won't deny the fact I love her, but... Will she deny it if I ask her if she loves me?

 

Sometimes, it seems like the world is ending. They seem so close. Like they're dating. Like they're in love. Were we ever like that?

 

"Yes, you were. You were so cute together. It was obvious you two were in love," a quiet voice said befhind me. I turned around.

"Hyung,"

 

"Go to her. She shouldn't be hurt any longer. She's alone. Tell her how you feel,"

"Will she reject me? I'm scared,"

"Scared of what? Of rejection?"

"Yes,"

"Don't be. I know she still loves you,"

"But I hurt her,"

"Yeah so? She doesn't hate you,"

"Still,"

"Don't be a coward. You said you would always be there for her. Remember that?"

"I remember,"

"Then go,"

"Do you like her?"

"I like her, but I'm willing to give her up if you're the one she really loves,"

"Why?"

"Because if you're the one she loves, what can I do to change her heart?"

______________________________________________________________________________________________

[Sulli]

 

"I- I love you," I said, my head down.

"I know," he said softly. I slowly looked up. He gave me a faint smile and pulled me in his arms. "Will you... Will you forgive me?"

"Pabo," I flicked his forehead gently. "How could I not? Of course I forgive you,"

"Jjinja?" he stared at me, his eyes wide. I smiled and nodded. "Can I- can I kiss you?"

"What do you think?"

"I don't know,"

"Aish... Just kiss me,"

 

And just like that, I was his girlfriend again... Sealing it with a kiss, we promised each other we wouldn't let let go, no matter what.