Post-It Wedding

Post-It Wedding
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"No relationship is all sunshine, but two people can share one umbrella and survive the storm together" 

                                                   -Author Unknown

 

 

Finding true love is different for everyone. For some, it happens early in their life, growing from a young crush into a strengthened love. Others wait until their later years to settle down and start a family. Some find love in friendships that weren't meant to be anything more.

This is exactly where Donghae and Hyukjae found theirs. 

15 years ago, the two men would have never imagined they'd be in the relationship they were now. As trainees in the same company and best friends before that, they grew up together, giving them the opportunity to see each other strive through the good times and fighting through the hard ones.  

Hyukjae was there when Donghae's father passed away. He made sure to keep him by his side so he wouldn't have to be alone when he cried. 

Donghae never left Hyukjae's side in the horrifying car accident that shook Super Junior and ELFs' world. Every moment of every day at that time was focused on the members involved, but Donghae felt especially broken watching Hyukjae in pain. At that point, he knew how he felt about Hyukjae. He feared how his life would be if Hyukjae didn't survive.  

And it terrified him to his very core to imagine living a life without Lee Hyukjae in it.  

Over time, their friendship only grew stronger, showing everyone that their bond and relationship as brothers in Super Junior was unbreakable. The favored pairing of Eunhae brought heaps of popularity, fans chanting the couple name the moment they were ever near each other onstage or on the street. The members would tease the boys about it, but they didn't fully realize the hidden feelings behind the Eunhae act. It became hard for Donghae to hide his feelings anymore, and on Hyukjae's 23rd birthday, Donghae confessed his love for his best friend. It would be an understatement to say that Hyukjae was shocked, for there are no clear words to explain the emotions he felt in that moment. The closest he could come to describing them would be surprise, fear, and confusion.  

But there was one feeling that quickly overtook all the others and gave him the strength to act: joy.  

The joy he felt drove him forward to place a kiss on Donghae's thin lips; a kiss to mark the beginning of a relationship that would be impossible to break.  

The members were happy for them; after some time, they realized there were some concealed feelings between the two and they were relieved to find out they both felt the same way and could enjoy each others company the way they had longed for. Now the lingering stares and light touches onstage and on camera were real and full of pure emotion.  

However, they couldn't take things to the full extent they wanted to. 

It was true that the company urged Eunhae to continue their skin-ship and bring the fans to the edge of their seats with how close they were onstage, but once the cameras were off and they were in the presence of managers, they were only Lee Donghae and Lee Hyukjae. No mention of Eunhae was uttered; neither was to touch the other. The rules were strict: no relationships. This was meant to apply in the company to boy/girl couples. Never did Lee Soo Man expect to have to implement this rule on 2 men. He suspected some sort of business going on between different people in the company, but thankfully he never caught anyone; he never caught Donghae and Hyukjae.  

Being gay was still a huge controversy in Korea, and he would do anything to protect the image of SM, no matter how many bad reps he received himself. His company was the leading entertainment company in Korea, and it would remain that way, untainted by controversial scandals of homouality. Donghae and Hyukjae had been careful to not let anything slip up. Of course, the members didn't say a word and were always ready to defend the couple. Outside and in the company, they were not allowed to be together.  

However, when they were back at the dorm, they could be what they really were: in love. No one cared if they hugged for longer than usual; no one cared if they placed soft, loving kisses on each other's lips. The members gave them their privacy and did nothing but encourage them throughout their whole relationship. If it weren't for their support, both Hyukjae and Donghae wondered how they'd ever be able to continue in their secret relationship. 

Although they felt choked by the pressure to maintain their secret, they felt safe knowing they had each other. Their bond grew stronger over years of hardships and challenges, but they always came out smiling in the end. They managed to push aside the fear of being caught and only thought about the moments they could spend together.  

Donghae loved Hyukjae to the point that he would give up anything for him. The days he knew they both didn't have schedules would be reserved for quiet time at the dorm. They would relax and simply enjoyed being near each other without having to worry about being caught. They could kiss to their hearts' content; they could make love and ignore the world. Nothing mattered when they were alone. No one could ruin the precious moments they could express their undying love for each other.  

Falling in love in a time and place where your love is considered wrong; it's beyond difficult. But Hyukjae and Donghae were willing to work through it together. They did wish they could show everyone how they feel. It's difficult to hide the emotions that seem to be the only thing driving you forward. Especially when all you want is to have a concrete knowledge that your love will last forever; a commitment that in this time is only deemed acceptable between a man and woman. Something to show the world that Donghae belonged to Hyukjae, and Hyukjae belonged to Donghae.  

All Donghae and Hyukjae want to do is get married. 

*

"How does this one look?" 

Hyukjae turned around to look at the man who called him who was facing the mirror, adjusting the silver satin bow tie resting at the base of his neck. His suit jacket and pants were black, with a silver vest underneath to match the bow tie. He turns around so Hyukjae can get a full view and stands straight.  

Hyukjae looks him up and down and nods with a small smile. "I think this is the one," he says with two thumbs up, "The silver really suits you."  

The man smiles triumphantly at his choice before looking slightly behind Hyukjae. "How about you Donghae?" 

Hyukjae's heart warms up at the mere mention of his love's name and turns around to see him walking towards the area reserved for them. Before responding, he sent a smile in Hyukjae's direction and stood beside him. 

"What do you think?"  

"Do you want my opinion on your suit or the washroom, because honestly I could say quite a bit about both," Donghae says half-seriously, "Honestly, that was the fanciest bathroom I've ever been in."  

Hyukjae stifles a laugh and lowers his head to avoid looking at the younger in an attempt to distract himself from wanting to wrap his arms around him.  

The elder between the three chuckles lightly before turning around to look at himself in the mirror again, "Well I guess since this is one of the most exclusive stores for tuxedos in the city, they go all out." Donghae nods and turns to Hyukjae. 

"Seriously Hyuk," he says in slight awe, "It's huge, and the mirrors have these Hollywood lights. You feel like a movie star with all the shiny decor and dim lighting. Kind of weird for a washroom though, now that I think about it."  

"Donghae," Hyukjae says after the younger finishes talking about his adventure in the fancy washroom, "You really are such a kid sometimes." Donghae sticks his tongue out playfully at his secret boyfriend, making Hyukjae re-evaluate his answer that in fact, Donghae acted like a child most of the time. That was one of the things he loved about him. Although they were close to becoming 30, Donghae emitted this youthful aura that would put Hyukjae in a good mood when he was feeling down or tired. Having Donghae around was the best part of Hyukjae's day. When there were days they both had different schedules and couldn't see each other, their mood change was noticeable. It's come to a point where Hyukjae just couldn't be himself without Donghae around, and the same could be said for Donghae.  

"Honestly though, you look really handsome," Donghae said sincerely to his manager, "Noona is really lucky to have you as a husband."  

"Thanks guys, I can't believe this is actually happening. I've managed to find the one person I want to spend the rest of my life with and I couldn't be happier," he said with a gleaming smile as he adjusted the tuxedo a bit more, looking himself over again and giving himself an approving nod.  

Donghae turns his head to look at Hyukjae and they share a small smile with a hint of sadness. The topic of marriage had always been a sensitive one for them.  

After being together for so many years, the topic was bound to come up, especially with how much they cared about each other. They had already spent more than half of their life together, as best friends and then more, and they were certain by now that there was no other person for each of them that they'd rather spend the rest of their life with. Hyukjae first mentioned it one morning after a night of passionate love-making, possibly one of the most memorable ones they’ve shared. Hyukjae couldn't hold back how much he loved Donghae anymore and that he truly wanted to spend the rest of his life with him, not only in Super Junior, but as his husband as well. The elder was somewhat nervous about bringing it up, worrying that it would scare Donghae that Hyukjae was thinking so far into the future already and wanting his opinion on it.  

But Hyukjae couldn't have even more relieved when Donghae wore one of his brightest smiles when he told him he wanted to spend the rest of his life with him. With a sweet kiss, Hyukjae received his answer that Donghae felt the exact same way. Since then, they only felt more in love, happy to be with the person they wished to one day marry. However, they knew their wish wouldn't be easily or soon fulfilled. Gay marriage still wasn't legal in South Korea and most of the community was uncomfortable with the whole controversy. Although they are allowed to be in a relationship, they don't receive the same treatment as heteroual couples. What's more is that Donghae and Hyukjae couldn't even come out to their managers or company in fear of what they may do if they want to break them apart, which is why the topic of marriage between the two always ended with warm hugs and reassurances they everything would be ok.  

"Alright, I'm going to go get changed then reserve this tux and then we'll drop you off at the dorm, seeing as how you guys don't have any schedules today," their manager said as he stepped off the small stand, "And maybe you guys can say hi to the fans out there? Maybe politely ask them to stop crowding around the entrance too. That security guard looks like he can't handle the power of fangirls for much longer." 

Donghae and Hyukjae looked towards the front door of the store to see a group of about 10 girls with cameras and excited expressions.  

"I'm sure they'll listen to Hyukjae, he's very convincing," Donghae said, lightly punching the elder's shoulder. Their manager nods and walks down a hallway into the change room area.  

Hyukjae lets out a light scoff at Donghae. "Hey, why can't you talk? I don't want to have to scold fans for being a disturbance." 

"And you think I'll be able to? Hyuk, I can barely say an interesting thing about myself in interviews. I mean I love our fans, you know I do, but in groups they can be kind of intimidating." Hyukjae smiles at his boyfriend's silly worry, but understands where he's coming from. "Besides," Donghae continues saying in a quieter voice, "there's no doubt that 'Eunhae' is going to come up and you know I'm terrible at hiding expressions." Donghae could feel the stares of the fans outside peering in through the glass windows, waiting for any touches or looks they could post on their fan sites and share delight in with the rest of the Eunhae fan community. Being the tease he always was, Hyukjae steps closer to Donghae and ruffles his hair in a playing manner. The squeals of the girls outside could be heard and Donghae automatically feels the warmth on his cheeks grow as he shook his head with a nervous laugh. 

"Seriously Hyuk, I'm really bad at talking." 

"I know, I know," the elder says, "Don't worry, but we both have to go out there." He walks forward towards the front f the store with Donghae following closely behind. Hyukjae knocks on the glass door to get the security guard's attention, who opens the door enough for the two men to step out into a flurry of girls and excited murmurs.  

"Hi everyone!" Hyukjae says happily, waving both hands to the girls taking pictures and a chorus of hellos was heard, "How are all of you? I hope

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter