Little Angel

Little Angel

Little Angel



Hyun Joong expected to be devoured by work but their manager granted his request and worked things out so that he could spend more time at home. Although he still had a mountain of scripts and lyrics to review but at least he still managed to stay home and attend to his very pregnant wife. He stayed home every moment he could, he wanted to be there when the time comes.


The Double S boys, Top together with the BigBang boys and his best friend Jae Joong have been constantly reminding him to call them if anything momentous happens. He even had to do the pinky promise with everyone just to keep their mouth shut; their anxiousness is making him a lot more nervous than he already was.


On the second week of September Hyun Joong was inside their study, reviewing another movie script. Which was thoroughly screened by his hormonal wife. All movies with kissing scenes had been rejected, not that he was complaining. It was perfectly fine with him, no kissing scenes means no jealous pregnant wife.


Hye Jung's due date was still two days away but he chose to stay at home to be on the safe side, you'll never know. She was in the baby's room, folding tiny white baby clothes and checking things over for what her husband accused her of being the thousandth time. She was just putting the clothes back to one of the drawers when she felt heard a strange pop and suddenly she felt a gush of warm water run past her legs and onto the floor.


She stood there for a moment, looking startled then walked into the baby's bathroom and looked for some towels to clean the mess on the floor. She felt an odd sensation cramping both her stomach and back and knew that she had to call Hyun Joong and her doctor. But first she had to clean the floor. Her doctor already told her that when her water bag raptures she should call her but she knew that from that time it will still take hours. And he was just next door; there wasn't any reason to panic at all.

She felt a sudden surge of excitement as she realized that in a matter of few hours she would be holding her baby in her arms. She laughed to herself and knelt on the floor to wipe away the wet spots but the laughter caught in and she had to clutch the drawers beside her to keep from screaming her lungs out. A cramp had struck her so brutally that she could hardly breathe. It seemed hours before the pain ebbed and there was already a damp veil of sweat on her forehead.


It was definitely time to call for the doctor and Hyun Joong.


She carefully stood up and supported her weight by leaning on the drawer. She first went inside the bathroom and placed the damp towels on the sink. She slowly turned again and headed towards the door. She was just a foot away when she suddenly felt a pressure so sharp and so heavy that she fell on the floor. She held her stomach and moaned in both pain and terror.


In his room Hyun Joong thought he heard a strange animal like , but after a while he decided that it was just the wind blowing and went back to studying his scripts. But after a moment he heard it again, this time a lot louder like it was just outside his study. He turned his head and frowned, straining his ears to better hear the strange sound. And then he realized that it was someone groaning and he heard his own name.


Fear threatened to engulf him but fear also made him stood up upon realizing that it was Hye Jung and he ran towards the door frantically calling her name.


He opened the door and found her lying on the floor gripping her stomach and grinding her teeth in obvious pain.


"Oh my god, Buin what happened?" She was so pale and in such obvious pain that he felt his knees tremble. "Hye Jung honey did you fall?" He instinctively reached for her hand and felt its coldness.

Hye Jung tried to speak but another pain struck her breathless, hindered her from speaking another word. She forced her head to turn sideways as an answer to Hyun Joong's question.


Hyun Joong watched his wife's face contort in so much pain that he winced and immediately placed his arms around her to carry her but she screamed. "Don't touch me. You will never lay a finger on me ever again. This is all your fault!"


Hyun Joong froze. "Buin we need to go to the hospital fast. I'll be gentle." He promised and proceeded to carry her towards their car.


Hye Jung tried breathing in and out but the pain was getting stronger and stronger making it harder for her to take even quick breathes.


Hyun Joong on the other hand was furiously waving the car through the traffic as they zoomed their way to the hospital. He called their doctor and asked them to ready the stretcher for his wife.


Hye Jung groaned and moaned in pain when the nurses carried her towards the waiting stretcher. She tightly gripped her husband’s hand as she fought the strong urge to cry and curse everyone for the pain that she had to experience.


"Buin I'm just right beside you. Breathe." Hyun Joong coed and wiped the perspiration off her face. He breathed in and out urging his wife to do the same.


Hours later the pain turned worse, Hye Jung felt like her insides were ripping. She held Hyun Joong's hands tighter as she started pushing. Hyun Joong frantically pressed the buzzer and called in their doctor.



Hyun Joong never felt so terrified in his life. For a moment he felt afraid that Hye Jung would die, he have never seen anyone in so much pain. And it killed him that he had to witness his wife suffer.


The nurses and doctors arrived, Hyun Joong momentarily felt relieved and told them to do their jobs right. He was about to say something again but Hye Jung's cry of pain stopped him. She started to push harder and this time he heard the doctor's voice.


"I can see it, Mrs. Kim please push harder....a little bit more..that's it..come on, you can do it."


Hyun Joong kept his hand on her shoulders and breathed with her, he felt himself pushing and puffing.


Hye Jung's face turned bright red, she never worked this hard in her entire life and she groaned with effort. It seemed to take forever but the doctor finally grinned and held up a hand. "The baby's crowning..come on Mrs. Kim..PUSH."


Hye Jung tried again, a lot harder this time and the baby moved another inch or so. Hyun Joong felt tears welling in his eyes. They're finally having his first baby with the woman he deeply loves.


"Come on Buin, you can do it..a few more push." He urged on, gently squeezing her hands. She was pushing as though her life, their life depended on it. And with a final strong push the head finally came free and a loud wail filled the whole room.


The doctor grinned, the nurses laughed and Hye Jung and Hyun Joong cried in happiness. Smiling and laughing through their tears.


Hye Jung struggled to sit and Hyun Joong held her up. "What is it?" She could see her baby's angry, red and crunched up face.


The doctor washed the baby first before revealing their baby's identity. "It's a boy."


Hye Jung and Hyun Joong's eyes instantly filled with tears as they looked at him. Hye Jung laughed and looked at her husband with a tired smile. Hyun Joong looked at his wife and kissed her full on the lips. "Thank you."


He pulled back and swept the hair off her face. "You are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. I love you Buin."


Hye Jung felt herself tearing up again. "I love you too Shillang."


"Seven point six pounds. A very healthy baby boy. Good work Mrs. Kim." The doctor the said handling the baby to his proud father.

Hyun Joong smiled brightly as he looked at his son's face. He faced his eager wife and handed her their baby. "Meet your mommy."


Hye Jung's tears once again fell freely on her cheeks. "My angel. Mommy and daddy loves you." She smiled and looked at her husband with love filled eyes.


Truly their Joongie was an angel in human form.