Final.

Be careful what you wish for

Joonmyun have always loved kids. All the time he spent in the orphanage as a volunteer did nothing but strengthens his love for kids.
When they debuted, he was scared that he would not be able to help at the orphanages anymore, but it showed that his schedule often made space for some volunteer work.

Now, seven years after debut, he still went to the orphanage. The stress of being an idol had now worn down a bit and it wasn’t hysterical anymore. Their schedules weren’t packed to the point where they only got one or two hours sleep. Now they sometimes had whole weeks off.

“Joonmyun hyung!” one of the boys pulls his shirt and Joonmyun squats down beside the boy. He was, once again, at the orphanage with some of the EXO members. This was the last time they would visit here for a while, because in just a few days, they would start releasing their comeback teasers and then they would have their hands full.

“How are you today, Hyunwoo-ah?” Joonmyun asks and ruffles the boy’s hair. Said boy giggles a little before throwing himself around Joonmyun’s neck.
“I’m good, I was playing with Yifan hyung!” he says and Joonmyun hums.
“Where is Yifan hyung?” he asks and Hyunwoo loosens his grip. He backs and takes Joonmyun’s hand to pull him away to another room.

There he is, Yifan (who’s also Joonmyun’s boyfriend), playing with the kids. He looks very happy and Joonmyun’s heart swells at the sight.
He has seen Yifan playing with kids many times before, but he never grows tired of seeing Yifan with kids. He looks so happy, like he belongs there.

But, there is a down side with this too. Because whenever Joonmyun sees his boyfriend playing with kids, he’s reminded of the fact that he and Yifan never will have kids on their own.
The thought hurts and sometimes, it even makes it hard for Joonmyun to breathe. He’s twenty-eight this year and Yifan is twenty-nine. It’s about time for kids but… it’s impossible.
Joonmyun is just afraid that Yifan will leave him one day when he realizes that they will stay child-less for life.

“Joonmyun hyung?” Hyunwoo suddenly asks and Joonmyun turns to the boy. He quickly smiles and the child furrows his brows. Then suddenly he reaches out his hands towards Joonmyun’s face and Joonmyun closes his eyes. Hyunwoo picks something off his face and when Joonmyun opens his eyes, Hyunwoo holds an eyelash.
“Blow it and wish something, hyung!” he says and Joonmyun smiles a little before blowing away the eyelash.

‘I wish Yifan and I would have a child together, one day…’

-

“How was the visit at the orphanage?” Baekhyun asks when Joonmyun, Yifan, Zitao, Sehun and Chanyeol returns.
“We had a lot of fun!” Chanyeol beams happily and Joonmyun nods in agreement. Yifan throws him a concerned look.

“Are you okay?” he asks when they’re heading towards the table for dinner.
“Yeah…” Joonmyun hums. He’s been feeling weird ever since they left the orphanage. His head is hurting and he’s just completely drained.
“Just a headache.” He says, scratching the palms of his hands and gives Yifan a little smile.

“Joonmyun hyung, we made sushi today!” Kyungsoo says as he sets down a plate of sushi on the table. Usually, Joonmyun would throw himself over the food, but now he only furrowed his brows and stared at the plate.
“What’s the matter?” Yixing asks, tilting his head. The other members, who had started eating, stops and looks at their leader.
“I… I’m going to eat something else. I appreciate that you made sushi, but I’m not feeling like eating it right now.” He says and stands up. The members just look after him as he goes to the kitchen and then they turn to look at Yifan.
“What’s wrong with him? Did you do anything?” Jongdae asks and Yifan shakes his head.
“Not what I can remember, he has been a bit off ever since we left the orphanage.” He says and the members hums.
“Just leave him be. He’s going to be back to normal tomorrow.” Yixing says and Yifan hums, looking at the direction Joonmyun disappeared.

 

“Are you okay?” Yifan asks for the second time of the day as he slips down in their shared bed. Joonmyun only hums, cuddling closer to Yifan. It feels nice, being skin to skin with Yifan, as they both only wears boxers.
“Really, Myun. What’s wrong?” he repeats and now Joonmyun cracks one eye open. He just sighs and shakes his head.
“Are you sore from yesterday?” Yifan asks, placing a hand on Joonmyun’s lower back.
“I don’t know. I feel weird. I’m tired, my head hurts, my chest feels sore and I didn’t even feel like eating sushi. I always feel like eating sushi.” And all of a sudden, Joonmyun is crying.
“Shi- Joonmyun, it’s fine. You’re just having a bad day.” Yifan panics and pulls Joonmyun in for a close hug.
“Yeah,” Joonmyun finally sniffles after a minute of crying. “Just a bad day.”
“Yes, now we should sleep.” Yifan says and Joonmyun nods into his chest.
 

-
 

“Oh .” Joonmyun curses when he wakes up. He throws a quick glance at the clock. Just a little past two a.m. He quickly gets up from bed and hurries to the bathroom. Never in his life, never once, have he woken up with such a big need to pee. He needs to go now!

When he’s done with his business, he goes to wash his hands. But when he sees his reflection, he freezes. He looks… different. Somehow.
His face is a bit chubbier than it was earlier. He couldn’t possibly have gained this much weight in this short amount of time? Right?
He quickly pulls out the bathroom scale and steps up on it. He has gained six kilos. Since this morning. What?
And now, when looking down on himself, he notices that his s are darker in color. This is beyond weird. He is about to wonder about what to do, but his head is pounding again and he decides to just go back to bed. He’s dealing with this in the morning.

He’s just about to lie down in bed, beside Yifan, he feels a sudden pain in his thighs.
“Oh god, what’s going on?” he grumbles as he, with trouble, lies down again. He closes his eyes and lets out a sigh. This is beyond weird, he thinks as he scratches his, very itchy, stomach.

-

Just two hours later, Joonmyun wakes up again and he sits up with some troubles. His back is hurting and that’s probably what woke him up.
“What should I do?” he grumbles and moves out of bed. He hisses when his sore feet come in contact with the floor. He carefully walks over to the wardrobe and takes out a pair of sleeping pants and a shirt. It’s suddenly very cold and it feels much better when he’s dressed.

But when he looks back at the bed, it suddenly looks very uninviting so he decides to sit down in the armchair instead. The armchair is very comfortable, he notes and lets out a happy sigh. His body isn’t hurting that much anymore, just his chest. He snakes one hand up his shirt just to gently press at his pectorals. It hurts a little. But not as much as earlier. He lets his hand drop but then he notices something. He pulls up his shirt and looks down. His belly button. It normally doesn’t look like that. Because when he last checked, his belly button wasn’t sticking out like this.
“Can this get weirder?” he sighs and leans back in the chair. This would have to wait for tomorrow. If it continues, he would call a doctor.
 

-
 

Joonmyun wakes up again when the clock hits nine a.m, feeling extremely heavy. His back isn’t hurting that much, but something is pressing on his lower back. He groans and tries to lift himself from the armchair but it’s impossible. Looking down, Joonmyun sees what stops him. His stomach. It’s round, bloated and massive. Quickly he slaps a hand over his mouth not to scream in panic and tries to calm himself. He looks over to the bed, where Yifan is sleeping soundly. Yifan is going to wake up, at one point or another and he’s going to see Joonmyun like this.
Slowly removing his hand from his mouth, he places it under his shirt on his stomach. For a moment, he just feels the smooth skin but when a kick bumps against his hand, he screams.

“Joonmyun?!” A very sleepy Yifan sits up and if Joonmyun wasn’t panicking, then he would have laughed. The tall male’s hair is sticking in every direction possible, his eyes are half way shut and under them, he has big eye bags.
“Yi-Yifan!” Joonmyun stutters, voice waving. He doesn’t care how he sounds at this moment. He’s freaking out because this simply doesn’t happen. This is a dream.
That’s it!
It’s a dream!
Joonmyun pinches himself but he doesn’t wake up.
This is not a dream.
.

“Joonmyun?” Yifan asks again, the sleep is gone from his voice and he focuses his eyes on his boyfriend. When he sees clear again, his eyes widen.
“I don’t know what going on!” Joonmyun wails and hides his face in his hands. He can hear a rustle, probably Yifan getting off their bed, but he doesn’t look up from his hands. Suddenly a big hand is placed on his stomach and he looks up. Yifan is gently pressing his hand against his round stomach and rubs a little. Joonmyun just stares but then he winces when a hard kick is directed to his ribs.
“There… there is something, I don’t know what- I mean- what am I going to do??” he stresses and soon, tears begins to fall down his, now chubbier, cheeks.
He then whimpers in pain when the kicks inside his stomach get more frequent.
“Joonmyun, calm down. Come here.” Yifan coos, helping Joonmyun up on his feet. He quickly wraps the small male in for a hug and then he just hums a random tune.

“JOONMYUN HYUNG! WHAT HAPPENED?” Baekhyun suddenly bangs into the room and Joonmyun quickly backs from Yifan, as he usually does whenever a member interrupts them like that. But right now, that is a big mistake.
“What the…” Baekhyun trials off and stares, mouth hanging open. Behind Baekhyun, Chanyeol comes and joins the elder to stare at their leader.
“I don’t know okay?!” Joonmyun almost shouts, his voice full of panic.
“We’re going to solve this, okay? Just go to the living room. And please, close your mouths.” Yifan says and the two youngers nods, turning away and leaves. Joonmyun just stares weirdly at Yifan. His boyfriend was very calm. That’s weird.
But then again, what’s not weird with this day?

“Myun, it’s fine. Take deep breathes, calm down.” Yifan says and Joonmyun nods, taking a deep breathe.
“I- Well, uhm… what’s going on?” Joonmyun asks carefully and Yifan shrugs before pulling him in for another hug.
“I don’t know. I’m not sure. I’m calling the manager and see if there is someone trustworthy doctor I can call.” He promises and Joonmyun nods.
 

-
 

“I can’t tell you how, but I can only tell you that you seem to be around eight months pregnant.” Doctor Jung speaks slowly, frowning. The rest of the members just stare at Joonmyun, looking utterly confused. Well, except Yifan. He’s sitting beside Joonmyun, holding his hand.
“I can’t exactly tell you how far, that needs to be done at the hospital. But I guess…” The doctor trails off and Joonmyun swallows, afraid of what’s next.
“I don’t know what to do, to be honest. I’ve never encountered something like this. But we’ll figure something out, don’t worry. I’ll talk to your manager and arrange a trip for you to the hospital, so you can avoid being seen.” He says and Joonmyun nods, letting out a relieved sigh.

Before the doctor leaves, he takes a blood test on Joonmyun, just to be sure.
 Yifan follows him to the door while Joonmyun is left with the members. And oh boy, it feels very awkward.

“How did this happen?” Minseok suddenly asks and then all members break. They’re asking questions at the same time and Joonmyun just frowns. He’s already stressed and this makes him feel even worse. It seems like the baby inside doesn’t react well either, because Joonmyun receives the far most forceful kick of the day and he winces.

“Oh my god Joonmyun are you okay?” Luhan panics and rushes to the younger, who only nods.
“I’m fine I’m fine.” He says, waving his hand a little in the air. The other members have now quieted down and they’re back at just staring at him.

“What are you doing? Stop staring at him!” Yifan fusses as soon as he enters the living room. He joins Joonmyun on the couch, literally pushing Sehun away to make space for himself. Joonmyun immediately leans against him. In this very moment, Joonmyun is just so confused that he’s tired.

“Yifan…” Joonmyun suddenly mumbles and Yifan looks down at his tiny boyfriend.
“I’m tired.” He says and Yifan nods, smiling. He helps Joonmyun stand up and they start making their way towards their bedroom. It goes slow, thanks to Joonmyun’s heavy pregnancy waddle.
 

-
 

There is a dead silence in the living room, until-
“What the is going on?” Zitao finally says and the chaos starts again.
“I AM HUNDRED PERCENT SURE JOONMYUN HYUNG AM A MALE!” – Jongdae
“I TOTALLY AGREE!” – Baekhyun
“But what if-“
“SHUT UP YIXING.” – Baekhyun, again.
“Maybe this is a dream????” Jongin asks and he receives a hard slap on his cheek, from Baekhyun.
“THAT HURT!”
“THAT MEANS IT’S NOT A DREAM!”

“BUT OH GOD OUR SCHEDUAL.” – Luhan
“What do we do now??? We have a comeback soon!” – Kyungsoo
“WE’RE DEAD!” Chanyeol suddenly throws himself on the floor and rolls around. Sehun and Minseok are the only quiet members as the other talks in each other’s’ mouths. Both of them seem to have quite the hard time to wrap their head around this.
“Maybe Yifan has magical see-“
“SHUT THE HELL UP YIXING!” a pillow is thrown at Yixing and as the poor fellow have been sitting on the armrest of the couch, he falls down on the floor.


“What are you doing? Could you keep it down a little? Joonmyun is trying to sleep and munchkin is already giving him a hard time, he doesn’t need you to keep him up.” Yifan suddenly walks into the living room and the members freezes.
“Munchkin?” Zitao questions and Yifan looks at him as if he was stupid.
“Munchkin, our baby.” He says, as a matter of factly, and Zitao stares. In fact, everyone stares.

“You’re taking this… oddly well.” Minseok finally speaks up and Yifan shrugs.
“What can I do? Someone has to be calm.” Yifan says and smiles.
“Anyway, I’m going to call the mangers and tell them. We’re fixing this, somehow.” He says and leaves the room, phone in hand.
 

-
 

“Joonmyun hyung?” Kyungsoo asks later that day, gently knocking the door. There is a rustle inside and soon, he can hear Joonmyun speak.
“Come in.” he sounds tired. Very tired, Kyungsoo notes and he slowly opens the door. Joonmyun is sitting on his and Yifan’s bed, his hands around his stomach and he stares into empty space.

“We… Yixing and I, we’re thinking about making lunch. Is there anything you want?” Kyungsoo asks slowly and sits down on the bed. Joonmyun just shakes his head.
“I don’t want to eat…” he mumbles quietly.
“Hyung, you need to eat. You can’t skip a meal. It’s not good for…” he trails off, biting his lip.
“The baby.” He finishes and Joonmyun snaps his head up.
“I don’t know how this is possible and it’s freaking me out. Why did it happen to me? And how did it happen so quickly?” Joonmyun starts getting hysterical again and he feels the baby, oh god that’s weird, stirring. It doesn’t take long until he receives hard kicks from inside.

“Joonmyun hyung, calm down.” Kyungsoo moves to sit beside Joonmyun and he wraps his arms around Joonmyun.
“I know it’s weird and all, but you can’t get worked up about it. If you’re pregnant then… do the best out of it.” He coos and Joonmyun nods, whimpering a little at the hard kick he receives.

-

The management of SM didn’t take the news about Joonmyun that good. They demanded to see him, to make sure that Yifan wasn’t pulling their leg.
From the beginning, Yifan refused to let them see Joonmyun. He didn’t want them to bring Joonmyun more stress.

The small male had been taken to the hospital, just one day after everything happened. There, Doctor Jung confirmed that he was thirty-two weeks pregnant and he was underweight so more stress could cause the baby to have a very low birth weight and no one wanted that to happen.

But at last, Yifan let the management to see Joonmyun. He needed them to believe him.
After they saw Joonmyun, and the sonogram, they immediately believed them.

Their comeback was going to wait. But they only said two weeks, and then would they do a comeback without Joonmyun.
But to Joonmyun’s relief, he wasn’t going to be kicked out of EXO.
The lie would only be that he’s hurt and therefore not going to join the rest for the comeback.
 

“You’re so pretty.” Yifan coos, placing his head against Joonmyun’s stomach.
“Stop saying that!” Joonmyun’s tone raises and he slaps Yifan’s head.
“This is weird. I don’t know what’s going on. I don’t want this!” he suddenly sobs out. His hormones have been on edge for the last week, ever since this happened to him. He honestly hates this. He hates being like this. He doesn’t want to be a freak.
“Don’t you want our baby?” Yifan asks calmly and Joonmyun freezes. He hasn’t even spared the child a thought. He’s been so busy with just freaking out.

“I…” he trails off, drying his tears. He really doesn’t know what to say. Does he want the child? He wants kids, but this is…
“Shhh, it’s fine. Take your time when thinking about it…” Yifan says, moving to wrap Joonmyun in a warm hug, rubbing his stomach a little.
“Munchkin is still going to be here, even if you don’t want to. But I promise you, we’ll solve this.” The elder promises and Joonmyun nods. He then yawns widely and Yifan smiles, pressing a kiss on his forehead.
“You should sleep, I’m going to call manager hyung again. I’ll come back and wake you up when dinner’s ready.” Yifan says and Joonmyun nods. With Yifan’s help, Joonmyun lies down on his side and a pillow is placed under his stomach. He looks at Yifan with furrowed brows and is about to ask when Yifan answers.
“I read that it’s good to have a full body pillow as support when you’re pregnant. And since we don’t have a full body pillow, I’m improvising!” Yifan says and he looks incredibly proud. Joonmyun doesn’t answer, he only nods and closes his eyes.
“Sleep well, Myun.” A pair of lips is pressed against Joonmyun’s forehead and Yifan’s words are only soft whispers.
“Sleep well munchkin.” Yifan then says and places a kiss on Joonmyun’s stomach.
 

-
 

It’s now been two weeks since Joonmyun was discovered pregnant, weirdly enough. And these two weeks have been nowhere near calm. The members had to go to many other places, like some interview here and there, to cover up Joonmyun’s absent but it didn’t help. The fans were already SM hot in heels about Joonmyun’s whereabouts and a possible comeback.

But on the bright side, Joonmyun had slowly started to accept the fact that he was indeed pregnant. Doctor Jung had dropped by almost every day, just a few hours a time, to talk with Joonmyun about pregnancy and the birth.
 

“I’m going crazy!” Chanyeol is rolling around on the carpet again when Joonmyun enters. He’s about thirty-four weeks now and today he would need to go to the hospital again. He would need to make sure the baby has turned around and is in right position. Not that he would actually go through a natural birth, it would be a C-section for him. But having the baby turn around was a good sign.

“What’s the matter Chanyeol?” Joonmyun asks and goes to the kitchen. Chanyeol groans again from the living room while Jongin, who’s in the kitchen, just stares weirdly at Joonmyun.
“Jongin?” Joonmyun asks and the younger shrugs, tearing his eyes off Joonmyun. Chanyeol lets out another loud groan and enters the kitchen
“This new schedule is messed up and I think I’m going crazy from all the nagging from manager hyung.” Chanyeol complains and Joonmyun hums, taking a glass of water.
“And we’re releasing the comeback teasers tomorrow.” Jongin points out and Joonmyun sighs, drinking his water.
“Everything is because of… this.” he says, motioning in distaste to Joonmyun’s swollen stomach and he sounds rather... displeased.
“You make it sound like it’s my fault.” Joonmyun grunts, glaring a little at Jongin.
“Whose fault is it then?” Jongin fires back and right now, he looks really angry.
“Jongin,” Joonmyun sighs. “You can’t possibly blame me for this. I don’t know how it happened, alright? This should be impossible, but it happened to me.”
“No, you could have done something to prevent it!” Jongin raises his voice and Joonmyun furrows his brows.
“What could I have done? Huh? You tell me Jongin, what could I have done to prevent this?” he also raises his voice and Chanyeol looks between the two, gently taking Joonmyun’s arm.
“Hyung, calm down.” He says softly and Joonmyun breaks. He sobs loudly and his knees just kind of… give up. Chanyeol quickly wraps him in a hug and supports him so he doesn’t fall. Jongin bites his lip, looking a bit guilty and he sighs.
“I’m sorry.” He whispers and leaves the kitchen.

“Joonmyun hyung, calm down.” Chanyeol tries to get Joonmyun to stop crying but that doesn’t seem to be happening any time soon.
“Is it my fault?” Joonmyun sobs and Chanyeol shakes his head, rubbing the elder’s back a little.
“No, it’s not. Jongin doesn’t know what he’s talking about.” He coos and continues to rub Joonmyun’s back.

“Are you okay?” Kyungsoo asks when he enters the kitchen. Joonmyun lets out a deep sigh and nods, drying his tears.
“I overreacted.” He says just as Jongin reappears in the kitchen. Chanyeol sends the dancer a glare and the younger cowers a little.
“No, I said the wrong things. It’s not your fault, hyung. I ‘m sorry” He says and Joonmyun smiles a little through his tears.
“It’s fine Jongin, I’m sure you’re just stressed out, come here.” Joonmyun sniffles and opens his arms. Jongin nods quietly and moves to hug Joonmyun as Chanyeol backs away a little.

Suddenly, Joonmyun’s stomach moves and as it’s pressed up against Jongin, the younger jumps in surprise. It feels like Joonmyun’s stomach made some sort of weird jump.
“Hyung!” he exclaims and backs to stare at the elder male’s stomach. Chanyeol and Kyungsoo joins Jongin and stare at Joonmyun moving stomach.
“It’s moving…” Chanyeol says and Joonmyun hums, looking down at his stomach.
“Oh, oh yeah.” He says, placing a hand on the side of his stomach and rubs a little.
“That’s just the hiccups.” He says, more directed to his stomach than to his band members.
“What? They can hiccup?” Kyungsoo asks with wide eyes and Joonmyun nods.
“Yeah, Doctor Jung told me that last week when this little one had a bad case of hiccup.”
 

-
 

“Sehun.” Joonmyun whines and leans closer to the maknae. Said maknae tenses a little but then he relaxes.
“Yes?”
“Could you please, pretty please, scratch my foot soles?” he asks and turns to look at Sehun with big eyes. The maknae looks frozen.
“Isn’t there a spot on the foot that could trigger labor?” he asks, voice almost trembling and Joonmyun chuckles.
“It’s on the toe and if you pinch it. It’s fine to scratch it. Can you pleeeease scratch my foot soles?” he whines and Sehun sighs, nodding a little. He moves to sit on the floor and takes one of Joonmyun’s feet, scratching it lightly.
“Is this good?” he asks and Joonmyun hums.

“What are you doing?” Zitao asks when he enters the living room, looking down on Sehun.
“I’m scratching Joonmyun hyung’s soles.” He answers and Zitao frowns.
“Isn’t there a pressure point on the foot that can trigger labor?” The M maknae asks as he sits down on the floor beside Sehun and gently picks up Joonmyun’s foot, eying it a little.
“It’s the toe, if you pinch it for a longer time.” Joonmyun says and sighs in relief and Zitao slowly starts scratching his other foot.
“It’s very swollen.” The Chinese male comments and Sehun hums in agreement.
“Yeah, munchkin is making me swollen all over.” Joonmyun chuckles and as if eavesdropping on him, the baby kicks him.
“Maknaes.” He quickly says and the both maknaes stops, looking up at him.
“Come here.” He says and motions for them to place a hand on his stomach. So they does and when they receives a kick, their expressions brightens.

“Oh munchkin is going to be the cutest baby ever.” Sehun coos as he rubs Joonmyun’s stomach a little.
“As long as munchkin doesn’t get any of Yifan ge’s features.” Zitao mutters and Joonmyun chuckles, rubbing his hand on his stomach a little.

“Are you saying bad things about me?” Yifan suddenly enters the living room and both maknaes looks like deers caught in headlights.
“And why are you touching my Joonmyun?” he almost hisses and both males quickly moves their hands away from Joonmyun. Joonmyun just chuckles and takes the boys’ hands to place them back on his stomach.
“They’re feeling munchkin kick, and I think munchkin likes them a lot.” He says and as if agreeing, the baby kicks several times. Yifan on the other hand just pouts.
“What about me?” he whines and Joonmyun rolls his eyes.
“Come here you big baby. I’m sure there is a spot for you too.” He says and Yifan goes over to sit down on the couch beside Joonmyun. He gently pushed away Sehun and Zitao’s hands a little to make space for his own big hand.

They stay like that for a moment, just feeling the baby move and kick. At last, Joonmyun can feel the small one turning over and the moving stops.
“I think he went to sleep.” He says and the maknaes quickly takes away their hands.
“Goodnight munchkin.” Yifan says and leans down to press a kiss against Joonmyun’s stomach.

“Eww…” 
“Take your mushy feels somewhere else.” Zitao whines and Yifan sticks out his tongue.
“Shut up Zitao.” He says and the maknae chuckles.
 

-
 

The fans did seem to buy the excuse of Joonmyun getting hurt fairly well. But there were still some speculations. They wondered why he hasn’t been making any public appearance or so.

But other than the fans being suspicious, the comeback went fairly well. Only five days after the teaser releases, EXO made a comeback.
Joonmyun, however, was stuck in their dorm and had to watch their performance on the TV.

“It should be me there, right baby?” he grumbles and rubs his stomach.  This last week, when EXO had to be out a lot just to cover up for him, he had developed a habit to talk to the baby. That was probably because he was alone almost all the time.

He zaps through the different channels and stops on one where they show a really old TV interview with EXO-M. This was just after Yifan and Joonmyun had let the public know that they were dating. It had been a bit off a fuss just after that, but it had quickly calmed down.

 

The day is slow, like syrup, and Joonmyun tries to make the best out of it. But there really isn’t anything to do in the dorm. Except for watching re-runs or something.

But then, in the middle of the day, a sharp pain makes Joonmyun’s whole stomach contract and he groans, feeling something wet running down his leg.
“And that would be my water breaking…” he mumbles, moving to get the phone.

“Manager hyung.” He says when said person picks up.
“Yes Joonmyun? Do you need anything?”
“Yeah, I would kind of need someone to take me to the hospital.”
“Why?”
“My water just broke.” He confesses and the line goes silent.
“WHAT? B-but you have five weeks left?” the manager stutters and Joonmyun tenses. He didn’t think of that. He did have five weeks left. His baby wasn’t full term yet.
“O-oh god, c-could someone fix transport for me to get to the hospital, unseen?” he says and the manager hums.
“And please tell Yifan.”
“He’s not with me right now, I’m with K. But I’ll try to reach him.”
 

-
 

It took three hours to fix the transport to the hospital, so Joonmyun wouldn’t be seen. It was three very long hours for Joonmyun. No member had returned to the dorm and Joonmyun just guessed they were busy. But Yifan should have at least called him.

“Are you ready?” Doctor Jung asks as a nurse helps Joonmyun to lie down.
“I guess.” He sighs and the doctor smiles.
“Nothing to be afraid of, we got everything under control.” He says and Joonmyun hums.
“I trust you.”
“Good. And your boyfriend has arrived. I can’t let him stay in here because of the baby being pre-mature.” He says and Joonmyun pulls a face when another contraction hits him.
“But I will let him see you, just for a moment before we’re getting started.” He continues and Joonmyun’s face brightens.

True to the doctor’s words, Yifan enters within the span of two minutes. He looks like a wreck.
“Joonmyun.” He chokes and takes the smaller male’s face in his hands.
“Hi Yifan.” The smaller groans and Yifan starts pressing gentle butterfly kisses all over his face.
“I’m sorry I left you alone. I didn’t mean it. I’m really sorry!” he says and Joonmyun chuckles.
“You had a music show, it’s not your fault. But baby is a bit early. I… I’m scared.” Joonmyun confesses and Yifan kisses him on the lips.
“It’ll be fine, okay? Munchkin has you as mommy, and anyone that’s related to you is known for being stubborn. I’m sure it’ll be fine.” He says and Joonmyun nods. Yifan leans down to give him a last kiss and squeezes his hand in assurance before leaving the room.
 

-
 

The procedure feels like it’s going on forever.
It doesn’t hurt.
But Joonmyun can feel a few pokes and pinches here and there.

“You’re doing great Joonmyun, we’re almost there.” Doctor Jung says and Joonmyun nods tiredly. He feels like he’s about to fall asleep at any moment now.

“There we have him.” Doctor Jung finally says and there is a baby crying. His baby. And Doctor Jung said him.
“Congratulations, it’s a boy.” He says and Joonmyun chokes on a sob. His son.
“We’re going to do a check up on him, to make sure he’s okay. Meanwhile, we’re going to stich you up.” He continues and Joonmyun nods.


If he thought the C-section took long, the stitching up part took even longer time.
But then finally, he was taken to another room where he was allowed to have visitors and Yifan is the first, and right now only, one in.
“It’s-“ Joonmyun sobs when he sees Yifan. He feels so happy. His heart is about to burst.
“Is munchkin okay? Are you okay? Is-“ Joonmyun slowly raises a hand and Yifan quiets down.
“It’s a boy…” he whispers and tears finally streams down his cheeks.
“A boy…” Yifan whispers, almost in disbelief and Joonmyun nods.
 

-
 

“Here we have him.” Doctor Jung enters the room with a small, plastic thing.
“You can take him out of the incubator, but only for shorter times. He needs to be warm and protected from infections. But that’s it. Everything else seems to be totally fine. He’s a little small and light weight, but I’m sure he’ll gain it back soon. But even so, we’re going to keep you here for one or two weeks. Just to be sure everything is fine.” He continues and the new parents nods.

Doctor Jung helps them to get their son out of the incubator and gently places him down in Joonmyun’s arms. He then helps Joonmyun to position the baby right to feed him and then he leaves the three of them alone.

“He’s perfect.” Yifan whispers as the baby les.
“He is…” Joonmyun agrees, lifting his hand to rub his son’s cheek with his thumb.
“Can you believe that we managed to get a child even though we’re both males?” Yifan asks quietly and Joonmyun chuckles.
“No. I don’t. But I do not regret anything.” He says and smiles when their baby lets go of his .

“What are we naming him?” Yifan asks as he places the small, sleeping baby back in the incubator.
“I thought of a name but…” Joonmyun trials off and try to make himself comfortable in the hospital bed. Yifan smiles and goes to the bed to help Joonmyun.
“You can tell me.” He says and leans down to press a kiss on Joonmyun’s forehead.
“I was thinking of Yijun…” he says, voice tired and worn out.
“Yijun… That’s pretty.” Yifan says and looks over to their son.
“Are we naming him Yijun?” Joonmyun asks, closing his eyes. He feels so tired and really just wants to sleep.
“Yes, yes we’re naming him Yijun.” Yifan confirms and reaches out to Joonmyun’s cheek.
“Sleep. I’ll come back in a few hours with clothes for both you and Yijun.” He says and Joonmyun hums.
 

-
 

“YIFAN!” Luhan screeches when Yifan enters the dorm.
“Are they okay? Is it a girl or a boy? Is munchkin cute?” The question just attacks Yifan and he smiles.
“They’re okay. It’s a boy. The cutest little boy ever.” He answers and surprisingly enough, it’s Minseok who hugs him first.
“Thank god I was so worried. The fact that munchkin is early scared me so much. Congratulations.” He mumbles and Yifan smiles, hugging Minseok tightly.
“Thank you. I’m sure you can visit them later this week.” He says and Minseok nods. Then the oldest in EXO backs to make room for the other members and Yifan is showered with hugs and well wishes.

 

When Yifan’s comes back to the hospital, four hours later, Joonmyun is up and feeding Yijun.

“Is he behaving?” Yifan asks as he sits down on the chair beside the bed, looking down on the baby. Joonmyun hums and smiles, rocking his son a little.
“How did this happen?” Yifan whispers and Joonmyun shrugs. But then he comes to think of something. He…
“I made a wish…” Joonmyun whispers and Yifan looks up at him.
“Hyunwoo… at the orphanage plucked an eyelash from my eyes and told me to make a wish… I did… I wished that we one day could have a child on our own…” he whispers and Yifan stays quiet. But then he presses a kiss on Joonmyun’s cheek.
“It was a perfect wish…”
 

-
 

“Oh isn’t he cute?” Minseok coos as he peers down at the sleeping, one week old Yijun in Joonmyun’s arms.
“Do you want to hold him?” Joonmyun asks and Minseok’s eyes widens.
“I-I do-don’t w-want to h-hurt him.” The elder stutters and Joonmyun chuckles.
“You’re not going to hurt him, hyung. You’re going to be his favorite uncle.” He says and gently passes over his son to Minseok.
“See. You’re fine.” Joonmyun says as Minseok holds Yijun so close to him.

“Awh, he’s really cute.” Sehun coos, leaning over Minseok’s shoulder to get a good look of Yijun.
“And he have the onesie I gave him.” Jongdae points out, clearly proud. Minseok smiles down at the baby but suddenly, said baby whimpers and Minseok looks up at Joonmyun with wide eyes.
“What do I do?” he wheezes and Yifan smiles, taking a pacifier. He presses it against Yijun’s lips and the baby immediately takes it.
“Hey, I gave him that pacifier!” Jongin exclaims happily and Joonmyun chuckles.

“You did a good job.” Kyungsoo places a hand on Joonmyun’s shoulder and the elder smiles.
“Thank you.” He says and smiles widely.
“Bu he is really small.” Kyungsoo points out, looking at the baby in Minseok’s arms.
“Yeah, Doctor Jung said that it was probably the fact that I was so stressed that caused him to be so small and it might have been a reason for Yijun being pre-mature.”  Joonmyun explains for Kyungsoo, and Chanyeol who’s also listening to their conversation and they both nods.

“How are you feeling then?” Luhan asks when Yijun is passed to him, looking over at Joonmyun.
“I’m feeling good actually. They told me my stomach should be back to almost normal in a few months. So I think I can show myself in public soon.” He says and chuckles.
“How’s the scar?” Chanyeol asks and Joonmyun pulls up his shirt, that Yifan had gone home to get for him.
“It’s healing nicely.” He says and the members all take a look at it.

The rest of the day is filled with laughs and just plain happiness. But then Joonmyun’s eyes starts falling and the member decides to go home. Yifan takes the couch in the room to sleep on, not wanting to leave his family.
 

-
 

Three months later, Yijun is smiling and sometimes making small sounds, except for crying. Joonmyun’s stomach is back to normal. Almost. It’s still a bit plump, but not exactly noticeable.

He’s been out in public for a month and the fans were happy. Most of them, at least.
He’s been looking through the internet and been finding the fans commenting on his weight. Some was just commenting on the fact that he’s gained weight, some said that he looked better, that he looked healthier. But some just said he’s been lazing around and were beginning to get fat.

They had also been presenting Yijun for the world, telling them they had used a surrogate mother. And the fans did take Yijun’s arrival very good. That made Joonmyun very happy.

They still lived in the dorm, not wanting to leave their members just yet. But the members didn’t mind. In fact, sometimes they took turns in getting up and feeding Yijun when Joonmyun was knocked out.

It’s perfect.

-
 

“Yijun is going to look like Yifan.” Zitao grumbles as the two year old baby wobbles around on the floor. Joonmyun just hums and holds out his arms for his son.
“That’s my baby!” he exclaims happily and kisses Yijun’s nose, that’s undeniably Yifan’s nose. The boy squeals and gives his mother a kiss on the cheek.
“He’s still cute.” Minseok says and chuckles.
“But he’s going to look like Yifan.” Zitao repeats.

“Are you talking about me behind my back?” Yifan asks as he enters the room and Yijun lets out a squeal, holding out his arms for his father.
“Hi baby!” he says and takes his son from Joonmyun.

They do have evenings like this. When they just spend time watching some cartoon for Yijun’s sake and cuddles. The other members don’t mind taking care of Yijun and they love to cuddle.


“Should we get you to bed?” Joonmyun asks and takes Yijun from Yifan. Yifan smiles and Joonmyun kisses him before taking Yijun to the bedroom.

When the baby is asleep, Joonmyun suddenly feels very very tired. He could probably fall asleep right now.

“Oh god, I’m tired.” He says when he returns to the living room.
“But we just started pirates of the Caribbean!” Sehun says and points at the screen. True to the maknae’s word. It’s Joonmyun’s favorite movie.
“I guess I can watch it for a moment.” He says and sits down on the couch beside Yifan. He immediately leans against his lover and scratches his palms.

As Joonmyun is dozing off, Yifan just looks at his lover with furrowed brows. Could it…
“Yifan I’m going to fall asleep and my feet hurt.” Joonmyun mumbles and Yifan smiles.
“I’ll take you to the bedroom.” He says and stands up. He then picks Joonmyun up and heads to the bedroom. Joonmyun is a bit heavier since the pregnancy, but that’s totally fine. Because if he hadn’t been pregnant, then they wouldn’t have Yijun in their life.

“Good night, love.” Yifan mumbles and presses a kiss on Joonmyun’s forehead.
“Good night Yifan, I love you.” Joonmyun says and smiles a little before falling asleep.
 

-
 

The next morning, Joonmyun wakes up with a pressure on his pelvis.
He groggily lifts himself a little and rests his weight on his elbows. It takes him a few seconds to focus his eyes but when he doo, he sees it.
His stomach is large. Even larger than it ever where when he had Yijun.  Oh god.

“Yifan!” he raises his voice and knocks his lover in the head. Said lover groans and it takes a minute or two before Yifan is awake.
“What’s the-oh.” Is all he says and Joonmyun sighs.
“I did not wish anything this time.” He says, rubbing his stomach a little. There is a flutter that’s later followed by a kick.
“I-I wanted Yijun to have a sibling.” Yifan meekly admits and Joonmyun rolls his eyes. Of course.
But it doesn’t matter. He has one wonderful son, and he would love another little baby.