Paper Airplanes

Bestfriend

Yuri's POV

I threw everything my hands got a hold off on the ground as i was searching for my luggage bag in my storage.

BAM!

I was startled by the sudden noise. I looked around to see what it was, and then I saw it the box filled with my childhood memories. I sat down and begun to put them back in the box. While doing that I saw an old tape that is labeled 'Little Yuri at Hype Park'. I picked it up and placed it on the player. I sat down the couch and started watching it not even bothering to fix the mess I just created.

I pressed play. I unconsciously smile as I saw me going down the slide and running for the swing. Then I saw her, my best friend, Jessica Jung, sitting on the edge of the mini bridge that connects the playground together.

 

[In the tape]

I was jumping all over the, place passing by a little girl, trying to find the perfect place to launch my awesome paper plane. I smile from ear to ear as I found the perfect place. I threw it but the wind carried it the side hitting the girl I passed by earlier. As she was picking it up, I ran towards her. I smiled at her, and she smiled back. "Hi, my name is Kwon Yuri. What’s yours?"

"Jessica. Jessica Jung"

"Let’s be friends from now on."

We started playing with the swing set, some dried leaves, the slide, and more paper airplanes.

[End of tape]

 

I never thought she would be my best friend but it happened anyway...

A smile slowly forms in my face as I reminiscence more of our memories...

-----

We were in our 2nd year in high school. I was in the school's basketball team, while Jessica was in the cheerleading squad.

Tomorrow we have a big Math exam so we decided to stay at the school's library to study but we ended up making paper airplanes with our notes. Laughter slowly filled the library. I know we were supposed to stay quiet in the library but come on we were the only ones there and the librarian didn't seem to mind.

While we were making the planes, she said "Yul look over there." Being an obedient person I am I looked to where she was pointing at, and then... she stole my plane. I pouted at her which in return made her laugh. After all that fun, we had to study.

I almost fell asleep while trying to solve a problem. I saw Jessica smirk, but I didn't mind. I tried to stay awake but I just can't.

-----

I rushed to Jessica's house with two buckets of ice cream after receiving a call from her mom that she had been crying again because of her now EX-boyfriend, Ok Teacyeon. I opened her door slowly and saw the vulnerable and fragile Jessica. I felt pain in my heart, well who wouldn't right? I just saw the love of my life crying for some guy who doesn't even deserve her precious tears.

"Hey, I brought ice cream."

I said softly. She looked up and smiled at me. It was a sad smile though.

As I enter the room, I tripped and dropped the ice creams. She shook her head and laughed. We laughed all night, talking about weird things, and sometimes her giving me her infamous icy glare. It’s nice to see her back to her old self again.

Jessica suddenly leaned on my shoulder and fell asleep. I carefully removed her head from my shoulder and laid her on the bed, and covered her body with her blanket. I was about to leave but I noticed a paper airplane on her night stand. I reached into my pocket and grabbed the plane I made and placed it beside hers.

-----

Today I received my acceptance letter to go to Seoul University, the most prestigious university for business in Seoul. I'm so excited that i can't wait to tell Jessica about this, that’s why I told her to meet me by the lake.

I could hear a very high pitched sound from behind me. Knowing who it is, I turned my body around only to be greeted by a big, tight bear hug. She broke the hug and showed me the letter acceptance from GGHS University in Jeju. If Seoul U is known for business, well GGHS U is known for fashion.

I showed her a fake smile and said, "Congratulations!"

She didn’t notice my smile for she was too happy. She hugged me again and said, "Thanks!"

During the hug I frowned, remembering that we wouldn't go to the same university.

-----

I met some new friends in my classes; the Shorty Kim Taeyeon, the Shikshin Choi Sooyoung, the Dancing Machine Kim Hyoyeon, and my 'TWIN' Im Yoona. I hang out with them every day, they try to cheer me up when I'm missing my best friend. Speaking of my best friend, despite being in two different universities, we still kept in touch with each other by using Skype or sending each other messages.

Now, I'm at my apartment that my dad bought as a congratulatory present for me. I log in to my Skype and saw Jessica, my soon-to-be girlfriend, online. I called her and she immediately answered.

“HEY!!” Jessica said as she waved at me. I waved back showing her my charming smile.

“How is the ice princess doing? There isn’t any guy hitting on you there right?” I said while laughing.

“YAH!! I’m perfectly fine you tanned-monkey. And no there isn’t any guy hitting on me.”

There was silence between us. After a couple of seconds we exploded, laughing at each other. When the laughter died down I asked, “How’s school there?”

“It’s great but I still don’t get why we have to learn math.”

“Well Miss Ice Princess, you need it because how would you know the price of the clothing article you are trying to sell.”

“Isn’t that the job of your people you tanned-monkey?”

“You mean the people who study business??”

“Yup! HAHA! How abou-“

She was interrupted by her friend/roommate Tiffany. She was telling her something about a party happening on the garden of their campus. Not only did she interrupt or conversation, she didn’t even let us say our goodbye’s to each other before she just pulled Jessica out their shared dorm room.

I suddenly thought of something. I started throwing some of my clothes on my bed and just shove them on my bag. I drove to the airport and bought a ticket on the earliest flight to Jeju which is in 30 minutes. I got in the plane. The travel from Seoul to Jeju is about an hour.

I arrived at her dorm only to find the door open. “Aish! This girl.” I opened her dorm door and opened the lights only to find the room empty. I sat by her bed. I don’t know how long was I sitting there already but-

------

I was brought back to reality by a paper airplane hitting me. I looked around the room for the culprit only to find my girlfriend, Jessica Jung, standing by the door smiling at me. I stood up from where I was sitting and went to her. She encircled her arms around my neck. I did the same only my arms are encircled around her waist.

“What were you doing Seobang?” She asked

“I was just reminiscing the past, like how I went to your dorm and then confessing.” I flashed my charming smile at her. I could see her face slowly turning red.  I know she remembered. “That was the best day of my life Sica baby. I honestly never actually thought that you actually felt the same way I did. I still can’t believe that you are mine even if it happened four years ago. I mean I must’ve done something good in my past life to deserve an angel like you right now,” I said making her blush even more. After my little confession, silence came. It wasn’t an awkward one, but a comfortable one.

She pecked my lips as she broke the silence, “Well, you better believe it.”

“I,” I kissed her on her forehead.
“Love,” then the tip of her nose.
“You,” finally capturing her lips.

Our kiss became passionate. It wasn’t a kiss filled with lust but was instead filled with love. We reluctantly pulled away from the kiss as we needed air.

“I love you too Seobang ”

--------------------------

AN: I hope you guys enjoyed it. Sorry I only updated now, I had to finish my homework.

Don’t forget to upvote, comment, or subscribe!

Thanks for reading!