The Little Ghost

Lee Donghae: A friendly little ghost
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lee Donghae: A friendly little ghost

 

 

Summer came and Lee Hyukjae feels so bored in their house. His mom doesn't allow him to play outside because the weather is too hot and he might collapse.

 

"Yeah... as if I have some strange illness. Tsk." He rolled his eyes as he thought to himself. He understands that his mom was just concerned about his safety but he finds her overacting.

 

"Hyukkie! Hyukkie, baby. The food is ready, let's eat."

 

He went downstairs with a knot on his forehead.

 

"Err. What's with the knot?" His mom asked as she puts some food on his plate.

 

"I want to play outside. I'm so bored here, Mom." He pouts as he chewed his food. "And I'm not baby anymore." He added.

 

His mom chuckled that made him more annoyed. "But you're just 4 years old, still a baby for me." His mom said as she kissed him on his cheek.

 

"But I'm turning 5 this coming week."

 

"Still a baby."

 

"Psh."

 

Mrs. Lee smiled while looking at her only son. It's not that she doesn't want Hyukjae to have fun. Its just that she can't accompany him in the playground cause she's too busy preparing things for his birthday. Just like what she said, Hyukjae's still a baby.

 

"Mom..."

 

"Yes, baby?"

 

"Do you really love me?"

 

She frowned. "Of course, baby. I love you. Why?"

 

"Why you forbid me to play outside?" Hyukjae started to cry.

 

Mrs. Lee sighed as she hugged his child. "I love you, okay? Mommy is just busy this week so I can't come with you."

 

"I told you Mom, I'm not baby anymore. I can go to the playground all by myself."

 

"Aigoo... You brat. Just stay here the whole week and after your birthday, you can play outdoor. Arasseo?"

 

"Really, Mom?" Hyukjae asked excitedly.

 

She laughed soundly, "Of course."

 

"Yehey!!" The little boy exclaimed as he hugged his mom and kissed her cheek. "I love you, Mom!"

 

"I love you too, baby." She chuckled.

 

~

 

"Hyukkie..."

 

 

 

 

"Hyukkie..."

 

 

 

 

"Hyukkie..."

 

 

 

 

Hyukjae opened his eyes, looked around and see no one but a light came from the moon that passed through the window of his room.

 

"Ghosts are not true... They are made by imaginative mind, they are not real..."

 

 

 

 

"Hyukkie..."

 

 

 

 

"MOMMY!!!"

 

Mrs. Lee rushed to Hyukjae's room as she heard a loud scream.

 

"Hyukkie, what happened?" She asked worriedly as she hugged her crying son.

 

"There's.. T-There's a g-ghost... Mom, there's a ghost!" Hyukjae panted as he cried.

 

"Ssshhhh... Mommy's here. Don't cry anymore."

 

"Mom... Sleep here... I don't want to be alone..."

 

"Okay..." Mrs. Lee kissed his forehead and lay down beside her son. "You can sleep now. Mommy won't allow any ghost to disturb your sleeping, neh?"

 

~

 

"Yah! Hyung! What was that for?" Donghae scratched his head that has been hit.

 

"Stupid you!"

 

"What did I've done?"

 

"Are you really that stupid that you can't see what you just did? You scared him! Moron!"

 

Donghae scratched his nape as he bite his lips. "Hyung... You're being mean to me again. It hurts me, you know?" He pouts.

 

Heechul rolled his eyes to his little brother. He doesn't know where Donghae gets his stupidy. Sometimes, he wanted to donate his braincells to him just to have one. But he's too lazy to do it, so he let Donghae like that.

 

"Whatever. Now, tell me... How you will befriend someone that is already scared of you?"

 

The little boy just scratched his temple and smiled sheepishly.

 

Donghae saw how much Hyukjae wanted to play so he thought that they can be playmates. He's good in soccer.

 

"It's already dark and he's sleeping for God's sake, Donghae! You should wait for tomorrow." Heechul can feel his blood vessels will pop anytime. "Let's just sleep, okay?"

 

"But hyung--"

 

"WHAT?"

 

"Ghosts are not sleeping."

 

"Beautiful ghost like me needs a sleep to stay beautiful. And you," points to Donghae, "Think how you can get near to that little boy without cutting his veins. Arasseo?"

 

Donghae pouts. "Neh."

 

~

 

"How's your sleep, baby?"

 

"I'm fine now, Mom. Thanks to you." Hyukjae smiled to his mom that made her heart melts.

 

"Are you still afraid because of what happened last night?"

 

"Uhmmm... Not anymore. If I'll see that ghost again, I'll kick his ."

 

Mrs. Lee laughed at him. "You speak as if you didn't cry last night." She teased.

 

Hyukjae pouted his lips. "I was half awake last night so I screamed when he appeared. I was shocked, actually. I thought they are not real but I saw one... or it could be just a dream?"

 

"Hyukkie, don't stress youself about that ghost. Okay? Continue your meal."

 

The little boy continues to eat but his mind is pre-occupied by that ghost. He really needs somebody to talk to so he decided called his best friend after he ate.

 

"You sure about that?"

 

"Of course, Xiah! It's true! I saw him last night and he was calling my name before that." Hyukjae exclaimed while telling a story to Xiah, his best friend.

 

"Omooo! What does he looks like then? Bleeding face with one eye? Skinless face? Half body without head?"

 

"Aigooo. Why are you so morbid?"

 

"Psh. I just want to know how he looks like so I can imagine. Ghosts are creepy creatures, right?"

 

"But the one I saw is far away from creepy creatures."

 

"Whoa. Really? So, describe him now! Palli!"

 

Hyukjae bites his nail while remembering the ghost's face. "Uhmmm. He's..."

 

"He's...?"

 

"Uhmmm. How can I say it? Ah! He looks like me!"

 

"Ohh!! He's ugly too?" Xiah grinned over the phone as Hyukjae whined.

 

"Yah! Why are you keeping your eyes shut? Can't you see I'm handsome?" Hyukjae proudly said.

 

"Yeah, yeah. I can't see that. Hahaha!"

 

"Aish... Back to that little ghost, like what I've told you, he's like me. Handsome."

 

"Pfft! Hahahaha!!!"

 

Hyukjae stumped his feet. "I'm not kidding, Xiah! You're starting to get into my nerves, if you don't know."

 

"Ara.. Pfft. Arasseo. I won't laugh again. Promise. But please, Hyukkie... stop joking. Hahaha!"

 

"Aigoo... You're crazy. I don't know if I made a right choice when I called you. Tsktsk."

 

Hyukjae stood up and opened the window with his left hand while the other hand holds his phone. A cold air brushed on his face as the window fully opened.

 

"Hyukkie..."

 

"Eh? Xiah?"

 

"Yes?"

 

"Did you just... called me?"

 

"Eh? But you are the one who made a call."

 

Hyukjae rolled his eyes as if Xiah can see him. "Whatever. I'll call you later... and stop mocking at me."

 

"Hahaha. Okay, Hyukkie. Just stop the hallucinations thingy about your... you know? Pfft."

 

He ended the phone call and shook his head. How come he has a best friend like him? He laughed at that thought.

 

"Hyukkie..."

 

He gulped hard. Someone's calling his name. Is it the little ghost last night?

 

He slowly turned his face sideward and "AAAAHHHHHSVSJZHSJS!!!"

 

The little ghost is currently covering his mouth with his hand, preventing him to shout again.

 

"Shhhh... I won't harm you." The little ghost said to him.

 

"Uhmmmmpp!!!"

 

"Opps!" The little ghost let him go so he can speak. "Sorry." Then he smiled.

 

Hyukjae looked impossibly to him and slowly placed his pointing finger to the ghost's face but it just passed through the ghost's face.

 

"KYAAAAAHDKDGSJSHS!!!"

 

"Aigoo... Don't shout. I said I won't harm you. I won't do anything bad to you." The ghost covered his mouth again.

 

Hyukjae blinked his eyes as he stared to him. He can't touch the little ghost but the latter can touch him anytime he wants. It seems so unfair!

 

"Uhmmpp!! Uhmmmpp!! Uhmmpp!!"

 

"Eh? What did you say? I can't understand you." The little ghost said while keeping his hand to Hyukjae's mouth.

 

"Uhmmp!! Uhmmp!! Uhmmmpppp!!!!"

 

"Eh?"

 

/insert sound of a heavy bag when it was hit to someone/

 

"AWWW!!!" The little ghost holds his head as he turned his way on his back. He already let go Hyukjae's mouth. "Heechul hyung! What again?! Aww." He said to the beautiful man he called Heechul.

 

"Stupid!" Heechul hit the little ghost again. "How can he speak properly if you're covering his mouth? Tell me! Stupid little fish. I should have drowned you." Heechul flips his hair as he rolled his eyes.

 

The little ghost sratched his nape while Hyukjae just stared at them with big eyes. "But hyung... Fishes didn't drown."

 

Heechul rolled again his eyes and put his hand on his waist. "Whatever. You're still stupid."

 

The little ghost smiled sheepishly. "But you still love me, hyung."

 

Heechul glared the little ghost and smirked. "Of course. You're my brother... stupid."

 

"Omo..." Hyukjae got his voice after a while. He blinked to them and sat on his bed.

 

He can't still believe what he saw. Two ghosts and they are siblings. He's really sure that they are ghost even though they're not bleeding and didn't have creepy features like Xiah told to him. But their lower parts are all white. Like the typical cartoon ghosts.

 

"You look like... Casper." Hyukjae said to them.

 

"I'm more beautiful than Casper." Heechul smirked.

 

Hyuked widened his eyes. "OMG. He's talking to me!" He whispered.

 

"Of course! Because you're talking to us!" Heechul exclaimed. "Aigoo... Why do kids growing up stupid nowadays?" He shook his head and glared to them. "I should go now. I don't want to be like you, two. Ciao."

 

As Heechul disappeared in their sight, Donghae decided to introduce himself to Hyukjae. "Hi." He waved and bows his head. "My name is Donghae. Lee Donghae. C-Can you be my friend? Uhmm... H-Hyukkie?" He bites his lips as he looked down. He's a little bit shy because its his first time to talk to a living person.

 

Hyukjae doesn't know what to say or what to react. A ghost talking to him, asking to be his friend like there's no boundary between them.

 

But since Hyukjae wants to play and he finds it cool to play with a ghost, he accepted Donghae to be his friend and they became playmates since then.

 

~

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter