Walk

First Meeting

It was the late morning when Kyungri woke up from her sleep. She spent the whole night doing finish her assignments and finally slept at 1AM.

She was not worried about the time as it was a Saturday and there were no classes. Getting out of bed, she went to the toilet and wash up and get ready for breakfast. Remembering Sungah from yesterday, Kyungri decided to ask her out for brunch and to get to know her better. Grabbing her phone and keys she headed out to her room to pick her up.

[ 5 minutes earlier... ]

Kyungri tried calling her while brushing her teeth.

'Hi, who's this?'

'Hwllo, Sungah. Eets me Kyungwee, the gurl from yeshturday' Kyungri spoke, hearing a giggle afterwards. 'I wash wondering if you'd wike to go out fer brunch together?'

'Yep I don't mind. I just got up a few minutes ago, meet you in five minutes?'

----

Kyungri knocks on Sungah's room door. Hearing no reply, she knocked a little harder this time. The door opened to Kyungri with Sungah standing ready to go. They then headed to the cafe nearby while chatting about common stuff about them.

"Where are we going?" Kyungri asked nervously, they've since walked past the usual cafe she goes to.

The girl beside her was happily typing on her phone; oblivious to the fact Kyungri had asked her a question.

Kyungri coughed a little loudly to get her attention and the girl turned her head to Kyungri with a smile.

"Ah! I'm Sungah, Son Sungah." The girl held her hand out and Kyungri took it. She expected a handshake but instead Sungah held her hand.

"I'm Kyungri..."

Jeez, this girl sure is something... I already knew her name since she does have a name plate outside her door.

Now they were walking hand in hand with Kyungri's question still left unanswered. She had been the one to invite Sungah out but she didn't have the heart to tell the girl that they've past the cafe when she was still happily walking. 

"Where are we going again?" Sungah asked.

"...Huh?" Kyungri almost thought she was the one who said that, after all she had been repeating that sentence over and over again in her head. 

"Where are we going?" Sungah repeated the question, they were still walking. 

"Wait... You don't know?" 

"No, I've never been in this part of the neighbourhood before."

"...But I don't know either!" Kyungri panicked. They were lost. 

Sungah savoured Kyungri's lost and panicked face until Sungah couldn't keep it in any longer.

Sungah burst out laughing.

Kyungri just looked at her with a confused expression. "...What?"

"I know where we are, no need to worry. I was just kidding." Sungah suddenly turned and walked in a different direction without warning, dragging Kyungri along with her. "Look, we're here."

This girl never fails to impress me with her unexpected actions.

Kyungri looked up and saw a fairly small coffee shop but inside there were a fair amount of people, enough so that some people couldn't get seats. 

When they entered, the shop owner face lit up when he saw those two, "Sungah! Welcome back." 

"This is my Uncle's coffee shop." Sungah whispered to the girl, Kyungri's face registering the information.

"Hey Uncle," They hugged whilst Kyungri stood there awkwardly. "So, um, this is Kyungri. My friend." Sungah motioned to Kyungri and her Uncle smiled to her, in which Kyungri shyly smiled back.

"Uncle, can we get a table for two, please?" 

"Yep, over here." He lead them to an empty table, which was seemingly odd because there were far too many people compared to the tables, surely this one would have been taken too. 

"We'll have the usual." 

"Sure, coming right up." Her Uncle then left them to be alone.

Kyungri looked around nervously, "...What's 'the usual'?"

"Trust me, you'll like it." Sungah assured her and they waited until their order came.

When 'the usual' came, it turned out to be a large cupcake, caked in icing plus a caramel macchiato. 

"Wow..." Kyungri looked amazed at how nice the food looked, she didn't want to eat them but her stomach told a different story. 

She took a big bite out of her cupcake when Sungah giggled out of nowhere.

"...Hmm?" Kyungri asked suspiciously with a full mouth.

"Nothing~" Sungah reached out to Kyungri and wiped something off of her face, slightly touching her lips too. 

Kyungri turned red almost immediately, she covered her face in embarrassment but Sungah could only look on and smile.

"You're really cute, Kyungri." Sungah leaned on the table with her two hands cupping her own face, appreciating the girl's presence.

"T- Thank you." Kyungri had been called pretty, beautiful, y even. But never cute, she was surprised at the random compliment. "You know, Sungah... You're really prett-"

"Holy crap, Kyungri. It's almost 10; I need to get to my music lessons!" Sungah looked at her watch frantically.

Kyungri forgot about the fact that her compliment failed and was soon finishing her macchiato and was off.

"Su- Sungah," Kyungri panted as they speed walked back to school. "You go to music class too? How come I never see you there?" 

"Because I'm in the morning session, silly. You're in the afternoon."

"...How do you know that if we haven't met before?"

"Because I've always been watching you, duh. I liked you ever since I heard you sing next door during the first night of university, your voice soothed me and I fell asleep with your voice in my head and I've always wanted to meet you ever since."